It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi , I'm a new poster but long time reader. It helps as I don't really have anyone to talk to
about this. I'm female closing in on 62nd birthday. Have had pain issues since age 27.
Got off 140 mg oxy per day couple months ago. It was killing me. Been on suboxone and
felt great until I had to go get a new suboxone rx. ( had some left from a previous time).
Dr. in my small town refused to treat me unless I got off the 3 mg Lorazepam my pdoc has
prescribed for me for years. Anyway, I'm very willing to taper off but he only gave me 12 days
to do it which I wasn't able to do. Phoenix is a couple hour drive but very willing to make the
trip if anyone knows of a doctor who would be a little more patient and compassionate.
Thanks so much for any replies, It's scary to think of running out.
In this last month I cut back from 8mg a day to a little over 2 to make them last longer.
Thanks for being here, Rebekah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:36 pm 

Hi Rebekah and welcome to the forum! Yes, many doctors won't prescribe any benzo's if you're taking Suboxone. They are only doing what they were told by the training they received. My 1st doctor was like that. He made me bring in my bottle of xanax and promise not to take anymore. How could I when he was doing random drug testing?

Then I moved one state over to Nevada and found another great doctor who doesn't seem to have any problem giving me a script for some. It is only if you take too much of both that could cause death. As long as I take them responsibly he has no problem. I do know deep down that I have to get off them too. It's an addictive behavior that I've hung onto even though I don't overuse them and never run out.

Sorry that no one could help you find another doctor in Phoenix. Keep looking, it's a large town about as big as mine and I just had to sit and call for a few days until I hit paydirt.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about where I live.

Welcome once again,

rule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:24 pm 

A new place just opened up in Tempe. Isn't that close to Phoenix? You can find the information under "Taking New Patients". It was just posted today.

Amy