It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Need advice
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hey everyone, I just joined the board bc it seems the most legit. I'm not going to name any names bc I don't know the in and out here yet. I'm 31 and I live in Savannah ga.

10 years ago I was a raging alcoholic, garage can junkie. since very young age. after many forced rehab attempt I finally made my mind up, checked in and never looked back. a big part of this is due to subs. I was on subutex long term for pain man after seeing how well it worked. I had no blips no problems this entire time. about 2 years ago I started taking adderall again which helps me function tremendously. some may argue that was not the best idea, but it worked for me. any way, I continued to openly urine dirty for over 2 years, when ouT of nowhere his wife called and discharge me on the day of my appointment. . we all know about these damn appointments. I had no meds left bc the previous month they had to wait 5 weeks on 4 week dose. so let me recap. 10 years subutex discharge wi th no warning. .. I have 2 kids can't be doing this cold turkey. I feel I have Def blame here but in my defense he never in 10 years ever had a single issue. 15k $ I have him. he said Dea was doing audit and I had the dirty urine.. had he called me in and gave me a taper I wouldn't be writing this. savannah ga watch out.

is there any thing I can do? this can't be aloud. this jeopardizes everything. all to cover his ass. this has left me with a very bad taste. I have plenty of resources, I just want to know if this is normal ? my jaw hit the floor when he told me this. thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Need advice
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:44 pm 

Hi 9lives and welcome to the forum. Sorry that no one got back to you earlier, sometimes posts get lost right from the start if not answered right away.

I am a little confused on why they would discharge you. You said you started taking Adderall 2 years ago because it helps. Where did you get it, and why didn't you just ask your doctor to prescribe it to you? I know that drug is abused but isn't it mostly used to help level out a persons ADD?

If and when you can find another Sub doctor, tell them you need the Adderall. Will your old doctor listen to your story or not?

Either way, welcome here and I hope it works out for you.

rule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi & Welcome to the forum. I am a bit confused. Do you have a valid prescription for the adderal? Has the doc every asked you about it? It seems to me some sub doc's are making their own rules.

IMO, i would find a new sub doc quickly. Then i would start looking up the rules in your state regarding "discharging a patient". I have been in the medical field for a long time and we had to send a return receipt letter to the patient, give them a few names of other docs like them and 30 days of all meds "they" prescribed.

You may want to PM a member "dohn" or "donh" he seems to be very knowledgeable in situations like this.

So sorry to hear you got screwed like this

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:14 pm 

I actually started to write a post in response, but I got a little discouraged when I researched the answer. Unfortunately, if they caught you taking an drug without a prescription, then they can immediately discharge you as a patient. Compliance with DEA regulations IS a big deal to doctors. If they don't dot their "I"s and cross their "T"s, they can lose their license to prescribe. Even if you are their most ideal patient in every other way, why would they stick their necks out for you when it could impact 99 other complying patients?

It's not that I don't feel for you, because I do. When you started with this doctor you signed a contract. There could be a clause that says that he would need to write you one last month's worth of meds if he were ending the contract, but the dirty urine would always be a deal breaker.

I'm so sorry you have to start over again, but it seems that is the best thing for you to do. I hope you can find a new doctor quickly!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone sorry it took so long, I've been sweating this out. as much as u love subutex it's not worth being his bitch.. I'll live.

I do have adderall perscription.
it was from a different doc, my family doc.
he never said one single thing about it for 2 years, thus I assume it was ok.
it was only a problem when dea got involved.

he never gave me one single warning.. not one word.. that's why I'm so shocked. I thought hed be decent enough to give me a taper dose.. I wouldn't have said a word then.. this is dangerous man, had I been 10 years younger I would've went off the deep end. I also saw him 10 years every single month.. no refills. I lined his pocket and he straight screwed me in the end. makes my blood boil. if any doctors read this, grow some balls. don't do what this guy did. tell them what's up and do the right thing. had he done this I would've had no problem. I'm a grown man, I know how it works. I even understand if he had to let me go. but this discharge , the day of non sence isn't right. I didn't have one pill left. 10 years 16 MG a day.