It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: i need advice
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello everyone,

ok so im new here, but ive been looking around for awhile and from what I have read this forum seems like a great plece to get support and advice or just vent, which is why i joined. i have been using suboxone for about 2 yeard now. not prescribed, i get mine from friends who get more than they need. My normal dose is between 2-4mg a day, although ive been on 2 for the past week because my friend is unable to supply me at the moment and i am down to my last sub. i would like to quit, but i would rather taper down than just jump off. However that isnt an option right now because im going to run out in a few days. After friday i have 4 days off work, so if i have to quit i guess that will be the time to do it. i cant be in horrible wd at work as i work at a resturaunt and have to be alert and friendly with customers. I dont think 4 days will be enough time to be straight for work, so iam hoping i can at least lower my tolorance during the 4 days and if i can get morw jump back on at 1 mg. And the repeat the process everytime i have a few days off work. wd for a few days to lower my tolorance and then jump back on at a lower doseuntil rhe wd becomes bearable at wor. I do really want to be done with this stuff, that is my end goal, but i need to do it without losing my job. If anyone has any suggestions or advice i would greatly appreciat it, and im open to any ideas. I have just about everything from the thomas recipe and am trying to excercise. I really need to get rid of this habit once amd for all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:33 am 

So, were you addicted to a different opiate before you started sub or is sub your drug of choice? I think that if I were you, I would stop taking sub as of tomorrow. The first couple of days aren't going to be too bad. I think you could work through Thursday and Friday, then you have your 4 days off to be feeling bad when your symptoms are worse. Then when you have to go back to work, take a small piece of sub right before you have to work.

Does that make sense? I think that trying to time the peak of your withdrawal during your days off is the smartest way to handle it. Then you still have a little sub to take the edge back off when you go back to work.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi amy, thank you for replying. yes i was addicted to other opiates before i started taking sub. I started using recreationally, things like hydros or percs, and than gradually started using higher doses and stronger medication, i tried to quit when i realized i had a problem but could never make it through wd.i continued using for 2 more years and then i found suboxone. i do think the sub has helped, def in many ways. without it my addiction woulf have probably gottwn worse, so i am thankfull i found it. Im ready to move on from this chapter in my life. i wish i would have seen your advice last night as ive already taken my dose. i suppose i could skip my last piece of sub i saved and try and make it throufh the next five days w/o and have the last 2mg fir when i return to work split up into smaller doses. I just hope i can make it through work. i know sub wd dosent start right away but i was taking between 2 and 4 for awhile and now that ive just been taking 2 religiously i start to experience mild wd in the mornings. if i could get more sub i would like to atabilize at 2 and then continue with a proper taper. But if i cant i think your idea is prob my best bet. so well see how it goes and ya never know maybe the worst will be over in the next 5 days. again thank you for reading my post and replying to me. sry for typos or grammer, im on my phone and on break so this is kinda rushed.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ya know what ive been thinking about your idea all day, and honestly i dont think i will have the restraint to not take that last piece tomorrow morning. When i run out i will try my hardest to not use other opiates ive been trying to mentally prepare myself. I would just go to a sub doc but i dont have insurance, and even if i could afford to pay outta pocket, everyone i know on sub says you have to go through some sort of inpatient program or detox. i dont really understand it. it sounds complicated. Ive kept my addiction pretty private and would like to keep it that way. im at a loss i dont know what to do. i guess ill have to ride it out until i can stock up on more and really commit to a proper taper.

Post subject: Sub
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Suboxone has such a long half-life that 4 days will just be getting started. This is what I have read and what I experienced myself. In re: getting Suboxone yourself, I haven't heard of any place that makes you go inpatient or detox before starting Suboxone. In fact, if you test negative for opiates, you are not a candidate for Sub. Maybe these people you heard about were also on Benzo's. Most MD's say Sub and Benzo's shouldn't be mixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for the answer. maybe i misunderstood, and really going to inpatient is jist one of the ways to get started on sub. I want to see a doc, but it sounds like the price out of pocket is really high. ive heard anywhere from 125-300+ for just visits and then theres the prescription cost. maybe theres hwlp for uninsured patients? So do you just schedual an appt with any doc accepting new patients. One thing that is kinda good about the way i het subs is that i was never put on a very high dose. i take between 2 and 4mg (2 usually when im running low). But the downfall is there are some times i cannot obtain more subs so i have to use regular opiates to get me through a few days. i know the wd is not supposed to kick in for awhile but i havent been able to last more than 2 days as of yet. Maybe im a big baby when it comes to wd, but i dont take it verg well. maybe if i had the right meds to help me. ive heard neurontin can help alot. i think i need to taper down to crumbs so i can step off, as they say.