It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have yet to switch back to suboxone after my relapse unfortunately. I am hoping I'm starting any day now. I have been having a couple issues waiting for the cows to reach an acceptable level to maximize success.

1. Restlessness. We all probably get flu like symptoms and emotional and what not. I am extremely lucky that I can take the time to have days off at home to do this, but what gets me the most is the restlessness. I have the Internet, books, TV, etc,,,but I find it very hard to sit still and watch a movie. I think it would really help to make the time go by if I could sit and have a movie marathon, but I am just so figitiy and restless. What is it that causes this and are there any tips and tricks to make it stop or diminish? So if I feel sick, but more like an I have the flu would be better, but is there anything I can do to sit still? Is it anxiety or someone else like blood pressure making me restless?

2. Fear and mind trickery. What have you guys had success with when the day before you tell yourself tomorrow is the day, and you are ready, but when the day comes after you start feeling bad, your mind tells you that one more day won't matter and you can do it tomorrow? I was thinking to have a travel book, or some pictures, to remind myself of all the things I want to do, or all the better uses for the money, I even leave myself notes on staying the course, but when the time comes, I don't look at them. How can I over me what I guess is pregame jitters.

I have really psyched myself out and need to get un psyched.

3. Making it through the night. If the clock keeps ticking and I haven't reached a high enough cows scale, the dark when it comes is more scary. So what do you do if you are waiting and the fear sets in and it gets to be night, and you might have to wait for the night to pass? Just turn on all the lights?

Really I am looking for any tricks you have learned to make it through the initial waiting period, to keep yourself calm and focused on the mission.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Do you have access to Gabapentin? It will help with the restless leg thing some. I keep my brain occupied by doing brain puzzles like Sodoku. I even went as far as using colored pencils and a coloring book! Crayons are for kids! lol You have to keep your brain busy. As far as nighttime, I can't help you there except maybe exercising and wearing yourself out.
Hang in there, it won't be long till you can start dosing
Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have heard of gabapentin, it's an over the countern supplement that works similar to Xanax type drugs right? But I'm a much more mild way?

So I shouldn't worry too much about it, because if you count the time I will sleep the first night, it real
Kt isn't that long awake until I can take suboxone? Maybe 12 hours?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I take Gabapentin for nerve pain. You have to have a prescription to get it. It is prescribed for Restless Leg syndrome too. How long has it been since you used the Heroin?
The waiting is terrible but you're almost there.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know if you mentioned it earlier, but clonidine helps a good bit. It is a blood pressure med that is also prescribed for withdrawal symptoms. It doesn't stop the withdrawal pains, but it helps reduce them. Immodium for the bowel issues. Advil and Tylenol for the aches and pains. I know the most unpleasant thing for me is the restless legs. I never found a solution except for hot baths and walking around...which is difficult when you're so sleepy, but can't sleep. Time really drags while you're waiting, but if you take it too early the PWs are much worse. Just keep in mind that in a few more hours you will be feeling "normal" again.

Keep us posted.
Morphing