It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I just took my last dose of methadone yesterday after 5 years. I was on 30mg daily. Does anyone know of a dr. in arizona. that takes emergency appointments. I'm freaking out aleady & the worst hasn't hit yet. I can already tell my bllood pressure is through the roof. Is there anything that could help until I can get in to see a suboxone dr.? (I don't have access to any pill or meds of any sort) Does it take a long time to get an appointment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi autismmomaz and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the tough spot you're in. I don't live in Arizona, so I can't offer you any names of doctors. I have a couple of questions - were you on methadone for addiction or pain management? I'm curious about the abrupt stop, but you don't have to go into it if you're not comfortable. If you need it for pain management you might want to try your family doctor. Otherwise, I'd get a list of doctors in your area that prescribe suboxone and start calling them Monday. (Try naabt.org, sahmsa.org/gov/com?, suboxone.com, suboxone-directory.com.) You could try the ER, but I doubt they'd start you on suboxone - maybe they'd give you methadone in the interim, or pain meds? It's probably a long shot, but I thought I'd throw it out.

I would encourage you to share your story and how you're doing here, it might make you feel better and you'll get alot of support.

Take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi! I'm sorry to hear about the spot you are in. I live in PA and I know when I was calling around for suboxone dr's (and didn't have insurance) one person at one of the clinics actually recommended for me to go to the ER and tell them my situation and have them start me on subutex b/c then I might get county asst. But, at my local ER they have a detox program, I know many ER's don't have that. But it might be worth a shot if you get really sick. Maybe they can at least make you comfortable or prescribe you some more methadone..... How are you feeling today....hope you are doing ok...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Another reason I said ER is cause it tool me two weeks to get an appt. BUT, I just went with the closest dr, and the office my friend worked at cause I felt most comfortable there. Plus, I live in PA so things could move much faster where you are. Please let us know how you are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The ER can give you comfort meds such a clonidine for the blood pressure issues and ativan for anxiety and they can give you something for sleep also. I went to the ER and they took VERY good care of me and got the list of symptoms and just started treating them one by one to make me more comfortable. From what I understand, it is difficult to go from methadone to suboxone anyways, so you would likely have to go through some of this anyhow in order to transition. So certainly you can try the ER AND try the websites Melissa suggested to find a suboxone doctor. My suggestion is to try ALL of the websites she gave and don't stop trying to get any appointment until you actually have an appointment scheduled within a time frame you can live with.

Good luck and take care! Hang in there.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Best thing to do is go to Suboxone.com and click on the "locate a physician tab" and you should find one no problem. I know in Phoenix there is literally hundreds of them. My Sub doctor is a really cool guy and I'm sure if you told them what you're going through they would try to get you in there ASAP. You can private message me if you want and I'll do what I can to help you out.