It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need Help In Nashville
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I am new to this forum. Ive been on Subs for 3 years. Taking around 24mg a day. Ive never had any issues until now and Im terrified and so sick. My last dose was 4 days ago. 2 weeks ago I had 12 strips stolen out of my car at work parking lot. I did not report it because I cannot afford for my job to find out that I am on sub. Ive never told anyone. Anyways I still had a partial refil left. My Dr. Had just lowred my dose to 2 a day.. I was already struggeling with that. Ive been through my partial and now I dont know what the hell to do my appt. Is this friday.. I called a sub clinic and they can get me in tomm. I dont know the legalities of switching dr's. I need immediate help I am sooo sick.. Soo sick. Im afraid to tell my dr. About this I realize alot of people take there subs and run out I dont know if he will beleive me. Can I go to the ER for help.. Do people really ablidge the 3 day rule?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:12 pm 

Hello Freewill,
Wow,sorry your in this bind. ..Well,honesty with your old dr (?) would be a good first step. See what he will do. I can only guess but this may not be a hopeful plan. Drs are pretty strict.
THE ER 3 day rule ive never seen work. Just my experience with others. Ive never tried it myself. You could go to them and ask. There will be questions from them. Without a police report of the theft im not sure how they would repond.

You really should talk with your current dr first. If he/balks then on to the new one. You do have this option now.right?
Just my 2 cents...
The ER can give you a dose a day for three days. They will not RX you three days sub. It doesn't work that way..

Sorry your ill. Keep posting and maybe others will chime in too.....

Razor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry for my ignorance and curiousity... but what is this 3 day rule you guys are talking about with the er? I've never heard of such a thing.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:26 pm 

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I too do not know about this three day rule? I do agree that I think the best thing is to call your regular Doctor and explain what happened. I know your fear, only two people other than myself know about my being on suboxone. I will say a prayer that it all gets resolved for you tomorrow morning! Please let us know how you make out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:44 pm 

If a person runs out or for other reasons cant get there sub (thats a whole other story), drs in ER's can provide 3 days of Buprenorphine to the patient.
Some will do this. Many do not understand or even know of the rule or law . Any dr can rx bupe for Pain but not for addiction. These drs need a waver from the DEA for addiction.

So as a last resort we read here from time to time people going to the ER trying to get a dose to a three day script. The problem is convincing a er dr the need or the law...

If you go to the search box and type ER and Suboxone, you will find threads there with experiences in this...

Hope this helped..good luck too...

Razor..