It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I need dosing advice
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today I went to the sub doctor and officially started my journey.I have been on pain meds for about 4 years and have what I call a moderate tolerance. I got my first suboxone film from a friend when I was in w/d a while back and she told me to take half(4mgs.).I got sick as a dog vomitting and had an intense headache. I was taking 30 to 60 mgs of lortab pretty regular but I waited 3 days to take the sub to avoid precipitated withdrawals.after that expirience I was scared to ever try it again.Facing another bout of withdrawal just around the corner and no way to take off any time from my labor intensive 50 hour a week job to kick at home I thought I would give the suboxone another try. Three days before my appointment at the sub doc I scored an 8 mg pill.That night I took 1 mg. and waited about an hour before I took another 1 mg. because I was still having pretty bad leg pain and r.l.s. I slept like a baby and woke up thinking that this is going to work! I felt fine all day until about 4p.m. so by the time I got home that evening I was ready to take another 2mg.
So far so good...The doctor today told me to take as little as possible since it is so expensive but still prescribed me 8mg twice a day. I have no intention of taking that much but I have read post after post of people saying that they dose just once a day. I feel aprehensive about taking 4mgs. in the a.m. and risk feeling sick again. Should I keep up the 2 mgs. twice a day? Is that enough to keep the craving wolf away? Being new to all this I would appreciate some advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First off, I apologize for the fact that you've not received any responses. I'm not sure if you've gotten other replies by now in a different part of the forum or not, but here's my take on your question(s).

The 4 mg you took was way too high a dose for you, considering your low tolerance. And I agree that taking 4 mg again is a bad idea. I'd stick with the 2 mg.

I hope my response isn't too late. Good luck to you, regardless.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:28 pm 

Just like Hat said, you were given way too high of dose the first time. But then you knew that already. Talk to your doctor again and ask for the 2mg films, not the 8mg ones. The 2's are really easy to fold and tear to get a lower dose later on so they may work much better for you. Plus they taste much milder than the 8's.

And like Hat, I too apologize for no one responding to your post. I hope you are still reading our forum and haven't left. Lot's of great information to be found here.

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your responses! I posted in Side Effects too and got a lot of good advice. Tomorrow will be the beginning of my second week on sub and I am doing fine