It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, my first post so I hope I'm in the right section. Just quickly here, I was abusing 10 15mg oxcodone, my last day waiting to start I took only two, the last one at 2:00pm, so I waited the 12 hours, was getting really restless and decided to start. I took the two films, expected it to start immediately I suppose, but completely freaked out, screaming in the night, God what am I going to do, over and over. It was hell, I think I got myself so worked up I even vomited a couple of times. layed down and actually slept a few hours, woke up and feel a bit weird but not so much in withdrawal state. My question....at what time would I start my daily dosing? Since I started at 2am I don't see taking it at 2am each day. When would be a good time to start? Start all over in the am upon rising? Unsure at this point so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting to know you all!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI

Its not too big of a deal, to just take it either in the morning, or at night, depending on what works best for you.
some people complain of sleepiness when first starting suboxone, so if thats the case for you,nightime might work better.
I, myself take it first thing in the morning, becuz thats how I always took everything else. LOL
wouldnt get outta bed unless I had something.

ANYways, since you've only had one dose, it shouldnt make too much of a difference what time of day you decide your
'schedule' will be.

Good luck
let us know if you have any more questions!!!

and congrats on making the change!!!!!!!! :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thanks so much getting back to me. this stuff seems amazing, and to think i thought about it for over 3 years!! i've been on drugs all my life, hard drugs and have a good feeling i'm going to finally b ok! spending in excess of 600 bucks a month has me in ruins, but i thank god and good peeps like you for helping me find my way!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hey there Zoodog! Welcome to the forum. I'm like you in the sense that I waited years before starting this drug! What a waste. Oh well, I'm here now and doing good. Sucks that you freaked out the way ya did. Hope you're all better now. Sometimes a little freakout helps!

I thik the way Amber does and you shouldn't have any problem setting a dosing schedule for whatever suits your needs. I'm the opposite when it comes to sub. It doesn't make me sleepy at all. Rather, it gives me a little boost of energy about 30 minutes after taking it, so I take it every morning, and never too close to sleep time.

Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. This really is a great forum when it comes to support for recovering addicts! Hope that you are feeling well today, and conratulations on beginning your recovery! Once again, Welcome to the forum![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Don't freak yourself out. You should actually wait until you've been in a good amount of withdrawls until you start subs. If not, it will actually cause more of a withdrawl. As far as time to take it, I would take the whole dose at one time. When I first started I was taking 12mg three times a day. It was stupid. I couldn't talk during my dose and the people around me were getting annoyed. I also found that taking in the morning made me feel like shit. So now I take the whole dose at night before bed. That way it's quite, most people are asleep and I can keep the dose in my mouth and watch TV or use the computer. Hope this helps.