It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Razor! Did you jump from sixteen to eight or did you taper to eight? I want to get to that dose .

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know you didn't ask me but for me there would be no need to do a real taper to get from 16 to 8mgs. You may want to ease your way into it instead of just jumping right down to 8mgs but theres no need to drop by little .5-1mg increments like when you get below 4mgs. Before my doctor gave me generic bupe when I started I was put on 16mgs of brand name suboxone. I had no insurance and it was all cash out of pocket and I remember when I was written my first rx for a month and I called hte pharmacy and it was just under 800$ freaking dollars for one month! I about fainted and because I had no choice (couldnt afford even half of that and frankly I would never of paid that much even if I could of afforded it) I immediately went from 16mgs straight to 4mgs no easing into it or anything and I can say I felt almost ZERO difference in how I felt. I just made sure to maximize how much got absorbed and it was really very simple and I went through nothing painful, so I assuming the same would be true for you dropping down to 8mgs. As long as you are thorough when you dose and make sure to get all of you shouldn't run into any issues.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 pm 

Hey Pugmom,

Yes on a monday I took my last 16 mg dose, and on Tuesday started taking 8mgs a day. Felt better and didnt feel any WD or have a problem at all.

I pay cash, so I also was having money issuse as well.

No tappering justcdid it...

Learned all of this here on forum but also reading dr junigs blog..

so....try it....razor...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mizzme I'm glad to read everything worked out and your dr allowed a few strips to hold you through. I am glad everything worked out for you!

Snake

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:51 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Not trying to complicate things but there's craving as in wanting some amount of euphoria , or just craving to not feel like shit .... Craving to have a little more energy, craving to manage a house and a family like before when actively taking pills . It's probably a good thing to strive get by at 16 mg a day anyway, please try and make this a positive goal , you may have to force yourself to be happy for a while, the fake it till you make it mantality ... I've been on 2 mg of Suboxone for at least 5 yrs now, and I take my last .5 mg under my tongue when I go to bed , can't sleep without it , ..... Please realize there are going to be a few rough patches adjusting to this new lifestyle , by rough I mean feeling shitty.... I sure seems like your Dr wants to work with you, now you work with him , Good Luck, Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thank you Razor! Hey Buprecision, I've tried every crazy idea to get max absorption. What Do you do?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:43 pm 

Pugmommy,

I understand you wanting to get the most out of your dose but my opinion has always been to follow the directions. The only time I don't follow them exactly is when I get a mouth sore and then I put it between my upper teeth and gum. Then it melts really slowly because of the lack of saliva up there. You might want to try that method.

If you feel your dose isn't doing what it's supposed to do, ask your doctor to prescribe a little more. Yes, I understand people who pay cash and want to make it last longer, etc. It's just when I read about someone putting it up their bum so they feel it more, well, that to me is addict behavior. Not always of course. There is always some small group that doesn't fit in that statement. Only the person taking it can answer that question.

Do a search query about this question and you'll get a lot of posts from the past. We've talked about it a lot.

Hope you're doing okay,

rule

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

pugmommy wrote:
Thank you Razor! Hey Buprecision, I've tried every crazy idea to get max absorption. What Do you do?

I tried every which way imaginable over the years too and the only way to truly get the most out of your dose is to use mouthwash before you dose and do liquid dosing with an oral syringe. I dose 1.5 mgs at a time (once in the morning and at night) so I just take my 1.5 mg dose, drop it into a shot glass. Then I suck up about just over half a mL of water and squirt it over the sub in the shot glass and let it sit for a minute or two and then I will stir it all around with a toothpick to dissolve it and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then suck it up into the oral syringe.

Then I'll spit and dab under my tongue with a paper towel so its completely dry and while looking in the mirror drip the solution from the oral syringe all around under my tongue and then I just hold it there with out swishing it around or moving my tongue at all for 30 minutes (Id give it at least 15-20 minutes if you don't want to wait that long) and it works flawlessly. When its already in a liquid state like that and dissolved it starts absorbing as soon as you drip it under your tongue unlike the pills or strips which don't even start absorbing at all until you've completely broken them down and as we all know most of the time your mouth is already full of saliva sometimes before they strip/pill has even fully dissolved so its washing all the bupe away before its even gotten a minute to penetrate through your mucous membranes.

The reason our mouths fill up is from the actual pill/strip sitting there and having to push it around with your tongue to dissolve, with liquid dosing since theres nothing but water sitting there and its already dissolved and you don't have to move your tongue around to dissolve it your mouth doesn't fill with saliva sometimes for as long as 20 minutes or more. When I dose this way once I swallow it the solution is not bitter at all but when I did it the other way I would still taste that strong bitter taste even after 30 minutes of holding it there meaning most likely a lot of the bupe is not gettng absorbed and is just getting washed away. Give it a try I will pretty much guarantee you won't go back to the old way once you get it down and see how much more effective it is.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks Buprecision! I did exactly what you told me but I noticed once I drop the solution it adsorbs right away. No solution hanging around at all

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah thats my favorite part about it, way less of a hassle and you honestly don't even have to deal with much if any of that nasty taste. Once in awhile when I have to dose in my car or on the go I have to skip doing it this way and just toss the pill under my tongue and it always seems really ineffective/wasteful to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Rule! Thanks for replying too. I said I've tried everything but I would never snort or plug lol.I do have insurance but I have to pay 25%. I Do crave all day which is why I was looking for absorption. Thank you for your kindness, hope your doin well.