It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:02 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I apologigize if this is rodundant. Ive searched several forums I thought relevant. Im new here but not to Suboxone. Ive been in an active program for a year now. This program is now costing me more than I have to give. Ive spent all of my savings this past year towards my recovery. Life has had many changes and im at a loss to navigate the next step. I pay a hefty child support payment on a meager wage. That is neither here nor there because my children are a driving force for me. But I cant even afford food for them at this point. Im scared to death to get lost in chasing drugs on the street again. I attend a weekly clinic $100, script with a coupon card $89. The math doesnt work with my wages etc. Is there a cheaper way? I dont have ins because I pay for this. Im lost, feeling hopeless. I tried talking to a counselor the answer was just quit. They obviously are not an addict. I appreciate any positive feedback or info.....thank-you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Check with the Suboxone Here-To-Help program. They offer free prescriptions of Suboxone based on need. I believe the limit is 2 per doctor.
Good Luck,
Morphing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:46 pm 

Hello CJM,
Sorry your in this spot. Im sure sub has been working well for you.
I think Morphing has given you very good suggestion, its worth a try.
The drug manufacturer does have a free program,but limits it to two per Dr.

The only other thing I can think of is dropping your dosage . As loug as you can stay above 4mgs you should be fine for the most part.
This could save you some money.
Sounds to me though that it is the dr/clinic fee of 100 dollars a week that is making you short .
Any way they could help you there?..I understand thats a loug shot..

It is so hard to read stories of folks doing well with there in lives only to have the very thing helping them the most become harder to afford.
Makes me angry quite frankly. ..
Hang in there C...

Razor. .

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:19 pm 

CJM I'm sorry I missed ur post til just now. I relate to ur situation so much. I absolutely do not think it's fair that this life saving medicine is so expensive for some of us, that we have to be scared to death about not being able to afford it tomorrow. I pay cash for everything also cause I have no insurance. I pay 350 a month plus my medicine. It's as much or more than a house payment. I'm always very thankful because I don't know what my life would be without sub, but if something were to happen to me in the future to where I couldn't pay for it, I'd be facing a horrible situation. I do wish there were a better way. This medication has saved so many lives including mine and I couldn't ever imagine being forced off before I'm ready because of financial reasons. I sympathize with u so very much!

The only thing I can use to save a little money is the coupons from the suboxone website. It's actually a good coupon, is that the one u use? As morphing said also, the here to help program would be wonderful but u have to do that through ur doctors office and there's usually a waiting list but I'd check cause it'd be worth the effort. Do u go to a clinic or just a regular doctors office? If u can find a doctor's office, I'm pretty sure that's cheaper. I've been wanting to switch but it's a lot farther away for me. Maybe check around and see if u can find a Dr that won't charge ya an arm and a leg.

I truly hope things look up for u, it breaks my heart to hear this happening.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello CJM. I am sorry to hear about your struggling. Please, call to our clinic 410-800-4466. I think you will find it more affordable. We have multiple locations through Maryland but we have patients from West Virginia. The closest location would be Waldorf or Leonardtown.