It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:29 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys iam new to this site and i have a bunch of questions. I will be taking a pre employment drug test soon for a job and iam very very worried. All i take is suboxone and NOTHING else... i have been clean for a year and a half now and only been on suboxone. This job is basically a government job and includes me getting my security clearance soon at one point or another as well while im on the job. I'am going to be working for a private company that is contract based and with the U.S govt. ( my job is basically being a LINGUIST and going overseas and being with the U.S military in the middle east ). Its basically like being a civilian govt employee. Anyways to get to my questions it was : Do you guys think suboxone will come up and show in the drug test ? Do you think bupe will be part of the testing panel for this job ? is it possible it will show up as an opiate because ive heard some say subs are a derivative of THEBAINE ? What type of drug test do you think they give if its for govt employees and what test panel will it be ? Will it be a 10 panel or 12 panel in your opinion ? Ive heard subs show on 12 panels for bupe... and btw iam legally prescribed for subs and when i asked my doc she said it wont show up unless specifically tested for but IDK she seemed really unsure when she said it. If worse comes to worse and they do find subs in the drug test i will show them proof that iam legally prescribed to it and show them the bottle with my info and all but i really hope that doesnt happen because if it does iam basically screwed and they wont hire me because theyll see that iam on suboxone and itll look bad 2 them in their opinion because its used for substance abuse...... can they use that agaisnt me and not hire me if they find out ? sorry guys i know i just asked like 100 questions but im just very worried and nervous and basically cant stop thinking about the situation at all and really need this job... and no i cant go cold turkey and go through withdrawls but if i have to then i guess i will idk ill see. THANKS FOR READING EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AS WELL. sorry for being annoying and typing alot and PLEASE HELP MEE!!!! Any advice and expert opinions who know what there talking about would be really appreciated thanks again guys ! hope to hear from ya =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi,
I know folk's have to fess up for sub positive tests the big mining firms, carry out, and it makes sense that it's the case.
Also Mid-East customs are pretty strict, when it comes to whats going through their borders. Even with thebaine positive tests, they'll take another test after they tell you not to eat certain food's for 48hours. I'm pretty sure they'll be very thorough, not worth the chance of a blacklisting- if you plan to ditch sub later on, Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

From what I've read it sounds like it only shows up on good tests. I don't know anything from experience though. If it's something you are prescribed wouldn't it be discrimination to use that against you? If I was fired from a job for being on Suboxone that I am prescribed I would throw a fit. But with a serious government job I don't know how they handle that.

You could always not take it for 24 hours and depending on your metabolism it might not show up.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In MOST states all workers are considered "employees at will" which means YES they can refuse to hire you and YES they can fire you for being on sub, legally or not. The only thing employers cannot fire you for is stuff that would be considered discriminating. It depends on their take on suboxone, If they consider it "under the influence" or not and alot of other things. In alot of places (you can even read stories in the forum here) if the police pull you over and find anything to do with sub, whether you have it legally or not they will charge and arrest you for a DUI. I know its ridiculous but its unfortunately the sh*t we have to go through. Im not sure what test the gov't will use but im assuming a good one since it's the gov't and all. I just wanted to tell you whether they could refuse to hire you and/or fire you if they know about you using sub 'cause that I do know about. All depends on how they view its use. Good luck though and I wish you the best. Keep us posted on how you're doing and also about the job :)

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*