It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I NEED advice PLEASE
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am 25 years old, and a on off heroin user, ive been on probation for almost 2 years now, and i only have a little over a year left, I have never once dropped dirty at all, i haver never been in trouble once on probation. However, ihave recently within the last couple months started using pretty chronically again, I want off of the dope so badly, but i seem just to be getting worse. and i was thinking about gettiing on a suboxone program, ( which i have done once before a couple years ago before probation). But my question is, will the doctor question me if i am on probation, if so will he/she let my po know somehow. I just dont want my po to know i am using again. Also will the doctor drop me, if its dirty will it matter? if i am just starting? i dont wanna drop dirty at the docs office and my po finding out....? Can someone please give me some advice, what should i do? I so badly want off the dope, i have my whole family behind me for support, I know i can do this ive done it before.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:12 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I would find a suboxone doctor asap and get back on it. At least it will keep you off your doc...If you don't stop what if your urine test comes up dirty with your PO?? It doesn't matter if it comes up dirty with your doctor...that is why your are there..I would tell the doctor the whole truth...and that you want your life back again, etc. Most drug screens don't test for suboxone, but if yours does with you PO...then have your doctor talk to him. After all it is a treatment for addiction which is a disease, right.

Good luck to you and welcome to the forum...let us know how you are doing...
Slipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

slipper wrote:
I would find a suboxone doctor asap and get back on it. At least it will keep you off your doc...If you don't stop what if your urine test comes up dirty with your PO?? It doesn't matter if it comes up dirty with your doctor...that is why your are there..I would tell the doctor the whole truth...and that you want your life back again, etc. Most drug screens don't test for suboxone, but if yours does with you PO...then have your doctor talk to him. After all it is a treatment for addiction which is a disease, right.

Good luck to you and welcome to the forum...let us know how you are doing...
Slipper

I got a PO and they don't care about Suboxone. Now the reasons I have a PO are bullshit, and it was family member that did it to me...thanks to a "step-parent", i'm carrying a fkin felony...but I won't have it long. I'm going to see about having it expunged.

AT ANY RATE..my PO knows about my suboxone...but he also knows the BULLSHIT reason that I got put in the system, and he's NEVER drug tested me. EVER. Not even when I first went into probation, I STILL never had a piss test.
He's never came to my house, never told me I was doing anything wrong..nothing.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Adive please
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:15 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for your response guys, i got a whole of a doctor, and i have an appointment tomorrow morning, and ill also be able to start doing outpatient again. But i have another question, im actually filling out an app online fore the doc now, i am worried , they ask for my legal history and info, and want to know if im on probation now and whats his name, I dunno what to do i want this help, but i dont want them to call my po and tell him. will they? I dont want to get thrown in jail for this stupid shit that i got myself into again. So i dunno what to do should i wait and call the doc tomorrow and ask them or what? I am worried b ut i want the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Do you have to fill out the paperwork before you go in to see the doctor? If it was me, I would leave that part blank until I went it to see the doctor. THEN I would explain the situation to him, in person. And tell him why you didn't put it on the paperwork. Be honest, ask him if he plans to contact your PO. I doubt it would be a problem though, I mean, you're seeking TREATMENT. I don't see how your PO could have a problem with that.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 am 
hatmaker510 wrote:
Do you have to fill out the paperwork before you go in to see the doctor? If it was me, I would leave that part blank until I went it to see the doctor. THEN I would explain the situation to him, in person. And tell him why you didn't put it on the paperwork. Be honest, ask him if he plans to contact your PO. I doubt it would be a problem though, I mean, you're seeking TREATMENT. I don't see how your PO could have a problem with that.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

It can vary state by state and even by diff POs, if I'm not mistaken.

I know from having friends from around the country that some POs allow methadone, some only allow Suboxone, some dont allow any maintenance. I am pretty sure the same thing goes for benzos and even prescription painkillers.

It's pretty sickening that a nonmedical professional can have such a say!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If I were in your shoes I would definitely want to fail for suboxone, not Junk. Suboxone is a medication to treat your disease, you go to a licensed doctor and get a valid prescription with your name on it, if that's not trying to better your life I don't know what is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

They dont care if you pop hot at the dr the first time. Mine still just wrote me the script for the subs and told me to wait until i was fully withdrawling before i took it. I think i dont go to the greatest dr. I think he would write me anything if i asked.

Just be honest with your dr. , and your PO shouldnt have a problem with you receiving treatment. see if you can findout the rules about maintenance treatment for probation in your state. i dont think they can violate you if you have a valid prescription. Im not a lawyer tho so do your homework. regardless if you pop hot for dope your getting locked up, so just get on the subs and give yourself a chance. Ill be praying for you. good luck!