It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I have been clean for several months now and have alredy seen how much it has changed my life for the better. The only problem is, I do not have a prescription. So my question is when I make an appointment and go to the doctor can I just be honest with them? Tell them I have been getting it illegaly and been on it several months, but want to do it the right way and have a prescription. or do i need to start using my old drug again first? I really don't want to have to go back to using my old drug, and I definetley won't be able to get Suboxone more without a prescription, so i hope I can just be honest with the doctor and the doctor won't tell me, "sorry, you got it illegaly so i won't give it to you."

Please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:09 pm 
FIRST QUESTION: ARE YOU TAKING ANY OPIATES RIGHT NOW??? (Pain Killers, Herioin) If you have been clean for a few months now, I dont think you need Suboxone. Suboxone is to treat opiate addicts. Not all doctors can subscribe suboxone. Sometimes its hard to find a certified doctor because they can only have up to 100 suboxone patients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 pm 
GetErDone5 wrote:
FIRST QUESTION: ARE YOU TAKING ANY OPIATES RIGHT NOW??? (Pain Killers, Herioin) If you have been clean for a few months now, I dont think you need Suboxone. Suboxone is to treat opiate addicts. Not all doctors can subscribe suboxone. Sometimes its hard to find a certified doctor because they can only have up to 100 suboxone patients.

GetErDone, if you read the OP you will find the answer to this question..did you post this on purpose?

Honestly, OP, I'd lie. I would not risk the doc thinking of you as too much of a liability, or coming up with some bullshit reason why he won't prescribe to you. I'd try my best to come in looking like everyone else, testing + for your DOC. I say this bc I'm assuming you don't have enough $ to go from doctor to doctor till you find one who agrees to treat you. It is better to stay under the radar.

Unfortunately, until we are 100% off opiates, we gotta play their game.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yes, of course I am addicted to opiates== the reason I am taking Suboxone. For the past 4 years, I have taken anything I can get my hands on, methadone, oxycontin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. If i don't take it, i feel very sick and have withdrawals. And, I have already found a potential doctor accepting new patients.

So your telling me, that because I am already taking it for a little while, I have to lie, and then go back to taking my DOC for a while just so the doctor doesn't think im already on suboxone. that doesn't make any sense..wow. I really don't want to go take my DOC. I have been clean for a little while now. I can't believe a doctor would say no just because I am already taking it. I would think they would applaud me for coming in and getting my own prescription.

Anybody else been in a similar situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I dont think it means you need to go back to your drug oc.....or any other opiates...

You could say, youve been trying to stay clean, on your own, and lets say the day of your appointment, say you havent taken anything in 5 days or something. and explain its really hard to go from taking (huge number) of (doc) to absolutely nothing, and thats why your failing at it....

I never took a u/a when I went to induction. but all docs are different.

doctors are pretty wierd about the whole 'buying off the street' thing for some reason.
I mentioned at my induction, that I took suboxone once, one tab, and it took my w/d away and my doc got totally wierded out about it.

so its really up to you. some docs may not have a problem with it at all, others might refuse treatment. its just so hard to tell.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: yes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 pm 
bikerman wrote:
Yes, of course I am addicted to opiates== the reason I am taking Suboxone. For the past 4 years, I have taken anything I can get my hands on, methadone, oxycontin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. If i don't take it, i feel very sick and have withdrawals. And, I have already found a potential doctor accepting new patients.

So your telling me, that because I am already taking it for a little while, I have to lie, and then go back to taking my DOC for a while just so the doctor doesn't think im already on suboxone. that doesn't make any sense..wow. I really don't want to go take my DOC. I have been clean for a little while now. I can't believe a doctor would say no just because I am already taking it. I would think they would applaud me for coming in and getting my own prescription.

Anybody else been in a similar situation?

It could work. It could also blow up in your face and then you'll need to find another doctor. Can you afford the risk? If you can, tell the truth..it's easiest for the doctor to help you if he knows what's up.

However, we know that this would NOT work with any other drug, and many doctors look at addicts and all they see is liability. Its not fair, it's not fun, but it happens.

Personally, the clinic I went to when I inducted on Sub required a dirty u/a, but some people on here didn't have that experience.

It may not be right, I just told you what I would do, bc I wouldn't have the $$ for a do-over. I'm glad I'm
not in your shoes at the moment, but I wish you luck all the same.