It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: need help ASAP plz
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm into buprenorphine(Lupigesic).I'm using it last 7 to 8 months(4ml each day).2morow(3rd Nov) I'm flyin' 2 Hawaii for a business trip wit my family just for 10 days.I'm really worried for da withdrawal I'm gonna face.Can nyone tell me what shud I do during my staying in Hawaii which wud help me to avoid da horrible pains nd sleepless nights..(legal medicine,tips watever)plz.I can't carry these buprenorphine cuz I'm not prescribed nd heard tht it's illegal to travel with.Plz reply me asap...!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Where are you traveling from?

I work in the entertainment business and travel a lot, so does my husband. We have never been asked for proof of a prescription while traveling. We also didn't tend to carry our actual prescription bottles with us, either, as they were so bulky. I personally wouldn't worry about traveling with suboxone considering how many times I've traveled, even to/ from europe.

JMO. I used to live on Maui, what island are you going to?

If you are adamant about going thru withdrawals on vacation, I suggest hot baths, OTC sleep meds, Imodium, music therapy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yeah, I agree with tinydancer. I flew to Hawii in august and I brought ten days worth of my suboxone. I put it in my carry on bag in a ziploc baggy. I didnt bring my prescription bottle cause its huge. Nobody said a word. Good luck and have fun!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I used to travel through the airport with a pill box full of clonazapam, roxys, norcos and whatever else I was doing before I got clean, in my purse. I also used to check a SMTWTFS (day pill organizer) filled with both prescription drugs and vitamins, I didnt think twice about it, nor were there ever issues. I was never stopped, and I'm a frequent traveler. Just be safe, put them in a pill bottle with your name on it, personally, I would carry on with some and check the rest (put both in prescription bottles with your name on it). Good luck! just please be safe and smart, DO NOT worry or act suspicious while going through security of course.

Post subject: 10 Pills
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello , Buddy Nobody asks you for proof of prescrpion if you are carrying less than a month supply, specially bupeneorphine is a weak parial opiate agonist, and most custom staff know this , this is no legal advice, What I do not understand is you have been on suboxone for 7 , 8 month with no prescrption. If I were you I would see a doctor and see him/her once every month , Docor Visits could be therapeutic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

When I was taking subs I traveled with them, and didnt take my prescription bottle with me, never had a problem

tinydancer I lived in Maui also :) I moved there in the early 90's moved back to los angeles in 1998

Post subject: Lupigesic?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm 

He posted once and left. We'll probably never see him again. And what is this Lupigesic? All I could find was this:

The Department of Narcotics Control (DNC) yesterday arrested two alleged inter-district drug traffickers from the city's Sutrapur area and seized 1274 Lupigesic injections from their possession.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of DNC led by Inspector Azizul Islam caught one Mustaque Hossain and Khorshed Alam from in front of Sutrapur Community Centre at R M Das Lane and seized the injections. The arrested persons brought those injections from Birampur border under Hakimpur Upazila of Dinajpur district.
These injections are used for dogs and horses but recently are being used as synthetic drugs. It makes the drug users more addicted and more attractive to them.
A case was filed with Sutrapur Thana in this connection.

And then this too:

TECHNICAL NAME » BUPRENORPHINE O.3MG HCL LUPIGESIC
PACKING TYPE » INJECTIONS
WORLDCARE BRAND NAME » PNORPHIN

I figure most of you Googled this drug name and came up with very little. Just how does a person get a hold of this med? He must be from a country that has it I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rule,

I talked to him several times via PM but never heard from him after the trip. I don't know how it worked out. He was on the liquid doses of bupe and injecting so I can understand why he was so worried to travel with his meds. That and his country's security is not one you'd want to test. Very strict where he was traveling out of..

I hope all worked out for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:23 pm 

tinydancer wrote:
Hey Rule,

I talked to him several times via PM but never heard from him after the trip. I don't know how it worked out. He was on the liquid doses of bupe and injecting so I can understand why he was so worried to travel with his meds. That and his country's security is not one you'd want to test. Very strict where he was traveling out of..

TD, now I wonder if he is in jail from trying to carry it in a country with strict rules and enforcement. Considering he has posted since makes one question it. I surely hope not. Maybe he'll come back and explain it.

Injecting it from an ampule, I have to wonder what strength he was on. It sounds like a lot compared to a small film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
tinydancer wrote:
Hey Rule,

TD, now I wonder if he is in jail from trying to carry it in a country with strict rules and enforcement. Considering he has posted since makes one question it. I surely hope not. Maybe he'll come back and explain it.

Injecting it from an ampule, I have to wonder what strength he was on. It sounds like a lot compared to a small film.

He was pretty adamant about not traveling with the bup. As soon as he filled in some of the blanks for me, I did not argue with him and advised that he knew best. I sincerely hope everything turned out ok for him. I have no idea of the strength. All he said was 4ml dose per day. Additionally bup is illegal in his country so he was not getting it from a doctor/ legal source which is also why he didn't want to travel with it. Totally understandable.

I think they stopped prescribing the injectable doses of bup here. My husband used to get them from a doctor back in like 1999/2000 but I haven't heard about or seen them since. If you are injecting into the muscle, would you need to take more because of the absorption factor? IDK.

Post subject: buprenex
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Buprenorphine amps still exist with a name brand of Buprenex. There were certainly some 'rogue' doctors in the 90's who prescribed them for substitution/maintenence of opioid addiction illigally. Permanant Midnight by Jerry Stahl is a favorite drug memoir of mine and he references a Dr. in LA who RXed Buprenex amps to showbiz addicts to keep their habits in remission and I want to say that book was published in 1993 0r 1994. Also, Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love referenced Buprenex being prescribed to them both and Cobain killed himself in 1994 so it was obviously before then.

Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ Ahh.. permanent midnight. I haven't seen that movie in forever but the soundtrack is one of my favorites. I listen to it all the time. If you don't have it, get it.

I wonder if the doctor he is referencing is the same doctor that prescribed my husband is bup amps back in the day. This guy named doctor Jerry from malibu. He was known for going rogue to help people. My husband was shooting TV shows from the road and would often get sick and have the ampules fedexed to him at certain locations. Doctor Jerry was good like that. Can't remember his last name.