It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I've been taking buprenorphine since June of 2008,ms tatted out on 16 msg of suboxone, the orange pill, then in December of 2010 I got bumped up to 24 mis of suboxone films, then in January of 2012 I switched to subutex because I couldn't afford the name brand suboxone anymore.
I've been taking 24 msg for a long time, and I've never really considered getting off of it untill recently.
I don't want to be dependent on it anymore, it's caused problems financially with my family, my fiancée and her two kids from a previous marriage, and our kid we had together in March of 2014.
It makes me sleepy, because at night it keeps me awake and then I can't get to sleep untill about 3 in the morning, and that makes me sleep inn later in the morning, and that's caused problems for my fiancée and my family.
I don't want this drug causing problems with the people I love and care about anymore, what's the best tapering method to use, how many mgs at a time and for how long? What are some supplements I can take when I start getting into the lower doses, how long can I expect to be in pain and out of commission before I start feeling normal again? This is something I've never tried before or even considered, i do remember the withdrawals from other opiates, so I know what's in store for me there, but I'm hopeful because I've been told there are a lot of different supplements and herbs I can take to help make the withdrawal a little less severe.
Please share your success stories with me, and please share how and what you did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:36 am 

Have you thought of just tapering to a smaller dose? You could probably easily get away with 8 mg or even 4mg. That should help with the cost, the sleepiness and even the wakefulness at night. Sometimes making a small adjustment is all you need!

Amy