It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started Suboxone on Monday of last week. Today was my 8th day clean from Vicodin. This morning I got my period and had SEVERE cramps! I have endometriosis (cysts on my ovaries that give off HORRIBLE CRAMPS). This is what lead me to addiction of opiates in the first place. I called my SUB doctor today and he told me to call my obgyn...both offered little help. (Take advil, heating pad, drink hot tea, etc.) 3 hours ago I relapsed and took 2 Vicodin on top of the Suboxone I took this morning (20mgs) I would do ANYTHING to stop the pain. But it didn't work. I am still in great pain.
I am glad the Vic didn't work because I would be back on the junkie highway in no time. I truely know now that I am over opiate addiction. I have had endometriosis for about 10 years. Every time I got cramps, my doc would phone in a script for 10 vic's. For 6 years I never took the pills w/o getting cramps. Then 4 years ago addiction hit me. Over the years it got worse and worse to the point where I was taking more than 10 a day. But can anyone give any advice on what I can do now? I am in horrible pain. It usually goes away in 24-36 hours, but I'm just not use to the pain. Should I take more Sub.? It's now 3:30p and I have taken 20mgs of Sub since 6am. From what I can tell, taking the Vicodin did NOTHING for me or the pain. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think that taking more Suboxone is going to help your pain. It does have some analgesic effect but after 20mgs it's not going to get any stronger. If you're still in pain tomorrow you could try taking smaller doses of the suboxone every few hours to see if that helps at all.

I don't have endometriosis, but I do have oviarian cysts that hurt like holy hell. My doctor has given me shots of toradol, which is a very strong anti-inflammatory & is non-narcotic and that helped a lot. Maybe you could ask for that?

Taking vicodin after taking Sub isn't going to help because the Suboxone holds to your opiate receptors much more strongly - so the vicodin doesn't even have a chance to get in there and work. You're going to need some other type of pain relief or treatment. Sometimes hormone therapy can help.

I'm sorry you're hurting so much. I hope you're able to find a solution soon.

-Jack Kornfield