It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all. I went to detox and then rehab at the end of Jan. After several failed attempts at getting clean at home with subs.. (I could never wait the 24 hrs) I finally just went to detox. Things started going very well but sadly after getting out of rehab it wasn't very long until I relapsed. "One time" is now two weeks later and I'm back to shooting close to what I was using before. I am determined to detox at home and I have 2mg suboxone I was prescribed twice daily. Can somebody please help me? Do I still have to wait 24 hrs to take the sub? I'm so disappointed in myself. I do not want to use anymore and I know if I don't stop now things are going to get really ugly.. how bad do you think my withdrawals will be? Like the typical 3-5 days? Do you think it'll be less severe since it has only been two weeks? I appreciate any help!! I'm so scared :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Relapses happen. Just move forward. Were you prescribed 4mg daily?? It is important that you wait until you are in withdrawal to take your first dose. It really isn't measured in time but measured by how bad your withdrawals are. Look up a COWS sheet and score yourself-I don't remember the score you shouild have (I think 23-26??). When you reach it, then you can start your induction. Others will be along to give better info. Hang in there-you can do this. You will be soo happy when you do! A little discomfort for a better life is well worth it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 pm 

Hello Laflair,
I wish I had better news for you but detoxing at home very rarely works out. The dope man is to close by in most cases.
Is it possible? , yes, but Im more concerned about how you will continue after a few days of not useing. ..

You have a sub dr? Or were you given a RX as you left the rehab? Imo, you need a loug term sub treatment program to help you aloug.
Please try not to be to hard on yourself Laflair. Opiate Addiction is a chronic relapsing disease that won't just go away after you stop use for a time. Shame and guilt wont won't help either. Glad you ve come to our forum for help too. There are many of us just like you who had a ruff start but are doing well and in recovery.

Im not clear on just how much Suboxone you have but induction is always the same. You must
be in moderate to severe WD before beginning. This can be anywhere between 20 to 30 hours of waiting. Its hard, uncomfortable too but a full day could get you there. This is about tolerance and we have no idea what that is . How much you used could help determine the length of wd before induction.
Im sure your scared but can you wait the day or so then begin the sub? And please find a dr if you haven't one.

Welcome to the forum Laflair. We are here for you.. Razor...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Laflare,

For sure agree w the prior posters. Wondering how can only 4 mgs/day work when you're at what surely sounds like a higher tolerance from H? Are you aware what tolerance means and especially w respect that bup will lower it? And how that feels and what that means? Are you aware you likely need to be above 8 mgs/day to stop the cravings and obsessions to use? You are already addicted! Starting and STAYING on suboxone till you get you life together does NOT further your addiction!! JUST THE OPPOSITE -- its puts it into remission and then great life changes happen. The short quicky bup detoxes just never work...as you are experiencing. Suboxone is a very good drug - a far diiferent drug than a full opiate like H. it works as tons of us here attest. I'm off bup for a few yrs and so grateful for it. I needed time on it to get stable and change up life so that nothing looked the same and all old ways were - well long gone... Wishing you my best, P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you SO much for the responses and all of your help! Reading them has made me feel a lot better already. In detox they gave me a 2 month script for 2 mg twice a day. When I started the sub in detox I was at 4 mg morning and night which was really tough but I stuck it thru and after 7 days in detox I was experiencing night sweats still but was much much better than my first 4 days! The reason I went down to 2 mg twice a day was because that was the limit at the rehab I was at. I have a sub dr I plan to follow up with but money is an issue right now and also I feel like I'll break my dads heart again after all of this. Before I went to detox I was doing a gram a day IV and am now getting close to that again, my tolerance has gone up a lot within the past 4 days. I don't have subutex I just have the suboxone. I'm thinking of just taking 2 mg once my Wds get bad - as someone said the COWS worksheet - thank you so much I'll be using that! I have a huge fear of precipitated wds but I'm going to do my very best to wait until the last possible minute to take my sub. I'm starting to wd after about 10-12 hrs after my last dose.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

i didn't wait to start using subs. the dr. didn't even mention waiting. by the time i found a pharmacy to fill them, it had been about 12 hours since i used. i didn't have any wd symptoms at all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm also really paranoid I think the heroin I've been doing the past 4-5 days has been cut with fentnyl.. I'm not positive but I'm so scared of pwds and I heard that if you have fentnyl in your system it can throw you into pwds.. can anyone help me with this. I did my last shot about 5 hrs ago and I just woke up sweating.. I'm having extreme anxiety right now I'm freaking out

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Laflare

I think I remember your posts very well (assuming you're the same person.)
Was it your boyfriend that gave you some heroin last time you tried
at home?

As others have said, relapsing is what addicts do. You can't blame yourself.
You have a disease. OTOH, it's a disease for which you have to take responsibility, analogous
maybe to someone with bipolar disorder deciding to go off her meds. If you can
just get yourself on subs, you'll be free and clear of cravings (though you likely need
more than 4 Mg/s to start ). And you'll be able to work on your long term sobriety. I promise
you it's worth any short term discomfort.

I also recall your biggest problem last time was anxiety about PW. I can totally
identify. I've had anxiety issues all my life. It can truly be a terrible way to live.
Of course I don't know if you're in that same situation. And if you're not the person
I remember than please forgive me.

But regarding PW you've clearly got extreme anxiety, and as I recall have
had it all along. If it's something you're simply not going to be able to overcome (of course no one here can
tell you definitely whether your H was cut with fentanyl). And it's true
that stuff can hang around in the body a long while. Then your only option is to
take something (not heroin!!!) that can keep you going until you're sure
any fentanyl is out of your body.

I wonder if you can get tested for it, as what I've suggested above as an option is not a good way to go.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:20 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

how's it going laflare?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
how's it going laflare?

I think we've lost laflare again... for a little while only we hope.
It took me a long time to work up the courage to give up
the DOC and get on bupe. I can completely identify with
this person's anxiety issues. She's using heroin and is worried
about PW from any fentanyl that might be in there. Which it
seems to me is a legit fear.

But now she's in a classic addict trap. She can't get off the heroin
long enough not to be scared out of her wits about PW because
of the fentanyl. And there's no way to be sure the stuff she's
getting has none. So there's nothing left to do but keep
doing the heroin.

Laflare, if you're still reading I just want you to know I completely
get it. My suggestion would be to use something else for a week, something
you can be sure has no fentanyl in it. Then make the jump.

There's really no other way that I can think of,

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:53 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

that's what i was going to say too, Godfrey. pills would a least not have fentanyl.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Laflare,
First off, congrats on getting back on the wagon. I know this post is almost a month old, so I'm just checking in. Are you still actively trying to beat your addiction? If so, what methods have you used? Did you end up going to a facility? Anyway, I hope this post find you well and strong.

There was something in one of your posts about breaking your dad's heart again. We as addicts have to be mindful of us first, selfish as that may seem. Your dad loves you and he would want what's best for you. There may come a day when you and your dad can actively talk about your addiction. I will say it is nice to get your father support. UC my dad is a recovering heroin addict. He admitted himself to an in-patient facility just Twenty-One short days after I admitted myself. My poor mom had to deal with not only an addict for a daughter but an addict for a husband as well. I have not touched any of my former demons for two years in 4 days. If you need any support or just to vent, please feel free to look me up on here. We can and we will get through this, with the power of modern medicine support groups like these, support groups in the community, loving families, and a higher power. You will be in my prayers I wish you all the best

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:03 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

MrsCaptAmerica wrote:
If you need any support or just to vent, please feel free to look me up on here. We can and we will get through this, with the power of modern medicine support groups like these, support groups in the community, loving families, and a higher power. You will be in my prayers I wish you all the best

I haven't been here all that long but I do notice that members kind of come and go. Hopefully it's because they're too busy with a happy, successful life... one can only hope for the best. But I thought your post deserved a reply because it was very kind and you were reaching out to a complete stranger. That's really cool. In fact, it seems like lately we've had some very positive types join our community.

As you can imagine we also get some people who have had a rough time for whatever reason. Sometimes it's genuinely side effects and sometimes people just want to blame the medicine for all of the sorrow in their lives without taking a hard and honest look at what behaviors and thought distortions are keeping them trapped in misery. I feel bad for those people. I wish everyone would have a positive experience on this medicine because it has the potential to save thousands of lives. Thank you for your comments and for trying to reach out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Open Mind. You are quite kind and positive as well. I'm just posting on here what I hope others would too, and I know I've only been on here a few days, but already I've spoken to so many kind and compassionate fellow addicts on here. No judgement, stigma or blame, just down to earth and honest people. I believe in the golden rule, and if we treated others the way we want to be treated, then addiction would have an insanely difficult time beating any of us. :lol: