It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey y'all just a little intro.. I'm 21 years old, a college student at the University of Alabama (well not this semester due to money problems), currently live in Tuscaloosa, AL., and am currently hooked hard on Methadone. While Methadone is my d.o.c., I've been on heavy doses of codeine hcl powder, vicodin, percocet, lortab, oxycontin, and morphine at some point in my opiate addiction. Opiates have just always been my weakness, I never actively used any other drug past recreational experimentation (I do smoke marijuana daily but have never had an issue stopping or it effecting my life like opiates.)

Im currently on around 100mg of Methadone but that fluctuates sometimes i may go higher if im extra stressed or as low as i can without getting sick when supply is low.. I started on painkillers from playing football in high school i had several nagging injuries that never would properly heal and I would go through many phases of constant chronic unbearable pain. Problem was I lived with my granny at the time and she wouldnt allow opiate pain meds due to the fact that her mother was heavily addicted and did horrible things to her as a result. So when the pain from my injuries would get to be too much, I turned to getting the meds illegally and was instantly in love with the opiate high. I've dabbled in the NA meetings and whatnot and they're definately not something that works for me, in fact having that much focus on my addiction with going to meetings and talking about it 24/7, etc. actually made me feel like all it does is make you sit in your past mistakes and flaws forever if you stay in the program.. It's almost like when your in the NA or AA program your entire life revolves and is defined by a horrible addiction, when what I want to do is find an answer/resolution and move on to live as normal as possible and start a family and such.. Not live in the past with my mistakes and flaws the rest of my life. That's just my opinion on how it made me feel though, I know it works for some and I fully respect it!

I've known and heard about Suboxone/Subutex/Buprenorphine for a little while now and I know without a doubt I want this. I NEED this, I've never been so sure of anything in my life. This is the answer for me, the answer I've been looking for my whole life and the answer I've been looking for for my addiction as well. So I some questions about Suboxone or just all Buprenorphine pharms as a whole if anyone has answers to the best of their knowledge there is no limit to my gratitude for ANY help...

Q1: If there's anyone from the Tuscaloosa, AL. area on the board what are some good doctors to see for the least hassle and whatnot, and most reasonably priced?
Q2: I have Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, can someone possibly give me an estimate of the cost of the doctors visit and a generic buprenorphine (if available) total?
Q3: Once I find a doctor and have my first appointment set up, do I start on the meds the same day? Because I want to already be in full withdrawal and take it on the spot if they allow that..
Q4: I've heard this before but I'm unsure if it's true: if you cannot afford a full prescription can you really pay for partial prescriptions like bit by bit from a pharmacy so you can at least get by?

Thank you again for any help I can get with these questions.. I'm a broke 21 year old with this addiction and I want it GONE so I can get my life on track and be successful and happy and normal. My minds is set on doing this right, getting on Suboxone, and doing this thing all the way. I do love life and I want mine back! The problem isn't my desire to do this, it's whether I have the ability. I'm out of college this semester due to the fact that I simply can't afford it all right now and needed a bit of time to stash up some cash to live off of, and I want to be able to go back to school off Methadone and on Suboxone and have everything going in the right way. I just don't know if I can afford to do everything to get Suboxone and still have enough to live off AND be in school because I've been on my own basically my whole life and im having trouble finding another job lately. So I have no family really to speak of to get help from and don't know what to do or how to get help on Suboxone... Since I've always been on my own and had to support myself I've had to be tough and always had the mindset of "I can and will do anything I set my mind to, there's always a way" and I've always had to be a man about it. But right now I'm worried if I'll be able to support myself while on Suboxone and in school, or if i can even make it to that point because I'm 100% on my own and if I can't do it or afford to live, I'm literally out on my ass with no where to turn. I'm tough as hell and I've been through/can take alot of stuff, but right now I just feel like a lost kid that's running out of options.. If anyone has been in the same situation and has a tip or knows where to turn or ANYTHING, PLEASE help me I'm asking man to man to y'all as a good person. Or if anyone has any suboxone they no longer need or can afford to sell at a discounted price, that's something I'd never forget. Any info, tips, answers, and help anyone can give me to any degree will never be forgotten, and my gratitude will know no lengths. All I want to do is get off this junk, get on bupe, get back in school clean, and live the wonderful life I know I have in store. Thank you all so much ahead of time for any help again I don't even know how to express it... Just thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi methadophile. Congratulations on making the decision to get off the cycle of active addiction. It's a bit step, but I believe it's a GREAT step to take to get your life back.

The first thing you need to do is start looking for a doctor. There are four online doctor locators. One is at the top of this forum and is to suboxone-directory.com. There are also naabt.org, samhsa.gov, and suboxone.com. Make sure to try to find a doctor that will take your insurance. Unfortunately some sub doctor deal on a cash basis only. Don't ask me why -we've discussed that before and it sucks! But there ARE docs out there that do take insurance. You just need to find one.

Everyone's insurance policy is different based on their insurance carrier and their employer, so what BC/BS pays for my meds won't necessarily be the same as they would pay for you. With my BC/BS insurance, Medco is the carrier that handles the prescriptions and I can just go online and check their database to find out which medications are covered. If you don't know who handles that part of your insurance, check the back of your card. (It could be BC/BS itself.)

When it comes to how doctors do first appointments and inductions, they are all different. When you start calling you'll just have to ask what their induction protocol is. You also might want to ask if they have other requirements, such as therapy or 12-step meetings. Some doctors require that. But it varies greatly.

I THINK that, yes, you can get a prescription filled a little at a time. But I have no idea if that depends on one's insurance or the pharmacy or if it's allowed everywhere. I'm sure someone will come along that knows more about that than I do.

I truly hope you can find a way to afford sub treatment, because as far as I'm concerned it will change your life substantially (for the better). Most of us see it this way: Think about what we've done and paid to keep our addiction going...Put the same amount of effort/money (if not more) into your recovery.

Lastly, you aren't going to find anyone here to sell/give you extra pills. That's called diversion and isn't only against the law, but it would get that person dropped from their sub treatment. Plus I wouldn't want anything to jeopardize this forum.

I hope I've answered at least some of your questions. Feel free to ask as many more as you want. We're here to help you with information and support as best we can. Welcome to the forum!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: My take
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First welcome to the forum and I am glad you are interested in trying to change your lifestyle. I am not a doctor but will just share with you my thoughts and a little bit about what I have learned in my 19 months on suboxone.

First off although we can relate like Hat said you will be hard pressed to find anyone to sell you their pills. Most of us take our recovery of addiction remission very seriously and would not risk getting kicked out of our program for diverting pills.

The thing about this medicine is it is very hard to find a doctor that will take insurance for suboxone treatement. I live in a fairly large city that has 28 doctors that can prescribe suboxone (you have to have a DATA WAIVER to prescribe). Of the 28 doctors I found only two that took insurance but have a long waiting list as they are limited to the number of patients they are allowed to have. The first year 30 patients...after that 100 patients. Most only do cash only- it ranges to $75 per visit to $250 per visit. I have seen some that want $600 for the initial visiit.

The medicine is suboxone (with naloxone) which most doctors prescribe without insurance sells for $6-$8 dollars a pill. The generic subutex is hard to get because alot of doctors do not want to prescribe because it is abused alot. Mostly women on this program that are pregnant get subutex....but there are some that will work with you for financial reasons and give you generic subutex which can be found as low as $1.50 per pill.

You may want to call your insurance company and they may be able to help you. I was thinking my company has a 24 hour nurse line that I called once and she found me a surgeon that takes my insurance to do elbow surgery.

Most doctors have a contract which states that while on the sub program you can do no other illegal drugs or benzos as benzos can result in respritory arrest while taking suboxone. So if your doing other things they will have to stop as most do drug test monthly or every 3 months.

I am not trying to give you a bunch of negative information but you should know so your not disappointed when trying to locate a doctor. Suboxone has done wonders for alot of us but many of us also go to therapy or 12 step programs. The drug manufactuer has a patient assitance program but only allow 3 patients per doctor.

I hope some of this helped. Suboxone saved me and has kept me out of w/d and decreased my cravings. Others will have their own views and comments about their experience. You have recieved mine. Good luck.

Jim

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I didn't even think about it when I asked if there was anyone who might sell leftover suboxone for discounted price, I shouldn't have asked that and I apologize guys! I surely don't want to risk anyone else's Suboxone program in any way, I just didn't think of it that way I suppose. It just doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get into a Suboxone detox and maintenance program as there simply seems to be no way I can come up with the resources... It's so strange to me why it would be this difficult to get into it, but so EASY to maintain an addiction's supply. Maybe I'm doomed to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:D Hello Methaphili,

First off don't give up so easy there are many things you can try first. If i were you I would 1st call the "Here to help program". Here is the number is 1-866-973-4373. They can help you find a doctor, and have programs such as "needy meds" that will help pay for meds. Don't give up this easy, chase your recovery like you chase your high. :idea:

Where are you getting your metadone? on the street or in a clinic? Before staring subs you will need to get down to 30mgs or less of methadone a day, I belive this is protocal? Anyone else reading this please correct me if i'm wrong :shock:

Suboxone has changed my life in soooooooo many ways and I belive it will change yours please don't give up :!: :!:

If you need anything else please let us know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Depending on the doctor, you can get onto Suboxone from 40mg's of methadone/day, all the way down to 10mg's/day. I got on @ 32mg's. You do have to be in w/drawals, but they can test for how much methadone you have in you in a couple minutes by a urine test. I still had some but got dosed anyways with no w/drawals at all. Every doctor is a different human, so their policies differ depending on the person. My dr. doesn't mind me being on bz's, and a fairly high dose for that matter, as long as I have a prescription. My doctor also writes me a script for what I can pay for at that time, but that's MY doctor. I'm not sure if they all do that. Just like everyone else has said, you worked real hard to keep your addiction, so put that energy into getting help. It is out there. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

To whoever asked: I get my Methadone on the street, not rx.

Thanks for all the replies and encouragement I appreciate it more than y'all know.. I don't want to give up on getting on Suboxone and kicking this JUNK but I just simply don't see a way out, it's like I'm trapped. I can't kick the Methadone cold turkey because A the 'done WD's are just horrific, it's not that there's no way I could tough it out but it feels seriously dangerous health-wise to even kick Methadone cold turkey.. And B I've got so much chaos in my life every day it feels more and more like the walls are caving in on me and I can't remember the last time I was legitimately happy about where I was headed/how my life was going. Methadone feels like the only thing keeping me from imploding and everything falling apart, and the only thing that wards off the constant debilitating panic attacks.

I desperately want to get off it, there's not even any enjoyment left in getting high I'm just running from withdrawals and hopelessness. I want my life, personality, dreams, drive, joy, pride back.. I'm such a great guy with SO much going for me, and I don't want a pill taking that from me for one more second. I just don't know how I can get the means to get on this Suboxone treatment. I'm 21 years old and just moved here a few months ago when I started getting serious with a girl I was dating, so I've been focused on her until recently when we split (thanks to my addiction what else) so I haven't really gotten close to any acquaintances here yet. My family basically consists of my nanny and I've basically been on my own my whole life other than as much as she could help me.. So hell right now I'm alone in this world with no one to turn to for help getting the resources to get on suboxone. I've been looking for a job forever but that's kind of difficult when you have a criminal record (nothing really bad, but still) and so many other people are out looking for jobs now that don't.. I've got like 80 bucks to my name right now and as much as I hate to I've had to start dealing just to keep me afloat but it's unbelievably dry around here right now so I'm not making jack.. I had to sell my truck and every single penny went to bills i had to catch up on, and I was getting so behind on payments I had to cut my phone off too. I just don't see being able to flip enough bud to make up the couple grand or however much it costs to get started on sub (plus with no vehicle or phone!!) and be able to keep food in my belly, keep my bills paid, and keep up my habit so I don't withdraw from hell. I mean I would get a loan but I don't have a job and don't know of anywhere that gives loans without a payroll stub..

I've got to get on sub and will do whatever it takes, I just don't know what that is yet I really need some breakthrough tips and advice guys, and thanks again for the responses so far it means a lot for strangers to care!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're in a really tough spot right now. I'm sorry for that. I see it this way. Will you be able to repair all these areas of your life if you're still in active addiction? Or if you do whatever it takes to get on sub, will that put you in a better position to start repairing your life?

I know it's hard not to get sucked in by everything that's dragging you down right now. It's obvious to me by how you're handling things that you're very strong and determined. But I'd bet it feels pretty damn overwhelming right now. When you're that inundated with so many things, I think the best way to address them is to think of them in terms of smaller, more achievable goals that you can do one at a time.

I know I'm not giving you any concrete advice or answers, but hopefully a different perspective might help right now. Hang in there and keep us posted on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hate to come on here posting all my problems cause that's just not me at all but I figured having all the info out there would get me the best tips or whatnot, and yea man it honestly is a toughhh spot. On top of everything I've explained, I'm actually living here to go to school and had to take this semester off to save up enough cash to be able to get back in school and still support myself at the same time. And yea I feel like suboxone is THE answer to help with all these problems I just wish GETTING it wasn't one of the problems! It'd still be hard as hell to get everything done I need to, support myself, and get back in school (and once in, maintain grades and get all the work done); but if I was on suboxone and not in active addiction, that'd free me up like nothing else to accomplish all that. Because getting rid of this addiction gets rid of me spending time chasing highs and running for deal life from withdrawals, having to spend most of my money that I need to support myself and get on suboxone on 'done, and will help me get past all my anxiety and stress not having the guilt from addiction... It just basically completely frees me up so I can have my life back, I feel like I'm imprisoned and suboxone is the key I can't quite get ahold of. Thanks for the encouragement man, that's what helps the most is people believing in me when I think hope is lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I understand exactly how hard $ is to come by these days. I too had to sell my car and get a beater to drive around with and close out my 401K of 16 years to pay for 'done and then Sub. But things are doable. First off, you need to get down to just about 30mg's of methadone BEFORE you can even think about getting onto Suboxone. Second, it won't cost you a couple thousand dollars. You pay for the first meeting with your dr. and pay him then, usually for the first month. Mine was $350.00 for the first month, and people tell me that's expensive, (but prices depend on where you live), then the price goes down every month for dr. visits. MOST doctors give the patient one week worth of med on the first visit. So it cost me almost $500.00 for the first visit, but the methadone clinic was $420.00/month, plus $160.00 for gas. Once you get your first script, you can take what the dr. tells you to take, (which is usually too much), or try knocking your dose down on your own, BUT let your doctor know what you are doing. As long as you aren't in w/drawals or having cravings, I can't see why a dr. would want you on anything that's gonna make you tired all day. In my first week I dropped from 24mg's/day to 16mg's/day. That's one whole pill, or 30 LESS pills you need to pay for each month. My 2nd week I dropped another 2mg's/day, so I take 8mg's in the a.m., and 6mg's in the p.m. I plan on trying to drop another 2mg's today on my evening dose. Don't get scared about the starting price of getting in. The price usually goes down on dr. visits each month, until you get to a stable price, (mine's $150.00/month after the 3rd month from then on), and the amount of med you will need will usually go down as well, which means cheaper prices. Try going onto a website called "FreeDrugCard.us", and you will get discounts on tons of meds, including Suboxone. Everyone is elegable. No restrictions. I save at least $100.00/month on Sub, and my Klonopin, which would usually cost me around $70.00, ( 180/1mg pills) is $19.14. Not too bad. I'm sure there is more help out there for you if you keep looking.

Post subject: Have faith
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, My name is Queenie. I may not be able to hlp much but if it helps I will tell you understand.

I have been here since July and the people here have been so helpful. I feel we have become great friends and I can come to them anytime and they are there for me in minutes. So, don't leave this forum.

I too am broke, 68 yrs old, on subs because of a opiate addiction to painkillers(Percs, codiene, morphine, dilaudid). I had so many surgeries and an amputation left leg. I hope you will look for my story & read it. It was a big step for me to tell people my personal problems.

Suboxone has been a life saver for me. At first you have to adjust. No big deal just things like learning that taking more than prescribed does nothing. But all in all, it's great. You don't get sick and you really start to feel better.

As far as insurance, I know your concern. Do you have State or city aid where you live? Someplace ou vcan go to find out what help you are entiltled to. Sort of like Human Resources. I know you don't feel well and I definitely know what financial problems will do for you. I am not ashamed to say that right now I have $ 89.00 to my name until the first of the month. I can understand that constant $ sign going around the brain. It's so depressing. But, you know, one day follows another. Just like you wrote to us a few days ago, it's today now and you are alive. Keep trying. Keep pushing and if you are of a certain faith, pray.

I really would like to keep in touch with you to see how it turns out. You can do it! There will be stumbles along the way. There will be days when the money is so short and days when you don't feel too good. But remember, the sun will rise tomorrow and so will you.

I will keep positive thoughts flowing your way. Write to me anytime if you want to vent or ask me something. I hope I can help. I am here all the time. I will answer you.

Love & hope, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

methadophile89 I have only seen a couple of your posts so please forgive me if you've already explained about what I'm going to ask, but where are your parents in all of this? From what I understand you are only 21 and are saying that you are all alone and have no one to help you. What about your parents? Or how about grandparents? Any brothers or sisters? What about aunts or uncles? At such a young age it would be very unique to not have any family members that are still alive. I understand that you may not currently have a strong relationship with some of these members of your family and there certainly could be history - there often is when it comes to drug addiction. However, if there was ever a time that you may have to decide it's time to repair these relationship, this would likely be it. It is not at all typical for parents to turn their back on a child who truly wants to get their life back in order like you clearly seem to want to do.

Perhaps you can talk a little bit more about this aspect of your life since from everything else that you have provided it certainly seems like you are at the point that you need some assistance from family. Hopefully that is still an option for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have a bit of family, but they wouldn't be any help as what few there are need more help than me honestly... There is my granny she pays for my health insurance and what little money she can afford to send me every now and then but that's all she can do and I appreciate every little bit. There's just literally no options for me. Starting today I'm going to attempt to kick cold turkey, no damn wean I'm just stopping 100mg to 0 screw it I'm done with these evil horrible pills it seems like every day my life falls apart a little more at a time because of this addiction and I continue to feel weaker and weaker for being its slave and being able to do nothing. It's over, I'm done with this hopefully I can stick out this withdrawal without giving in to the call of opiates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

methadophile89 wrote:
I have a bit of family, but they wouldn't be any help as what few there are need more help than me honestly... There is my granny she pays for my health insurance and what little money she can afford to send me every now and then but that's all she can do and I appreciate every little bit. There's just literally no options for me. Starting today I'm going to attempt to kick cold turkey, no damn wean I'm just stopping 100mg to 0 screw it I'm done with these evil horrible pills it seems like every day my life falls apart a little more at a time because of this addiction and I continue to feel weaker and weaker for being its slave and being able to do nothing. It's over, I'm done with this hopefully I can stick out this withdrawal without giving in to the call of opiates.

Hi mehadophile89:
There are always options, including in-patient detox. Some facilities (such as Catholic Charities) will even take you in with no insurance of any kind, no payments of any kind, no nothing. All you need is a desire to get clean, which you seem to have. I would urge you to take a deep breath and think about what you're doing, because I think you realize that trying to kick a 100mg per day methadone habit cold turkey is most likely an exercise in futility. At least in a free detox they will help you with some comfort meds and will have some medical staff there to monitor you.....is there any chance you can make some calls around your area to see if there are any detoxes that take people who are indigent or can't pay? You mentioned insurance, maybe you can even get into one that takes your insurance?

Please learn from my our collective experience. Personally, I am 46 years old and I've quit opiates of all kinds many times, cold turkey and even with self-weaning, and always ended up failing at some point.

You clearly have a lot of desire, which is good. Why not capitalize on that desire and keep trying to find a good solution to the problem? Cold turkey? Eh, it might work, but the odds are stacked heavily against you.....

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, man, but I've been there an done that, dozens and dozens of times.....and it's never really worked for me. Nor has it worked for anyone I know. But I HAVE seen some folks get into detoxes, get clean with a little medical assistance and stay clean for a long time. And I know there ARE detoxes out there that take people with no money or very little money......call around. Catholic Charities is a nationwide organization (said the atheist! LOL)

Hope you're ok, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not to sound like a stick in the mud, but there is NO way you can walk from 100mg's of methadone. Ain't gonna happen, unless you get arrested and HAVE to detox that way. I made it 2 days, walking from 21mg's of 'done, before crawling back to the clinic. Sure, everyone's different, but we're talking about an 80mg difference. I've spent 9 years at a methadone clinic, and even the people who got financially detoxed, (5mg's/day, everyday, till there dose is down to zero), couldn't handle it and went back on the street. And there is no amount of "comfort" meds that will help with that. Maybe comfort meds AND a slow detox, but methadone detox is known throughout as THE WORST drug to detox off. Trust me. It took me almost 3 years to get from 125mg's to 21mg's. I switched to Suboxone because I was stuck @ 32mg's of 'done for 6 weeks and I wasn't getting any better. How is your credit? Can you take out a $5,000.00 personal loan to pay for treatment? Tell the bank or credit union it's for bills. They don't need to know the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

your story sounds very simliair to mine. You are lucky though that you hit the point you are at at 21, and not older. i def didnt like na meetings becuase in the town i live in they are usually just addicts looking for hookups. I was very against AA as well and didnt want anything to do with it, i felt like i was living in and obsessing unaturally about my addiction. anyways, i dont know about insurance because mine sucks. however, i know every dr is different and the methadone clinics around here have methadone on hand, however my first day went like this....and it wasnt fun, well the firsst part wasnt.

i went to my induction, hadnt taken anything but a quarter of a perk 30 in the last 12 hours which was nothing for me. I had to work both days so i couldnt be deathly ill. i got to my appt and the dr sat me down and talked to me and i dont know if they do this with everyone just to make sure, but he said i wasnt sick enough. i mean i wasnt in full bloww/d but i felt like ass. anyways i left and went to work sick, halfway through work i freaked and told them i had an emergency and i went to get a half of a thirty, i split that up between the next 20 hours and by the time i went back in the morning i was sicker then i was the day before. anyways, i got there and everything moved fast, the dr wrote me a script, i drove to the pharmacy, they filled it fast, and i got back adn they gave me 1/4 of an 8mg pill (they should do this because they have to monitor an increasing dose every 45 min till they get you where htey want you, they want to make sure you dont have negative side effects), i felt better in 5 min, not 100% but 50%, in 15 min i felt 60%, 45 min later they gave me another quarter and 15 min later i felt 80-90% - they gave me a half before i left so i was at 8mg total and i went to work adn felt amazing. its hard to beleive that something could make me feel that normal , not high but normal. the normal feeling is something tha tmost people have talked about on here. anyways, i think i went off on a tangent but i like details and i like to be walked through things, hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, where do I start?! I feel for you because 1yr ago I was you. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you will be able to succeed in your endeavors while being distracted by the giant monkey on your back. You say you can't afford sub treatment, but the way I look at it is you can't afford not to have it. Ask yourself how much your life is worth? How long do you think you'll be able to keep this up. Your tolerance will keep rising and you will eventually spend more time in withdrawl than being high. Your addiction will eventually consume your money, relationships and time. The amount you are already spending has to be less or at least close to the cost of treatment. Also ask yourself: Why you have this addiction? Are you ready to quit? Suboxone will NOT give you that "HIGH" you get from methadone. It WILL prevent you from getting sick and lowe your cravings. This along with therapy and classes helps raise your chance of staying off other opiates. This will in no way solve your money or school issues. However, you will feel better, regain countless hours spent looking for drugs, maybe save you money, and prevent you from landing in jail from illegal activity.
You find a doctor yét? What problems are you having getting in?