It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello forum, this is my first post so bare with me if this topic is dull. I struggled with severe opiate addiction for several years and tried suboxone several times to no avail. I just never felt quite right on it and always seemed to develop a migraine. I didn't know subutex even existed until about a year ago. I was going through withdrawal and a friend of mine gave me a subutex. I broke it in half and found great relief for 2 days! I believe it saved my life. I made an appointment with his doctor and was prescribed subutex. My life has been great since and I truly believe it to be more effective than suboxone. At least for me. Not to mention it is much cheaper. Here is my problem..... I just moved to Texas from Oklahoma and have to find a new doctor. I have found that many doctors here either don't know much (or anything) about subutex, or simply don't prescribe it. I can't believe how many receptionists are confused when I ask if the doctor prescribes subutex or not. I know the difference between the two variations (naloxone) and I also know that many doctors may percieve the abuse risk to be higher with subutex. However, I have known just as many people who abuse suboxone as I do subutex. My fear is that I am not going to be able to find a doctor here who will prescribe me subutex and I have made so much progress I hate to throw a wrench into my recovery right now. I started at 24mg and now I am down to 8mg. I have enough to last me about 10-12 days and them I am in trouble! I am scared to death guys. I failed over and over with suboxone, never felt good and could never stay sober with them. My life is the best it has been since I first discovered opiates. PLEASE HELP! I CAN PROVIDE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS AND/OR PHONE NUMBER FOR SOMEONE TO CONFIDENTIALLY GIVE ME THE NAME OF A DOCTOR NEAR DALLAS. thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just FYI - I moved this from the Misc. section to the "Taking New Patients?" section of the forum.

Good luck finding a new doc!

There are also four online doctor locators: naabt.org, samhsa.gov, suboxone.com, and suboxone-directory.com.
And they do NOT all have the same doctors, so it's worth it to check all four.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.