It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello All,

It's been awhile since I last posted, and I've been meaning to give all of you a positive update, in that I finally seem to have fallen into a taper routine that is working for me. However, unfortunately I've run into a pretty big problem.

I just recently relocated to the DC area for a job, and I coordinated with a new doc in VA to see him next week. My old doc back home would only give me a month's worth of medicine, which I had to stretch out to make last until I saw the new one. (Which took me six weeks to get in).

I called to confirm the appointment (next Tuesday) and get directions and the office number was disconnected. All contact information on the VA medical board website for this doctor has been scrubbed and I will completely run out of medicine in 5 days.

I'm just so angry about this. Doctors always complain about the inconsistency and instability of suboxone patients, but I have to say that it does seem to go both ways. I am a model suboxone patient, I always pay my bills in full, I show up, do the work (taper and strive to get off this stuff), and I've never asked for an early refill, not once. This shouldn't happen.

I don't know what to do. I've tried calling other doctors but none of them are taking patients or don't have appointments for another six weeks. I've never had to deal with an interruption in care before, and I'm terrified that a forced withdrawal will lose me my new job.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:52 pm 

I am so sorry that you are in this position!

Is there any way, do you think, that your former sub doctor would write you another script? I would call his office and tell him what happened. Maybe he can help you a little bit.

It would be a good idea for you to contact pharmacies in your area and ask them who is prescribing suboxone. They don't have to tell you, of course, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Have you asked the doctors who are full of patients if they can recommend someone?

That's what I've got from the top of my head.

I hope your situation improves! Keep us informed. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

sorry to hear about your situation, anxiety about our meds is troublesome. Like Amy said, check with your old doc first, then click on the Find Suboxone Doctors link on this page (on the bar at the top), I'm sure you can at least find some numbers to call. I used the link a couple years back, put in my zip code (in Houston), and found well over 20 docs to choose from. I called around for the best price, and found my doc which I still see currently.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:02 pm 

Wow this is terrible and I'm so sorry ur having to deal with this! I'd be an absolute wreck right now. I don't know how far away u moved but is it a possibility that u can make the trip once a month bk to ur old Dr if he'd take u bk? I'd be willing to do anything if I were u. I remember when I was using, I'd go to Florida from Tennessee once a month to get oxycodone from a pain clinic (at that time it was extremely easy to obtain scripts for huge amounts of pills in fl). What I'm saying is that we jumped through all kinds of hoops when we were using. I sure hope u find ya a Dr, this is heartbreaking, especially when u were counting on this new Dr and then they disappear in thin air.

We also like to recommend maybe calling local pharmacies to see if they know of any sub doctors around. Maybe u can try that?