It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pass the popcorn Romers :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 am 

When you have a deadly, progressive disease, sometimes major intervention is required. I don't think anyone puts sub in the category of a mild medication. When I went on sub, I was desperate to avoid a cold turkey withdrawal. But because I was desperate does not mean that I didn't have a duty to fully research the medication I would be taking. I saw that there were people who had trouble withdrawing from it. I saw that there were doctors giving contradictory recommendations on the length of time to use it. I'm sorry, Subluv and Olivia that you didn't research and ask your doctor tough questions. The information is definitely out there.

No one here is blowing sunshine up anyone's ass here. A ton of people have problems with the drug, their doctors, their families, their insurance companies, etc. That's what this forum is for! We share our experiences and support one another. For you to discount the experiences of everyone but yourself by laying down your "facts" isn't helpful to other people. If you were really trying to help others, you wouldn't just write your provocative posts. You would stick around and advise on what helped you when you were weaning off sub, how you dealt with the withdrawals, etc. You can give people warning that your experience was extremely difficult without making blanket statements that don't apply to everyone, and without trying to scare people away from a potentially life saving medication by calling it poison.

I think that you're just pissed that you had to go through a difficult experience that you weren't expecting because you didn't do your homework. When you became an opiate addict, you gave yourself a world full of trouble, including long-term withdrawal effects. I'm sorry that yours were worse than some people's, but others have not had such a bad experience. Why would you try to make it seem as if yours is the only valid opinion?

I also wouldn't be surprised if Subluv and OliviaO travel in a pack. :roll:

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Don't all chemicals/meds have somewhat of a honeymoon phase? They all have for me. If our bodies and brains did not change along the way, then we would be able to stay at the same amount and everything would be lovely. There would be no methadone, no suboxone, or any of the so called cure drugs.

Each person is completely different. If you did a survey with 50 people, you would get completely different opinions and experiences. I have always been one of those until it happened to me type people, That I rarely believed a lot of what I heard. I always had to learn through my own experience.

I don't think doctors intentionally lie to us. I think they tell us info as they understand it and as was told to them. There are many medications that were supposed to be magical and ended up having some bad side effects. Take paxil for instance. There were just a handful of negative reports and now many more are surfacing.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel like I need to warn everyone about this drug. For 6 months I felt brilliant, like I finally had my life under control and I loved Suboxone.

Then one afternoon I got home, my side gate was open and my dog was gone.

DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. SUBOXONE WILL KIDNAP YOUR DOG.

I've spoken to people all over the internet forums and someone told me SUBOXONE SOLD MY DOG TO THE DIM SIM SHOP so DO NOT TAKE SUBOXONE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Omfg Tearjerker, I love you. That is the best thing I've read on this forum all day.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This can all be equated to How Different People handle Withdrawals. Some people can't tolerate any sort of withdrawals at all. But when anyone gets on Opiates of any kind and they stop taking them, even IF they have tapered down to a Very Very small dose, they will experience withdrawals. To some people withdrawals off of a very small amount of Opiates can not be tolerated, but then with others they can tolerate going off the withdrawals from Suboxone because they know what it is/was like to go Cold Turkey off of a Much Harsher drug. Yes; I fully believe that when one replaces their DOC with Suboxone and they had a very easy transition and also had never experienced withdrawals of any kind before; then YES when they do go off of Suboxone they have had a Very False sense of Security hiding and lurking in the background.
But if you compare going off of say Methadone to Suboxone then getting off of Suboxone is no where near as bad or hard to deal with than the Methadone. I have gone Cold Turkey for 2 weeks off of high dose of Methadone before. I thought I would Die, but I made it because of my strong will power. However; my stupidity drove me to that, It is Nothing that I am proud of in the least bit. Just remember if you have an addiction and want to get control of your life, some work is warranted and involved. You can not expect to just stop taking any (Opiate)drug and it be Easy with no work involved. Focus on the Positives that Yes You in fact worked hard and got off of these addicting drugs, be proud of yourself, be Thankful that you didn't have to go cold turkey off of something much much stronger !

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm a heroin addict & would rather go cold turkey from heroin than ever have to get off of suboxone again. My Dr. had told me that it was not addicting & that was a flat out lie. The sub wds lasted forever & ever & I'm talking about 6 months or so. The lead suit feeling of having no energy, couldn't even get out of bed lasted forever & ever. The chills, kicking legs, no sleep at all & felt like I was going thru ct from heroin but I was on the sub. At least with ct that last about 4-7 days. The sub wd is closer to 6 months. I know I'm repeating myself but can't get over how hard it was to finally get off the sub. The Dr. told me the sub was not addicting & I would just fly thru the heroin wds with no problem at all. He never told me about how hard & how long it would take to get off the sub. Plus he was prescribing 2 8mg per day. After I was 'hooked' & doing research online I found out that 2-4 mgs would be more than enough to help me to get off heroin and a couple weeks would
be enough too. Not the 18 months at 16 mgs per day. That is why the anger. If I get messed up with heroin again I PROMISE you I will bite the bullett go thru a few days of hard core ct rather than ever go on suboxone again. I'm am not debating by the way but am telling you my truth. Dr. should prescribe it for less than 3 weeks & at much lower dosage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Subnomore - I'm sorry your doctor was ignorant of how to use and taper you off suboxone, but there are LOTS of resources out there for you to have understood the drug your doctor was putting you on. We must advocate for ourselves. Did you not know it was an opiate??? Suboxone is not a free ride. We were hooked on OPIATES - we already have withdrawals coming to us. No one ever said suboxone was going to magically take those away. And if your doctor told you that, I'm dreadfully sorry. S/he was terribly mistaken. That's where YOUR research come in.

But none of this is the fault of SUBOXONE. It's an issue between YOU AND YOUR DOCTOR.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've been through both good and bad experiences with suboxone but this site has taught me a lot and clearly when I make a change in my life I return to it as a source of support and reliable information. I am beyond grateful that the forum is moderated to ensure only factual information is presented and that opinions of all kinds are allowed. This is what makes it the best site for information on the Internet.

The OP in FACT, stated OPINIONS as FACTS as evidenced by information from others contradicting the original message. Who to believe eh? I don't know. I only have my opinions and my own experiences to help point me in the right direction.

But as the OP said, he/she is here to help spread the word about their experiences to prevent others from having to go through the same thing. Well that's a noble cause so the intent is quite positive and very much appreciated by people like me who like learning about other people's experiences. I do tend to lend greater credibility to those who state their opinions as opinions and to those who avoid strong language such as "poison". When I see such things I have a built in assumption that this person may not be very objective in nature.

My 1st sub doctor was trying to do the right thing and he told me I wouldn't have withdrawal from sub and that I needed to be on it at least 6 months. This is what he had been told and in 2007 I think that was a pretty common thought. I have very little respect for him because he should have taught me why he was saying those things and let me make up my own mind and then as a doctor attempted to help me achieve my goals. I think he was right I needed to be on it longer than 3 months and he was half right about the withdrawal in my opinion. The withdrawal from suboxone is longer than your typical opiate but it is also milder in my experience. It's a trade off so far as I am concerned. I had a lead suit coming off my DOC as well. I have no idea how long that would have lasted because I was never able to do it. Yet with sub I was able to do it for 3 months. 3 months versus 1 week (forced mind you). Not a day of work missed. Also, sub has not "turned" on me and it's been 5 years. In fact sub have given me 5 of the most stable and productive years of my life. Most enjoyable I would have to say.

This is my experience and hopefully someone out there can benefit from it and make up their own minds as to what would be best for them.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

subnomore wrote:
I'm a heroin addict & would rather go cold turkey from heroin than ever have to get off of suboxone again. My Dr. had told me that it was not addicting & that was a flat out lie. The sub wds lasted forever & ever & I'm talking about 6 months or so. The lead suit feeling of having no energy, couldn't even get out of bed lasted forever & ever. The chills, kicking legs, no sleep at all & felt like I was going thru ct from heroin but I was on the sub. At least with ct that last about 4-7 days. The sub wd is closer to 6 months. I know I'm repeating myself but can't get over how hard it was to finally get off the sub. The Dr. told me the sub was not addicting & I would just fly thru the heroin wds with no problem at all. He never told me about how hard & how long it would take to get off the sub. Plus he was prescribing 2 8mg per day. After I was 'hooked' & doing research online I found out that 2-4 mgs would be more than enough to help me to get off heroin and a couple weeks would
be enough too. Not the 18 months at 16 mgs per day. That is why the anger. If I get messed up with heroin again I PROMISE you I will bite the bullett go thru a few days of hard core ct rather than ever go on suboxone again. I'm am not debating by the way but am telling you my truth. Dr. should prescribe it for less than 3 weeks & at much lower dosage.

I think you should direct your resentment at your doctor, not at Suboxone.

It angers me as well that doctors are often ignorant about the realities of buprenorphine treatment. But a lot of them just believe what they read, and these days when the majority of research about any drug is funded by the company that makes it, you're going to hear things that aren't 100% true all the time.

If there's one lesson to be learnt, do your own research!

Also are you serious the detox lasted 6 months? That sounds like an exaggeration. I've gone through multiple bupe detoxes and a couple of methadone detoxes and buprenorphine acute withdrawal doesn't last 6 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would like to know what dose Subnomore was on before quitting. It wasn't indicated whether he/she tapered from the 16 mg or jumped from a ridiculously high dose. That type of information would be quite useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Me thinks Subluv and Olivia are the same poster. Sorry that's just my opinion. It's also my opinion that those who claim that " Sub turns on them" are those that have abused it, and were not serious about treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:44 am 
New Poster
New Poster

jonella wrote:
Me thinks Subluv and Olivia are the same poster. Sorry that's just my opinion. It's also my opinion that those who claim that " Sub turns on them" are those that have abused it, and were not serious about treatment.

Are you the forum know it all?? Rather than read posts from DIFFERENT people and learn, you'd prefer to think we are just screwing around. I don't know sublov but wish I did for moral support, which is more than I am getting from you!

You guys are all so brainwashed over suboxone, I just can't get over it. I tried so hard to quit drugs and then when i finally do, I just get addicted again and you don't think that's wrong? Any of you ever stop sub for a few days, just stop and see what happens a few days down the road? It's horrible, it's worse than any other withdrawal I've ever had.
In my group, all the guys talk about is the withdrawal from suboxone. A few of them have even gone to rehab for it but they didn't even know how to help them kick either. I just can't believe that sublov and I are the only two people that feel this way on this forum and there is NO ONE else!! Come on people, say what you really think not what this forum is telling to say, free speech!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Come on people, say what you really think not what this forum is telling to say, free speech!!

Olivia - you honestly think we TELL our members what they should say/post here? That's very imaginative.

I'm just glad I don't walk around with the rage you hold inside. [Shudder....]

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OliviaO wrote:
Any of you ever stop sub for a few days, just stop and see what happens a few days down the road? It's horrible, it's worse than any other withdrawal I've ever had.

How about you stay on 90mg methadone for a few months then jump off...

Might put things into a bit of perspective.

I'll agree that Sub withdrawal, when dose isn't tapered, for many people is worse than the shorter acting agonists ... What I don't understand is why, with all the whining sooks who cry on the internet about how bad Suboxone withdrawal is, you didn't figure that out before you chose to go on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Troll Alert......I can't imagine what the above 2 posters have actually been truthful. There assertions do NOT Match what I have been thru in such a short period of time. I have gone 2+ weeks of cold Turkey off of 60mg of Methadone, from what I have read Methadone is worse than Heroin or any other Opiates as far as withdrawals go. I can vouch that once before I stoped taking Norco 60mg/daily and the difference between the Methdone and Norco was night and day. The Norco cold turkey was nothing compared to the Methadone cold turkey. With Methadone the withdrawals never get any better, they keep intensifying to the point where your body starts to shut down. You just can't go 2 weeks without a minute of sleep, etc. I can not imagine that Suboxone is like this at all. At doses of 16mg, it has been relatively easy for me in just y first 2 weeks on Suboxone to get down to 12 mg. To jump off of ANY Opiate at a high dose is stupid and reckless. I know I have been that stupid and that reckless on several occasions, but I wanted off of Methadone so badly I tried it and failed. Now Suboxone I know will help me do it. I plan on a taper down to a very small dose then jump from there. There comes a time where you have to take responsibility for your own actions. My pain Doctor put me on Methadone i was stupid back then, Fool me once shme on you, fool me twice shame on ME. I will NEVER allow myself to TRUST a doctor fully again. I now do the research, ask questions, spend lots of time searching out information. I will no longer be in the dark ever again when it comes to my health and my life !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonella wrote:

You're all right on ! :wink: I was just making the whole thing up. Get back to me when you detox of sub and we'll talk some more. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[quote="SubLuv"

You're all right on ! :wink: I was just making the whole thing up. Get back to me when you detox of sub and we'll talk some more. :D[/quote]

I detoxed off sub and with a long, slow taper it really was pretty smooth.. I'll be happy to go into detail with you about it, but it was NOTHING like coming off the bluberries.. That hurt for months.. I made it 3 months once but the pain, and the depression never seemed to go away.. I went back on them for another year before I finally went to a sub Dr and followed his plan.. Following my Dr's plan (which did differ a bit from most of the advice I was given here) I was off the subs pretty much pain free since the end of April now..

My question is this- and I'm totally serious- if the sub detox is so bad why not just go back on your DOC and then go cold turkey from that? I gotta feeling that you'd change your tune about how easy it is to go cold turkey from heroin then, but that's just my opinion.. My opinion on this is that the latest detox is always the worst detox ever.. That's just human nature.. Remember, you're not just coming off subs, you're coming off all the opiates before it too.. That's why the taper is so important.. Like I said, that was just my experience, and everyone's recovery is different.. About the only thing all recovery's have in common is that they're tough!!

Post subject: Well Said
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:56 pm 

Thank You nogroovin for posting your experience. No one is disputing that some people suffer worse than others when stopping Sub. But we never seem to get all the information on how they did it. Did they taper down to a miniscule amount before jumping? And assuming they did, and still had the bad time, do they really think just because it happened to them that it will happen to all? That is very shallow thinking.

I have been to at least four different forums relating to Suboxone over the last 4 years and have read so many accounts of others jumping from .25 or lower and they just didn't have that hard of time with it. Don't the Sub bashers do their own research?

Please remember that everyone is different. If you had a hard time with it, fine, just state it as your experience. Don't assume every person will react the same as you.

Thanks again nogroovin for posting the story of your experience. Well said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everyone is different.

Many people have said this in different replies............

I am Rx'd 24mg of sub for pain and addiction.

About a month ago I went to 16.

BUT......
about 6 months ago, I had a problem with my perscription assistance, and didnt want to pay $550 if I didnt have to. So over the course of a week, i went from 24 mg to 8 mg, to 4mg for two days, then none.

8 and a half days later, I got my suboxone.
was it fun???
no.
I worked every day though, and for ME, I could compare it to a bad cold. FOR ME

I could have gone to the pharmacy and got the suboxone, if I wanted to pay almost eight bucks each.

Also, another time I was without for 5 days, and that was from 8mg, to none.

Just like others have said,
IM NOT SAYING WHAT YOU WENT THRU DIDNT HAPPEN.

Im just simply saying WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.

for me, methadone w/d was the worst ever. Worse than heroin, or oxy, or morphine, anything. FOR ME.
I tapered many times, but I could never make it past day three, and 90% of the time I didnt make it THRU day two.

Thankyou all,
for sharing your stories.
I really am sorry you had such a bad experience.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next