It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I need advice pls!!
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi im new to this so bear with me. Im 32 and have been addicted to opiates for 10 years. Ive been to in-patient (30 days) and out-patient multiple times and never able to stop. Ive been on suboxone for 16 months. 1 year at 8mg/3times day. and last 6 months at 2mg/2 times day. i was planing a long slow taper but due to my job finding out im on it (im a paid firefighter) they now want me off of it or i could lose my job. im not allowed to work till im off of it. so i jumped off at 4mg day. last dose was sunday 4/27/14 today is friday 5/2/14. 5 days no sub and i dont feel to bad just sweats, chills, cold/hot and extreamly tierd and no energy. i still have a appitight and iam sleeping good thru the night. my doc has given me clonodine and visteral to help. in the past when stopping using drugs ive had horribale w/ds. i feel good mentaly. just nerved up. just want to know if iam a sitting duck and gonna get my butt handed to me or what??

Post subject: Re: I need advice pls!!
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:40 pm 

That totally sucks AC3! How did your work find out, a drug test after employment? Your medical history is supposed to be private but that doesn't help you now.

Who knows how bad the w/d's will be. Some don't have a bad time, and others go through a lot. One way or another, you will get through it. It just would have been better if you had the time to taper properly. Not being able to work and get paid is reason enough to jump at 4 mg's. I would probably do the same.

Make sure you have some comfort meds to help you through this. If you don't know off hand what they are, say so and I'll dig up the list.

Welcome to the forum!

rule

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Must be tough jumping at 4mg! I am down to 1mg and scared to jump, but hearing you are doing ok is encouraging. I am curious as to what the "comfort meds" are???

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea I've been lucky so far. I'm taking clonidine, vistaril, flexural. They seem to be helping.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ac3 I am new too! So new that I was reading posts from years ago and finally decided to post. I feel like I caught a little glimpse of fate when I read your post. I just wrote a long reply and somehow I deleted it. I am kinda glad I did bc it started with you in mind and then it was more about me...

I jumped off from 4mgs this past Thursday and today got so bad that I had to take .25... I'm Under the gun as well. I am soon to be in the army national guard and well even though sub is not tested for... (At least that's what most posts say) I need to be 100% and I don't and want to go through training while detoxing. I'm prior service so it's straight to AIT. (See how quickly I start writing about I)
Anyhow, what I wanted to tell you was that based on all the posts I have read that it seems like no jump is ever the same. I've jumped off a few times and every time it was different. Your wds seem good... And if you have people that can help you then you should be fine.

But, if it's starts to get crazy then take .25 or half of that...then jump off which it should be a lot easier than from how we did it. And btw way I mentioned fate because a I just put in an application to become a firefighter! Please, continue to post I am curious to see how you handle it. I have more wiggle room with respect to time. But, I want to end sub so bad for my kids and wife. If it wasn't for them goodness knows where or how deep I would be into other stuff. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

soon2bnga
I hear you bro, im prior mil. too. Today is day 8 and not doing to bad just extream lack of energy and restless ness. a little stomach trouble but if this is as bad as it gets im one lucky addict. I dont belive the mil. test but i agree with u about not wanting to kick while in training. Im also lucky to have a asupportive wife and a 2 month old to help me get thru this. so god bless and god willing i will make it thru and put this shit in the rearview and get on with my life. but the support meds deff help. i would ask your doc and they should perscribe them to you. gd luck

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:32 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I am glad thing are working out for you. I think a lot of this is mind over matter but its different. Its physical/mind stuff if that make no sense. Ex: sick not feeling well, begin 1-4 drop day, no energy have to go out with family, end up ok, not feeling to bad or as bad as I was feelling at that moment that in my mind would carry on thru the night. feeling good with not much to take up my mind stable on dose, feel sick no reason. Some have very little if any problems at all / some have major but not life threatening problems: point: STAY BUSY if you can!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey I tried kratom today and it really did help take alot of the edge off. I took 2 liquid bottles that were 9 grams each of King kratom. And I be the first to say I've read about the stuff for years and thought it was bullshit. But it gave me no high but made me feel as close to normal as I've been. And I took no other mess today. It cost me $30 for both and was well worth it.
I just cut the grass and I'm going out for ice cream with the wife and kid. 5 hours ago I didn't want to walk 10 feet cause I was tired and in pain. I would never belive it if I didn't try it. Can't hurt compared with what I've put in my body!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow- that sounds great!

I feel like part of the deal for me is to avoid doctors. But, I am not sure I will be able to.

I keep trying hard to not go back. I figured I do .125 eod but I cracked and did .125 x3 yesterday.

Going to do .125 x 2 today and through Thursday. Then over the weekend shut it down for good.

I have meps next week so I am using it as a goal.

More than half my good friends are firefighters and I wish I could work with them. I took the money road years ago and now looking back I realize that I'll never be successful In something my heart is not into. I rather be working on a farm and working harder than humanly possible than to be selling anything. I just want to help and protect and feel purposeful. Maybe, it is the subox messing with me but, I'll know for sure once I am off the drug.

And btw there's nothing worse than always feeling strong and all of a sudden always feeling lethargic and weak. Maybe, this is all part of our growth to let us know that we are not invincible and to treat our bodies right.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I want to wish you the best of luck.. I also wanted to say and I just pulled this off line for anyone who is wondering what Kratom is... This is the quote I just copied..

“Kratom is a substance that binds to the same receptors the Vicodin, Oxycontin, morphine, heroin all bind too,” "Thailand and law enforcement officials say Kratom acts similar to an opiate.

This can be highly addictive too.. IMO you are better off taking a little bit of sub. before trying this stuff. Please be careful. This is killing people (Kratom). Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Beautiful-Disaster is right, be careful with Kratom. We've had a few people on this forum who ended up hooked on Kratom and they said the wd is nasty.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Good morning guys. I just finished day 8 after getting off 8mg /day. Feeling great. Last night was the first night I slept any amount over the last week. You can do it. Also wanted to share one trick I found. The tremors were the worst for me and kept me from sleeping no matter how tired. I figured out that if I put some icy hot over my arms or legs it overwhelmes my nerve endings and keeps them from spazing my muscles. I am guessing they spend all thier time sending info on the icy hot sensations back to the brain and has no time to spasm the muscles. Hope this helps. Take the vitamins and stay positive. God bless and good luck. Btw tnx for your service as a fire fighter.