It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Almost 7 years ago I went thru a 4 year addiction with opiates and kicked it with suboxone, and the taper went smooth. I forgot how long I was on suboxone but I want to say it was only a 6 month or less taper program. Never had a problem stepping down and it was a god-send because I got my life back and started to get high on life once again. I thought I would never be back here in this "HELL".

Fast foward to now ...

My Mom has cancer and was put into a home for care and it depressing me to the max. Coupled with breaking my leg in a car accident, I was forced to take stupid opiates. It slowly went down hill from there.

I have been doing 2-5 30mg Roxys a day since new years and I need to stop this crap once again. Should I get on suboxone for just a month of abuse? I mean I want to taper as fast as possible because I dont want to be on anything anymore longer than I really need and plus I dont want to keep paying for doctors visits if I can just get off as fast as possible.

The place I have lined up charges $200 for the first visit plus Meds for I think is a month block of treatment, but Im unsure.
$100 a week after the first visit.

Also this is all new to me because my Dad back then helped me with my first time on Suboxone when I was younger so I don't know the insurance side of all of this.
I have coverage to cover the Suboxone but it says they need a PA (Prior Authorization). What does this mean and what do I do? If I go the Suboxone route I want it to be as smooth as possible to setup and want to taper quick so I can get off of Suboxone as quickly as I can. Im doing this again on my own cause I dont want to give my Dad anxiety or more stress than he's going thru now. I mean im only using a month but when I stop I get mood swings , crying for no reason , crappy sleep and hot/cold sweats.

How in the hell could I be so weak/stupid to do this again?! What a waste of time , money and life. I need help to find out what is the best action I should take to come off of this crap.

Cold Turkey or the shortest Suboxone taper program I can find?

Thanks for reading though all of this,
Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

helow damian'.and welcome to the forum'. i would not rec- for you to use any other drugs; and only having addiction
for a month i could not say much. but if you had a history of drug or alcolhol abuse then maybe suboxone would be your best bet? Moderators and other members of the forum will be here soon to help you out .and again welcome to the forum/
johnboy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Damian wrote:
Almost 7 years ago I went thru a 4 year addiction with opiates and kicked it with suboxone, and the taper went smooth. I forgot how long I was on suboxone but I want to say it was only a 6 month or less taper program. Never had a problem stepping down and it was a god-send because I got my life back and started to get high on life once again. I thought I would never be back here in this "HELL".

Fast foward to now ...

My Mom has cancer and was put into a home for care and it depressing me to the max. Coupled with breaking my leg in a car accident, I was forced to take stupid opiates. It slowly went down hill from there.

I have been doing 2-5 30mg Roxys a day since new years and I need to stop this crap once again. Should I get on suboxone for just a month of abuse? I mean I want to taper as fast as possible because I dont want to be on anything anymore longer than I really need and plus I dont want to keep paying for doctors visits if I can just get off as fast as possible.

The place I have lined up charges $200 for the first visit plus Meds for I think is a month block of treatment, but Im unsure.
$100 a week after the first visit.

Also this is all new to me because my Dad back then helped me with my first time on Suboxone when I was younger so I don't know the insurance side of all of this.
I have coverage to cover the Suboxone but it says they need a PA (Prior Authorization). What does this mean and what do I do? If I go the Suboxone route I want it to be as smooth as possible to setup and want to taper quick so I can get off of Suboxone as quickly as I can. Im doing this again on my own cause I dont want to give my Dad anxiety or more stress than he's going thru now. I mean im only using a month but when I stop I get mood swings , crying for no reason , crappy sleep and hot/cold sweats.

How in the hell could I be so weak/stupid to do this again?! What a waste of time , money and life. I need help to find out what is the best action I should take to come off of this crap.

Cold Turkey or the shortest Suboxone taper program I can find?

Thanks for reading though all of this,
Damian

Likely you'll have some sort of coverage if you're going to a suboxone doctor (in an OFFICE, not a clinic, like a methadone clinic)
Methadone clinics aren't usually something that insurance will cover, like in the way suboxone can be covered as a regular office visit. Some doctors I can visit will file my insurance like I'm going to a regular Primary Care and saying "I got a cold"...it's a regular $25 co-pay and the rest is picked up by BCBS.

And for the question about a PA, those are VERY easy. You call (or tell) the doctor that your insurance needs a prior authorization. The doctor faxes something to the insurance company, and voila. Nothing to it.

And short Suboxone programs arent always the best option...especially since you've had some history.

In my case, I've been on Suboxone for 4+ years and counting...and i don't plan on getting off of it. I guess, for me, it could be a lifetime thing that i deal with..but as for right now, I'm happy where I am.
Maybe you should look into doing a maintenance dose with Suboxone, like 1 suboxone per day...just enough to have that blockade effect and keep cravings from taking over your life. Sometimes that's all it takes to keep us from falling off the wagon.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My friend says that that I should go cold turkey that only a month abuse of 3-5 30MG Roxys a day is a short term abuse , and that I shouldn't go on Suboxone for that small of a abuse. Based both on the time(1 Month) and dosages ( 90-150 MG ) a days.
Sometimes it was even lower than that per day. He says Suboxone is good for moderate to severe abuse (Length / Dose).

I just sat down to eat and watch super bowl and before that I was feeling anxiety and just basically depressed.
So I took a 1MG Xanax to calm down and to tell you the truth I feel ALOT better. My appetite was better and my outlook on the situation is better too. And yes I know about the dangers about replacing one drug for another, but I was prescribed xanax with my suboxone the first time I used the Suboxone program and it helped alot with anxiety and sleep alot. I will be watching this xanax program like a HAWK !

Do you think I should go cold turkey with the opiates and do a 1 week (Mabey 2) small program of xanax. Taking one 0.5 or 1MG Xanax in AM / PM for week 1

And then if I need a second week do 0.25 or .5 AM / PM? If so where could I explain my situation to someone that would get me low doses of xanax. My coverage covers it and I dont wanna go on the street to get it, either i can get arrested and/or get hammered by the street prices.

I want my life back.

Thanks for your help and replies,
Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Damian wrote:
My friend says that that I should go cold turkey that only a month abuse of 3-5 30MG Roxys a day is a short term abuse , and that I shouldn't go on Suboxone for that small of a abuse. Based both on the time(1 Month) and dosages ( 90-150 MG ) a days.
Sometimes it was even lower than that per day. He says Suboxone is good for moderate to severe abuse (Length / Dose).

I just sat down to eat and watch super bowl and before that I was feeling anxiety and just basically depressed.
So I took a 1MG Xanax to calm down and to tell you the truth I feel ALOT better. My appetite was better and my outlook on the situation is better too. And yes I know about the dangers about replacing one drug for another, but I was prescribed xanax with my suboxone the first time I used the Suboxone program and it helped alot with anxiety and sleep alot. I will be watching this xanax program like a HAWK !

Do you think I should go cold turkey with the opiates and do a 1 week (Mabey 2) small program of xanax. Taking one 0.5 or 1MG Xanax in AM / PM for week 1

And then if I need a second week do 0.25 or .5 AM / PM? If so where could I explain my situation to someone that would get me low doses of xanax. My coverage covers it and I dont wanna go on the street to get it, either i can get arrested and/or get hammered by the street prices.

I want my life back.

Thanks for your help and replies,
Damian

To be honest, I can't condone anything when talking about Xanax. I've seen that drug ruin people to the point of {they can't stop because if they DO, it causes them to have seizures}.

I know my opiate addiction was pretty bad, in fact, I was near suicidal trying to get out of the painkiller habit, but the Xanax thing, to make you actually have seizures, that's bad. And it's VERY easy to get hooked onto Xanax in no time at all. I know people who cant stand the things, but they HAVE to take them, or they'll have SERIOUS health implications if they don't. Not only that, my only experience with Xanax was when I was taking painkillers a few years ago, and i ran out...so I decided to take me a 2mg Xanny..along with my 1 or 2 bud lights. My wife and I were split at the time, and she was living with her parents, about 15 minutes from my house. I remember taking a xanax and drinking a beer with it. Then I woke up standing in the middle of her moms yard at 2am or thereabouts...and the next thing i remember was waking up at home. I totally blanked for the entire time, and only remember being over there, and then waking up at home. I don't remember NOTHING else surrounding that, like driving, talking, etc..but she said I was over there begging her to come home...etc..and she could tell I was spaced out.

I never touched any after that, and I'd much rather replace my opiate addiction with Opiate Replacement Therapy than to replace my opiate addiction with Benzo's..because of the dangers and the bottom line -- you're not treating anything. Self-medicating is what got me to this point to begin with, I thought that I needed to self-medicate myself to deal with life, stress, pain, or whatever else I could find to use as an excuse...

You can say whatever you want to say to justify the means, but that's just you're addict talking and you're doing exactly what I used to do...convincing yourself that YOU are in control...when in fact, you are NOT in control. If you were in complete control, then you wouldn't need anything at all, and you've got to get to the point where you can admit to yourself that you don't have any control over this, or you would've been able to stop without anything at all, or you would've taken the opiates that were prescribed as they were prescribed, not as you wanted to take them.

I know this sounds quite offensive, and I would've taken offense to it if someone had told me that when I was doing opiates, but the bottom line is this -- you're not the one who's making the decisions here. The addict in you is the one making decisions. You're just trying to compensate and justify what the addict tells you that you need to do, and from the outside looking into your situation, I'd say you need to do less self-medicating and more actual treatment.

When I first read the sentence you wrote about "replacing one drug with another", I thought you were going to say that about Suboxone...but you're saying that about Xanax...and I'm sorry, but that isn't the same. To you, it may seem like it helps, but the longer you're taking those benzos, the more your brain is going to tell you that you're doing great with them, and that they are SO much better than opiates, and how wonderful you've done by using them instead of opiates.

And all of that stuff that your brain tells you is just the addict making excuses. Once you totally become submissive to the fact that you can't control addiction, and can only treat it with the proper attitude and ORT, then you're ready. Until then, you're just putting off the inevitable.

That's just my take on things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds to me like you've proven to yourself you can stay off opioids without Suboxone long term. The thing that tipped you back into addiction was being prescribed narcotics for your addiction, no? It's really common for people's recoveries to be tested a LOT when they're prescribed narcotics for legitimate reasons if they have a history of opioid use, even if it was decades ago. I can totally understand if this was the catalyst for your relapse. I agree with the 12-step belief that it is a lot harder for people like us to sensibly control narcotic use than it is to not use them at all, and yours sounds like another example of it.

Given you've stayed off all opioids for years, and the thing that tipped you into addiction was pain-meds for your injury (which doesn't happen that often in life), I don't see why you couldn't do it without Suboxone again. You could either do a Suboxone assisted short-term detox, or it may be even better for you to at least attempt a taper straight off the Roxy's. If you can manage to control your dosing to pull it off, Sub might not even be necessary?

There's also cold turkey, which is a real option if you have a week to spare to kick straight off the Roxy's. There are heaps of threads here about medication to assist with detox. Benzos are effective for short term relief, but it's recommended you have someone else dole them out only when necessary, then throw the rest out at the end of your detox. Most detox clinics give valium for opioid detox, as it's the most effective for muscle aches and cramps.

If the reason you want Suboxone is because you're afraid of the Roxy withdrawals, then don't do it. 7 days of withdrawal is nothing out of your whole life really. If you're worried you won't be able to stay clean long-term, then I'd consider Suboxone. But you've already proven you can do it, haven't you? Next time just play it differently whenever you injure yourself and are offered narco painkillers. Many ex-addicts refuse narcotic painkillers in hospital completely, as the short term pain is nowhere near the pain of relapse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Greetings, I personally would not go suboxone in your situation. Taper as best as you can. Then bite the bullet. I was only using H for 3-4 months and I have been on sub for 8 months trying to get off. it has been difficult as I have been steadily tapering and been slightly ill for most of the taper (since sept 2011) I would gladly have taken a week of hell over months of discomfort. Now it hasnt all been bad. I have had very little cravings and when I did they were managable. It gave me time to get back in the swing of normal life. It helped me with all substance abuse issues. I do not even drink anymore and that itself has been the biggest bonus. So obviously it is your call. Good luck & remember you've got options..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Greetings, I personally would not go suboxone in your situation. Taper as best as you can. Then bite the bullet. I was only using H for 3-4 months and I have been on sub for 8 months trying to get off. it has been difficult as I have been steadily tapering and been slightly ill for most of the taper (since sept 2011) I would gladly have taken a week of hell over months of discomfort. Now it hasnt all been bad. I have had very little cravings and when I did they were managable. It gave me time to get back in the swing of normal life. It helped me with all substance abuse issues. I do not even drink anymore and that itself has been the biggest bonus. So obviously it is your call. Good luck & remember you've got options..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Obviously this is your decision and everyone here has offered something really valuable for you to think about.

Tearjerker brings up an excellent point that you did great for so long on your own so don't discount that. BUT, I also see exactly where Jonathan is coming from. I, too, can hear the addict in your words and you could be at a tender moment in your addiction remission, due to where you are in your life. Don't discount the stress that's going on right now. Ask yourself, could it trigger you again? Will you have more trouble with cravings, now that you went back on and off the roxy's again and with your mom's cancer ongoing?

Think about things like that. Look at your behavior and see how much of it is addict-related behavior and how much isn't. Only YOU know that. Then if you think things might not be as stable as you'd like them to be, then suboxone might be something to think about. There is something to be said for relapse prevention.

I wish you the very best with however you choose to handle this.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank You all!!!

johnboy
I *WILL* slow my intake then cold turkey.

jonathanm1978
Thanks for the PA info and good job with you maintaining your Suboxone and kicking Xanax in the butt :).
Im still thinking about the xanax for AM/PM 1 does each and very small. Thank you for your input and sharing your situation. No offense taking :). We are all here for help and to give help, think nothing of it :). I was just going to use the xanax for the morning "Blues" and then at night to sleep better and no RLS. But I understand there is a risk but I'm done with this and it's either me or the opiates and Im not going to lose. Im just trying to make the withdrawls the less it can be , Mental/Physical. My last time I was on Suboxone 7 years ago they gave me Xanax to help, half way threw my treatment I started to not even need the Xanax and had some left over that I just threw out when I was done. I understand your concern and totally thank you for it. :)

tearj3rker
Yes the reason I want the Suboxone is to have the least WD's as possible. Based on that and your advise I think cold turkey is the option for me. Even though Suboxone was easy for me to come off of, I hate to treat my month usage of opiates with Suboxone and it take longer for me to taper than the month I used.

sweet16
Good job kicking the drinking :)
And yeah I think Ill just pay the piper and go cold turkey. Even though the Suboxone was easy to come off of.

hatmaker510
I should have refused the opiates after accident and will do that if I ever get into that situation again. (God forbid)
I didnt have cravings after I was clean, It only showed it's ugly head when I started on the opiates from the hospital to when I was released. I didnt even abuse the dosage, took it as directed to the "T". Then It slowly became a problem. I *WILL* win this battle and will deal with life's up's and down's the way I should and not with a crutch.

Thank You all ! I just need to get threw this week or two of cold turkey crap and I will be %110 again. I have faith in my self that I will not relapse again. I know I said that the first time 7-8 years ago but the damn accident really screwed me up. Next time it will be Tylenol or what ever non opiate they can give me for the pain if Im ever in that situation again.

I hope you all get better (If your still dealing with this battle) and really want to say "Thanks" from the bottom of me heart. I will post back and let you know how Im doing.

I really think a small dose of Xanax would help me out. 1 does in AM then in PM for sleep/RLS. But im still on the fence.

What *Natural* stuff can I take to lessen my WD's if I decide not to use xanax.
I see this stuff... snake oil?
Cant post but type in "Withdrawal-Ease" in Google.
Withdrawal-Ease dot com

Day time
Energy / stomach / mood swings ( one min Im fine then the next Im not as optimistic about the situation)

Night time
Hot n Cold / Tossing and turning all night with restlessness leg/body
Sleep and restlessness leg thing is driving me crazy.

Thanks again and keep up all of your good work,
DamianJP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Bob Marley has a drink out called Mellow Mood (about $3 each) and it has...
Passion Flower, Hops, Chamomile Flower, Valerian Root, Lemon Balm and Melatonin

It calms me down when I have stress or my brain is racing when Im trying to goto sleep. So I know some herbal stuff works for me, but Iv'e never tried to use it for this situation.

Here is whats in the Withdrawal-Ease from my earlier post....

Withdrawal-Ease Day Time Formulation

Full Ingredient List:

Passion Flower
Lemon Balm
Guar Gum
Pomegranate
Arabic Gum
Elm Bark
Horse Radish Ext. 4:1
Mucuna Prureins Ext. 20%
Echinacea Angustifolia Ext. 4%
Peppermint Leaves
Green Tea Ext. 50%
Panax Ginseng Ext 4%
Anise Seed Powder
Cayenne Pepper
Ginger Ext. 4:1
Tumeric Ext 95%
Vitamin B1 – Thiamine
Vitamin B6 – Pyridoxine HCL
Folate – Folic Acid
Viatamin B12 – Cyanocobalamine
L-Tyrosine
Zinc
Copper
Magnesium (Oxide)
Magnesium (Stearate)

Withdrawal-Ease Night Time Formulation

Full Ingredient List:

Gaba
Melatonin
Milk Thistle Ext.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Reduced Glutathione
Valerian Root Ext. 0.8%
Methionine

Do you think this herbal route is a okay thing for me to take whild WDing?

Withdrawal-Ease
It's $89.95, I hate when they throw the 95 cents in there like your getting a deal. $95.35 with .06 tax.

Mellow Mood
$3 a bottle

Theres alot more ingredients in the Withdrawal-Ease, I know more isn't always better but the Withdrawal-Ease is made for this specific situation. I figure it money well spent if it helps me threw this HELL and to get my life back.

Thank You,
Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The way I can see it, the Withdrawal Ease is something that maybe an ex-addict came up with as a money-making scheme...they know that people will be desperate to try anything when they are in withdrawals..and this is the way it's done...

Personally I doubt there's much that "Withdrawal-Ease" does that you can't find cheaper either online or in an herbal supply store, like Nature Aid or something.

I maybe made the impression that I was on Xanax for an extended period of time...but I would like to straighten that out just for the record..I was not...I only took Xanax once or twice in my life, the last time I did that was when I was drinking alcohol along with it. I had heard people say you shouldn't drink with Xanax, but you know how it goes when you're spaced on opiate painkillers...

As far as time goes, it was probably 5+ years ago or longer when I took a Xanax the last time.

And I wish you the best, or anyone for that matter who can kick their opiate addiction cold turkey without ANY type of ORT at all..I think that's a great quality to exhibit. But for me, opiates are a huge weakness -- although I don't consider myself to be a weak person, I'm very strong-willed and have LOTS of motivation when it comes to things I enjoy or that interest me (like for instance, I'm a self-taught computer repairman. I build computers, I repair computers, I format and re-install the operating system on computers, I install - setup - and troubleshoot both wired and wireless networks, and the ONLY reason that I do that stuff is because it interests me. Did I go to college? NOPE. No college AT ALL in my history. I did lots of reading, lots of hands-on and I learned everything I know because I was "interested" in computers. I wanted to know, because I like computers, so I taught myself. Now, I fix and repair computers for a small business owner here in my local town, and I run an ad in a small local circular advertising my at-home computer repair. Most of the work that I get is because of word-of-mouth, where people tell others how good I am at working on computers, and how fast I am at getting it done.)

I said all of that to say this, even with the skills that I have, and the motivation that I have to do things that I enjoy doing, I could NOT for the life of me, beat this stinking opiate habit. This was the STRONGEST power over me that I've ever had take me, and it LITERALLY consumed me, whole! Now THAT, my friends, is something POWERFUL AS HELL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Jonathan

Cool I'm into the similar stuff with the computers. I also self taught myself to fix(and still learning)Car , Boat and any engine or mechanical stuff. I love to tinker with stuff and find out how stuff works and how to repair it if need be. Plus you save yourself money doing it yourself, totally fun and rewarding. I also 'Dabble in computers too'. I just built my current one I use now and my nephews computer too. Im REALLY good at cable management, when im done everything is tight and nice and neat.

Sorry I didn't mean to mention overcoming the Xanax thing like it was a long habit, but I definitely wanted to give credit where credit is due. Good job on the computer repair stuff, sounds like you really enjoy it. Getting paid to do something you like that much is like cheating the system, a win/win situation ! :)

About the Withdrawal-Ease I hear 2 different stories. Some say rip off/scam others say it's not a silver bullet but it helped them bring down the effects of withdrawal so it's more manageable. Dont forget that everyone's body/mind is different and so is the length and amount of abuse of opiates. What I mean is some people it might help more than others based on lots of different variables. Im not knocking Withdrawal-Ease or talking it up, Im just bouncing around ideas to see others opinions.

Ill check around to see locally if I can get the same stuff (mabey not all of it) cheaper. Im gonna get a "Game" plan and fight this.

This is my plan...

Daytime

It's bad too but I can try and get into something like workout, ride my mountain bike , swiming/snorkeling , fishing and computer. Try to stay active and sweat alot. Mood swings come and go and the cramps from not going to the bathroom regularly I can deal with but still suck. Gotta try to start eating right and drinking alot of water/juices , because when Im on the opiates I don't eat right. Plus if Im going to the bathroom like normal my body is getting rid of all the toxins.

NightTime

This is the worse part for me. Not being able to "recharge" at the end of the day (Especially a Withdrawal day) is bad to say the least. If I can get some hours of sleep to regroup for the next day I think alot of my "battle" is won.
Hot/Cold sweats , Restlessness in the legs and body , mind racing is a hell of a combo. I need sleep !

I need to get some natural supplements to ease both but the night time area is critical like I said. Mabey someone who is good with supplements or has used them in the past to help them through withdrawals can chime in. I know in the night time formula theres valerian root and melatonin that mellows me out, but Iv'e never tried it when WDing.

Let me know if you think this is a good plan using natural stuff. Im off to do more research and get ready for the "final push".

EDIT EDIT EDIT

I just looked up each item on the Night time formula on GNC and the cheapest of each item came out to around $100. Granted I might not need every item on the night time list so the Valerian and melatonin is going to run $30-$35 by them self. So if I go the herbal route the Withdrawal-Ease seems to be a good price. Plus I would be getting the daytime formula too. I know Im still going to feel like crap but if it makes it manageable in my mind the $90 is totally worth it if it gets me through the rollercoaster.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Sorry for the long and many posts, but once again Thank You !!!
Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my experience, you don't need to fork out all this money for specialist withdrawal concoctions.

To relieve your symptoms at night, I'd consider taking a small dose of Xanax. Do it ..only.. at night, that way you won't increase your tolerance as much, and it will more of an effect at easing the anxiety when you need it most. It's main use should be to help you sleep, and that's all IMO. As your withdrawals start to ease, I'd then taper your Xanax accordingly so you're off it completely when your detox is over.

Also Ibuprofen helps a lot for muscle aches (is it called Advil in the US).. Take some before bed. If it wears off before you sleep, take a couple more. I found they'd give relief of the aches for an hour or so.

Clonidine also provides a degree of relief, especially for the hot/cold sweats and aches. Prescription only

Maxilon is great for nausea and stomach cramps, if your withdrawals get to that stage. Prescription only.

Valium is better than Xanax as a withdrawal medication, as it eases aches and cramps more than other benzos.

Magnesium supplements are really good for the aches too, and cheap. If you can't see a doctor, I'd go the ibuprofen, Mangesium, Xanax route. It's an old "home remedy" that Tonic Water can assist as well, because the quinine apparently can help restless legs. If you down them all with a bottle of tonic water, it can't hurt really, and may help. And plenty of fluids!

Have a warm bath before bed too, and a glass of warm milk with honey :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

damion". you lived your good tapper with no problems. why ask for some thing other than the one you did so well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes the Suboxone tapper went smooth, I forgot how long I was on it. I think 6 months or less mabey. I still had "Mild" symptoms but no were near the WDs by them selfs.

The place I had lined up for a Suboxone program charged $200 for the visit, but I belive its for a month treament/meds too. Im just worried that the doctor is more worried about the money and not my well being and is not going to try and tapper me as quick as possible. So I have to keep paying Dr's fees.

Im trying to start as soon as possible to, I have a window of opportunity to get this done and can't afford to look around at all the Suboxone treatment places around me.

Is it possible to come up with my own 'quick' tapper program and use the Suboxone for just a week or two so I get the least withdrawals?

I still like the all natural plan Iv'e got, but your right I know that Suboxone will work for me and I dont have trouble coming off of it.

Man my head is spinning from all of this. Iv'e got to pick a plan and execute it.

Thanks,
Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think tearj3rker has the right idea. Not to use Suboxone for only the withdrawals. Yes I am fearful of them and to be honest the last couple times of using is to "hide" from them and buy me sometime before I get a plan. I have a plan now so it's time to rock and roll.

Im soooo over the craving/high part of the drug. I want to wake up and greet the day with a smile and not a monkey on my back. I want to go fishing and do other stuff I like to do and enjoy life. I dont need Suboxone or anything to keep me off of it, Ive got that part of it locked down %110. I just need to get threw the withdrawals.

Only reason I was thinking of Suboxone was because I know it helps with the withdrawals. So I think the Suboxone isnt right for this situation. I just need to get threw a week or two.

I think I shall start cold turkey and try to ease my self threw with natural supplements and quite possibly a *SMALL* dose of Xanax at night time for sleep/RLS , and like tearj3rker said as soon as it gets better, I shall lower/stop Xanax all togethger.

Wish me luck, and how long do you think these withdrawals should last for doing 3-5 30MG Roxys a day for 1 month?

Thanks,
Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry for no posts but I thought I needed to share my progress and decision(s) Iv'e made. I feel like I let some of you(and myself) down that posted about trying not to use Suboxone for my situation and such but everyone is different and based on my previous success with Suboxone im ready to kick A$$ and take names again. :twisted:

Been a rough 3 days ( 2 and change). I tried Cold Turkey/Herbal route and it didn't work I hate to admit it. I guess Im "weak" when It comes to withdrawals. I *HATE* to admit defeat on that part of the fight. But Im locked-n-loaded with my old Doc that first got me off of my old habit 7-8 years ago with Suboxone. He is truly a awesome person and I have %110 confidence that me and him (Suboxone too) will defeat this *Devil* in disguise. See at first I never knew Suboxone was an opiate, I just knew it worked and followed his orders %100 and reported anything he asked or I thought he needed to know. This time around I know Suboxone is a opiate and can be addictive and people getting hooked on Suboxone and didn't want that. So I told him my feelings and he said he respected that alot but I needed to trust him once again and put my faith in his hands. He said "You did such a good job last time why would you ever second guess it"? Also what blew me away is he had a heart transplant in the meantime and came back to work doing what he loves. He's about 30min drive away from me and It being Florida I have tons of Docs all around me 10x closer but I knew he isn't money hungry and cares about people and their addictions. What better people to have in your corner than that?

My friend Justin put it so simple and the way he said it made really hit home for some reason and had a calming affect on me at the time. He said "Dude it's just like the cigarette patches my Mom used, you ween off little by little and at the end yeah it might suck for a couple of days but then your free"." Don't over think the situation and make a mountain out of a mole hill". I know it might seem alittle corny but he is %100 right and the way he said it was inspiring in a way.

Today was my first dose of Suboxone (Tablet) . Currently Im on a 16MG a day program for the first 2 weeks then the first taper starts. Hopefully to a 8MG or lower day based on how I feel and what I report to him :). Everything went smooth and like it did before, no complications or side effects. Have abit of a headache but I'll take that any day of the week. Heres my first question , can I take asprin and/or a multi vitamin with Suboxone? I need to start to rebuild my body/mind of the month and a half of pure hell I put them threw.Time to start with eating right , juices and working out again !!! I also forgot how annoying the Tablets can be, they didn't have the film when I used Suboxone in the past. I might have to check that out. Gotta keep em in the right Temp , make em stay under your tongue and the lemon-lime saliva that I swallow while Im waiting for the "Tab" to dissolve is crap. I guess it's a small price to pay for "playing".

Well Im out for now and Thank You all for your help/guidance. All invaluable to me and hopefully others who read this tread and are in the same "boat". I will do my best to report back with my program/progress. And sorry if I ramble, I tried to keep it neat and easy to read.

Thanks again,
Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wow

16 mg really? that seems a bit excessive.. for 90-150mg/daily of roxy...

you'd think 8mg would do it real easy...

edit: i forgot to mention last time i took too much sub(i was at 1mg, took 4mg) and got a bad headache a bit after dosing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

604 wrote:
wow

16 mg really? that seems a bit excessive.. for 90-150mg/daily of roxy...

you'd think 8mg would do it real easy...

edit: i forgot to mention last time i took too much sub(i was at 1mg, took 4mg) and got a bad headache a bit after dosing..

I'm sure the doctor is just making sure that all the receptors are covered..it's not uncommon for that. Most doctors would rather give TOO much suboxone, than to not give enough. If you don't give someone with addiction enough medicine to curb the withdrawals, that's when people start using/mixing and stop suboxone and go back to the old stuff..and nobody wants that. So while less is better, more is safer. Then the person can decide if it's took much or if they need less..and dose accordingly.