It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've somehow gotten to upwards of eating 8-12 #10 (325) I do want my liver. ..... Lot tab day. Sometimes less. Sometimes more. Finally told my shrink. Who Rx sub. But told me I cud do it on my own. Sub wAs worse. Idc. I feel like shit. 2days out on taper. Have all lovely pharma available but nothing is gonna get me thru work 12 hr shift. Even got Kratom. I've tried all combos. Tapers. Etc. I'm such addictive person. Can't believe let self get up to this. Never came off opiates. This will b added to my list of do NOT take Along with etoh. Benzos. Etc. so since I tried to get legal sub. I reckon I will just tx myself. But.

What is starting suggest for 100mg hydrocodone habit. Give or take couple tabs . Taken thru say day being 24 hrs . ? I do not want to control pain. Nor recreate on sub. I just want off this shit. And be able to Frkn function. At least for wrk n holidays. Got 2 beautiful Tweens. Wonderful family who has helped me thru thick n thin off other things. ESP etoh. But now I'm sober off that. Appear to b well. But it's going down tubes if I don't get off.

Advice?? Suggests?? :?: :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:14 pm 

To be honest, your British vernacular is somewhat hard to understand. So I have to clarify a couple of things before I can make suggestions. And use as much standard English as possible with few abbreviations, please.

You said that your shrink would prescribe suboxone, but he/she thinks you can taper the hydrocodone on your own, because suboxone is worse than the hydrocodone? That is a strange attitude for a psychiatrist to have, being well-versed in the facts of addiction. If you could taper off hydrocodone on your own then you wouldn't be confessing that you're having a problem with it. Suboxone was created to help addicts get off the crazy cycle of obsessing over their next fix/pill without having to deal with withdrawal symptoms at the same time.

So, are you saying that you can get a legal prescription for sub or not? Suboxone is very powerful, so your daily dosage should probably be between 2mg and 8mg. Your suboxone dose should be high enough that you are not experiencing cravings for you drug of choice, but low enough that you do not feel sick from too much sub.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes
That's exactly what I am saying. He stated ,,, he's been my dr for 8? Years now going on.
,,, that he felt I could come off 100 mg habit via a taper. And work. I told him I didn't think I could and function appropriately. At work. So he gave me a taper schedule which I'd already tried I told him.

He said if I could not taper, then call him after week to ten days. I've tried it. All ways. I can't get past like day 3.5 and work (not as healthcare prof I am) anD function safely at work. So I got upset. Left his office decided I'm going to do this. He's worried bout liability with his Rx for sub. I'm sure of it. And I don't blame him. I'm sure he has been burned.

Because that's just how he is. I refuse to shop for another dr. So I'm ready to do this. And my window of opportunity is now vbeing Off work that is for week. I just want to be safe. And comfortably functioning,,,, if possible.

.? Thks. Ask anything
Sorry. I'm not Brit. I'm a US southerner at that.
With bad accent too.

I'm aware of cows schedule. And PW. And know better than that.
Just wanting guidelines say,,, if he DiD Rx sub. What wud be recommending start dose for say like a 2 week give or take for more " comfortable and functioning ambulatory" detox ?

I'm not looking for true sub maintenance. Not really. I have no insurance right now. So financially not really wanting emotionally either to be chained. You know ?

And let me add to that question. Or clarify. A 2week ambulatory detox utilizing suboxone. And a quick and safe enough taper off the sub. As not to add more misery down the road for myself, or my healthcare career I'm saying as well?