It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: need advice please
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Please people respond to this: i do have a question:after being on methadone---140 mg for 20 years i decided to try to come off...first I killed my xanax addiction cold turkey which I used to turbo methadone.It was bad for a month,xanax wd sucks.But finished ok..". started lover my methadone,took me 9 month to get down to 30 mg without any major problem...+ I checked into a hospital and switched to 14 mg suboxone..without any major complain...I went thru methadone wd hell 20 years ago nothing compared to that...I started lover 1mg per week and I am on 3mg suboxone starting 2 next week..countinue to lower it for the nex 4 weeks... QUESTION: I suffered some for a year now and my body went thru changes ,lost 20 kg from being overweight....but I dont know where am I now? did I make it? or long way to go? feel like getting tired of this shit...any words? cheers...

Last edited by mik on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: need advice please
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The way I see it honestly is it is a life long battle but you seem like your headed on the fight path...keep ur head up

Post subject: Re: need advice please
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are well over 90% of the way there.... but if you drop by 1 mg per week, you will have some serious withdrawal in the next few weeks. Understand that unlike methadone, the dose/response curve with buprenorphine is not a straight line. The potency of buprenorphine decreases slowly as you go below 8 mg, and then drops very steeply over the last mg or so. If you want a constant taper, you will need to drop by a quarter of a mg per week below 2 mg. I'm estimating of course, but hopefully you understand my point.