It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I've been off subs for ten days, the only way I got through the initial wds was taking Norco twice a day and the last day ultram. All out. I need to know desperately if I take some sub will it set me back? I have children and obviously feel like dying... didn't think it would be this bad after 10 days. Please somebody give me some advice before I take it!!!??

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

It may, if your ten day clean you should start to feel better in in a few days. most people say 14 days and after that its more PAWS, but you may have some acute w/d from the narco. hope this helps, listen to music, keep busy, try and eat good and at least go for walk don't just sit on the couch. This will help you a great deal.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:58 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ty for replying, I greatly appreciate it. I took .05 of sub, cold chills gone but pain is too bad, I have fibro. I need to know what I can take otc besides benadryl??

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Can we get a back story? Time addicted? Mg you stopped at? I hate to sound bitchy, but I'm going to be brutally honest...why on earth did you take an opiate to get off suboxone? Was that your DOC before sub? Very, very rarely is a person successful at quitting suboxone when using opiates to do so.

The best and most painless way to do it is to taper. I tapered down to .25mg and while the first 10 days kind of sucked, I wasn't sick, I was just depressed and lethargic. But exercise helped tremendously. I have two small children at home so I understand what you're saying. You need to taper and then you need to just stop. You will only prolong the inevitable by taking other opiates during the process.

Let me know if you need to chat.

Oh and Unisom works really well for sleep.m

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:11 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I started Norco 4 times a day 5 years ago... doctors tried pushing other drugs on me. I refused to Go stronger then Norco. The Norco obviously stopped working. I found a counselor, she recommended suboxone for pain (on social security for post tramatic stress...being blind in one eye, walk crooked lol all my life, back and neck problems caught up with me, then developed fibro, sucks). I started on 8mgs of sub, then insurance wouldn't cover it, so I took my boyfriends for 7 months, worked great for pain. Then I got so sick of taking it. This is my 7th time trying to stop. I was down to 1 mg a day for months till I ran out and had to stop but was determined this was it. This is the longest I've ever went. Yea I took Norco and ultram perfectly fine. It worked where I could function at least I took 1 10mg every 8 hours. I ran out and surprisingly worked great cause I know I got past the worst part, no restless legs this time, I can sleep with my sleeping pill. I don't understand why I'm so loopy, I can only explain it like soo lethargic I can't drive. Normal? The cold chills and awful pain is killing me. I thought by now I would be good. I need something for the chills? Pain? I've took hot baths which help a lot, taking vitamins, clonidine, klonopin for seizures (which I read they help?) Ty I appreciate the feedback dearly!!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Malsmith143ms wrote:
I started Norco 4 times a day 5 years ago... doctors tried pushing other drugs on me. I refused to Go stronger then Norco. The Norco obviously stopped working. I found a counselor, she recommended suboxone for pain (on social security for post tramatic stress...being blind in one eye, walk crooked lol all my life, back and neck problems caught up with me, then developed fibro, sucks). I started on 8mgs of sub, then insurance wouldn't cover it, so I took my boyfriends for 7 months, worked great for pain. Then I got so sick of taking it. This is my 7th time trying to stop. I was down to 1 mg a day for months till I ran out and had to stop but was determined this was it. This is the longest I've ever went. Yea I took Norco and ultram perfectly fine. It worked where I could function at least I took 1 10mg every 8 hours. I ran out and surprisingly worked great cause I know I got past the worst part, no restless legs this time, I can sleep with my sleeping pill. I don't understand why I'm so loopy, I can only explain it like soo lethargic I can't drive. Normal? The cold chills and awful pain is killing me. I thought by now I would be good. I need something for the chills? Pain? I've took hot baths which help a lot, taking vitamins, clonidine, klonopin for seizures (which I read they help?) Ty I appreciate the feedback dearly!!

The driving...yes! I can totally relate. I actually put a huge scratch in my brand new car a few days into no subs. I should not have been driving! I was completely foggy and out of it and I don't know why. I felt loopier on nothing than I ever did in my addiction! The chills sucked. Horribly. It was my worse complaint and longest lasting symptom. I could only wear super soft pants because I couldn't stand my goosebumps rubbing against jeans or something. All I can say is that it passed, I can't totally remember how long it took, not too long at all. Try finding my thread. I journaled my experience. I haven't had anything in over six months, and I feel fantastic.

But....I don't deal with chronic pain. I have to wonder how you'll find relief?

Oh, and yes, keep taking hot baths and showers and keep heater on. Just get through it!!

"the only way out is through"