It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thnxx Amy, it warms my heart to hear your encouragement. I have just gotten a little down lately. I am too impatient and have always wanted things right here and right now. I know that I need to work on that. My type A personality pushes me to that way of thinking. having always been a hard worker it is hard to not be able to. If there was somewhere I could volunteer I would try that but it is an hour drive away, right now I dont have the ability to do that but great idea. When I would go to the Doctors office I would look around and notice all the other people that truly were in constant pain, even on medication. It made my heart ache for them, having to go thru that day by day without much relief, When I usually get down that is what helps me to think how much worse that it could be. Not many will realize that if it weren't for a few circumstances that we all wold be in lots worse shape/condition. But that has always help me get back to trying to have some semblance of balance in my life. Yes, Methadone is that Evil as it does stay in one's system forever, and it will take time for the worst of it to get out of me. I have read where some people in a similar situation as mine stated that it took them 3-4 months before they felt like they were making very good progress. Now that scares me, I know that I can have the will,power for that, it is the lack of money that scares me if it goes on that long. But I am in this for the long haul, my only issue right now is to feel good enough to get back to work and right now I am not there. After 2 weeks I still feel not myself. I have til tomorrow before I go to see my Suboxone Doctor, for the last 3 days I have been on 12mg, previously on 16mg. I screwed up the first 3 films and didnt take them properly, and also I wanted to experiment with taking a smaller dose to see if it made me feel better. Well, as for taking a smaller 12mg dose I feel maybe a bit more clearer in my head, but the withdrawal symptoms are still there, the aches, lower back pain, the sweats , etc. are still there. I will tell my Doctor about all this and see if he will up my dose from the original 16mg to something like 20mg to 24 mg to see what that would feel like for a couple of weeks. But after going down to 12mg, I am not a total basket case going thru worse symptoms, just a bit more pronounced is all. At this point I would give anything to feel just ok or myself, like I did for at leas 3 days right there at the beginning of the Sub treatment right after I started when I had way more in my system than I have now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 26 and this will also be my last post on here. Suboxone totally helped save me, I am now fully off of Methadone and feel that it is fully out of my system. I feel pretty good about the fact that Suboxone helped me get off of the Methadone when After 6 months of trying to go cold turkey It just was not happening. I have since been working with another person that has agreed to help me and his methods are awesome. I have tapered down to just 2mg/day and have a plan to get off of Suboxone completely in about 3 more weeks. I never would have imagined that it could happen this quickly, but after looking around the WWW. I found someone willing to offer me guidance and the information I needed to do a fast taper. So far it has been going great, When I was able to start feeling better by getting the Methadone out of my system that was when I could really start to do this fast taper method. I just wanted to stop by and thank the people that offered me help and support. It meant allot to me, I also want you new people to realize that you too can get off of just about any hard drugs if only you put your mind to it. I consider myself a fortunate one in that I was definitely chemically addicted to Methadone but so wanted my mind and body to be off of it. I hated the feeling of having to use a pill to feel decent so that unlike others I have no desire to use pills or opiates to alter my mood to feel better. Hang In there, keep the Faith in yourself. Do Not let yourself beat yourself down because of choices that you made in the past. What matters is Tomorrow, live and work towards a Better Tomorrow, if you just follow this route then you will fulfill your potential !!!!!! take care everyone and I'll see you maybe on the other side..goodbye