It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:36 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Need a doctor recommendation to treat heroin addiction for my friend in Washington, DC area

My friend is addicted to heroin and I want to help her to find a doctor and pay for it myself (she has no insurance). She also smokes and drinks a lot. Can you please recommend a doctor in Washington, DC area (or Fairfax County, VA or Rockville, MD)? What is the monthly cost of the treatment? Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Please only post your question once, as it can be confusing when you post the same question in more than one area..

I know you're wanting to get people to see what you've asked, but if you post in more than one area, people may respond to you, and you won't see the answer as expediently as you would if you only asked it once...

I don't live in the DC area, but your best bet is to go to naabt.org and do a search for Suboxone doctors in your area.

The cost usually depends on the area you are in...it fluctuates based on a number of variables...but the average for induction (1st visit) is around (FROM MY EXPERIENCE) $200 on up to $600, or more.

There are cheaper doctors, and obviously there are more expensive. Some take insurance, some don't. You said there's no insurance involved and lots of these doctors will apply the first "Induction" visit toward the 2nd visit...so you basically get two visits for a set price.
Example, my first induction into a methadone clinic on Suboxone treatment was $260. That covered my 2nd week though, because the doctor wanted me to come EVERY week for 2 months, then I could be put on every 2 week appointments...then monthly.

Then you have the cost of the medicine, which ranges anywhere from $6.00 (per Film/pill) up to $10.00 (per film/pill)
The usual dosage just depends on the addiction, doctor, and how addicted the COWS scale shows her to be in withdrawals.

I hope some of this info can help you out.

I deleted the other thread in the "Induction Discussion" area, as this has more to do with "Taking New Patients".

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have...or if you need more resources.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.