It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just skimming over some of these posts i notice the high numbers like 32mg.

For many (most) people anything around 16mg starts to cause constipation. Before you know it when starting Bup or Suboxone you have not been regular for 5 or 7 days. Since motility is stopped you don't really notice it until you start to realize something is wrong.

There must be exceptions - but constipation can be dangerous. And embarising if one must go to the emergency room to be cleaned out.

The best natural fiber pill is Senna or a senna compound with a stool softener. Lots of water. Some find a few large glasses of water in the morning start things. Coffee in the morning can help.

Glycerine suppositories should be on hand. And the breakfast cereal Fiber One cannot be beat. It is really great. These are all safe and effective ways to stay regular. Sub is a real constipator.

If really bad x-lax can be picked up at the drug store and some ememas pre-packaged. All so much better to be dealing with and prevent rather than try to cure.

Just wondering--- esp. at high levels of Sub.

s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I posted a guide to constipation in

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=933&start=50

Senna is not a fiber pill. It is a stimulant laxative that comes from a plant.

Be careful eating fiber cereals, bars, and other fiber stuff because if you don't plan to drink a LOT of water, they can actually make things worse.

Post subject: killed the king
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes it is good not to overdo things, but opiates are constipating and some prevention is a good thing. The otc drug x-lax is much more powerful that senna, and senna can be taken without fear. It is true some fibers can build up if not taken with enough water. But it is easy and a good thing to drink enough water.

Fiber like Metamucil can block up without enough water. But some glasses of hot water and some coffee in the morning can help.
Senna at night and Fiber One as a cereal will never hurt anyone. Most doctors spend some time on this because it can sneak up on one and the dangers of constipation are far greater than fiber in the diet. Indeed, plenty of water.

Prevention is the best. Not paying attention to it killed Elvis.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

And---just happened to see the melatonin part. I would start with 1mg of melatonin or as small as you can get.

It can act as a depressant.

It does for me -- I hate it and no sleep to be had. Might be hard to figure out what is what when new things are being done and sleep disrupted. L Tryptophan with dinner is also something to try (the amino acid in turkey that helps naps)-- very natural and OTC now again.

I just changed blood pressure pills to Clonidine and find it helps sleep and bp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tryptophan is metabolized to melatonin.

You can try a really low dose of melatonin like 1mg, but if you are trying to get sleep during w/d you probably will need a higher dose if you want it to do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have been on Methadone 50mg for about 2 years so I know all about Constipation, and the constant use of pills to help with that..TMI..as of right now my Bowels are coming back to use and many other bodily functions too are coming back. I can smell better, taste better, even have some unexpected "wood"..TMi...sorry... waking up in middle of night like all men are used to now and then; but whilst on MEthadone my sex life was non-existant... If you will read all my posts you will see that I am stabilized at 16mg of Suboxone for now, hoping to go lower when able to. The first day of induction I started at 2mg Suboxone, way too little for coming off the heavy Dose of Methadone that I was used to. I will def try the Melatonin and start out at a small dose. I can sleep but am hoping to get a regular sleep cycle started as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Here it is day 5 of my Journey with Suboxone. I have only been awake for a short time as my sleeping cycles are totally whack, but I am going to try some Melatonin as others have suggested, Thnxx....But so far here on day 5 I feel OK, I hesitate to go further with a better review of how I feel as I don't think I have been awake long enough to judge properly. I took my 16mg dose this morning at 10am, sat back down in my lazy-boy chair and feel asleep til 12pm and now here I am writing this to you. So far so good, I have only felt the right to ask that in every day that I show signs of improvement, and so far the Suboxone has delivered. but I hesitate so much for fear of Jinxing "it"...lol...I do worry too much, I fully realize that I might Only feel a TINY bit better each day but that will be more than adequate. Yes; I would Love to be out there Dancing with the Daises, but I am Not feeling that good as of yet. I didn't feel that Good when taking the World's worst drug 60mg/daily of Methadone for a back injury. Here I sit hoping that some of you will read this and chirp in as it has meant so much to me to have your support. I am all alone here at home, trapped in isolation be-it my own doing but none the less I do want to make a difference and get my Life back together. In my last few months of this Methadone induced Hell of a Life that I was on. I got to the point where I was so weak and couldn't take much Withdrawals from the 60mg/daily Methadone. if you have never been on Methadone much less a heavy/large dose going Cold Turkey from it is the Hell on Earth that your TV's have tried to capture but have yet to come even close to what it is REALLY like. I am reminded of that old saying "Perception is Reality" all I wanted was to feel better on the Methadone, knowing that today I had to function then I suffered thru taking too much Methadone just to get thru the day. So; yes "YOUR Perception of Life is YOUR Own REALITY" everyone is different, vastly different in that regard. Some of us are stronger some of us weaker but are we not all the same in the end ? We hurt therefore we Take, and we Take, until the taking is the main purpose not the Hurt anymore. The daily feeding that Lion residing in your belly, the feeling of joy when you knew that just ina short while you would feel better as you had just taken Your Medicine. That reminds me of yet another old saying " to give YOU a Dose of Your Own Medicine"...well that is surely what we have done. when you abuse too much of a good thing, it bites you on the butt. (big-timey) just like it did me these past few months, I fell deeper and deeper into that addiction hole, so far down that I didn't care if it was so dep that i could crawl myself out of it of my own regard. I knew that come next month I would Figure something out, I was a smart guy I could come up with some way to get this or that to make me FEEL BETTER. As that is what I NEEDED to feel, but I forgot what it was like to FEEL, I lost touch with my other senses. I didn't care for I would make u for it later in my life, that is what we do, people like us that struggle with medication. We put off tomorrow just to get thru today! Yes we are always told to live for today, but we totally and maliciously gave up our tomorrows so that we could just Feel Good Today. Well; I am NOT doing that anymore. I want to Feel Today and I also Want to FEEL Tomorrow also. So I must take charge, let this Suboxone help Me get my Life back under My Control. Not the Control of Chemicals that are not flesh and blood, that do not care or feel. Hopefully someone will chime in today on my thread, I surely would like it very much. I am trying my best to stay positive, but being all alone doesn't help. Hopefully like I mentioned above I will feel better so I can get outside and Live just a little bit today rather than existing like I have been for the past 2 years !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Great to hear that you are feeling better.

It would make your stuff a lot easier to read if you would split it up into smaller pieces, just future reference.

My sleep is/was all messed up coming from methadone to suboxone too. I kinda just take sleep as it comes though, ill look for regularity when im feeling better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I get to Rambling and it goes on too long. After going outside for a lil bit this heat def caught me off guard. I dont think I could stand to be out there for any length of time, but it was good to get out for at least a bit, but this is only day 3-4 depending on how you look at it. After being awake for a while this is def the best I have felt yet. Still not 100%, I would dare to guess probably at 60% maybe stretching it. I know everyone is different on their way back, but trying to get a feel for what you-all went thru. How long it took to be able to sorta get back to a normal life ??? Thnxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dude, trust me I know where your at. You can check my post if you wanna see rambling lol.

I don't know if suboxone can make you feel 100% from methadone. At least not for a while, if I were you, I would try to skip dosing tomorrow. I know it would be hard. Then come back in at 8mg. Your skidding in at some high doses man.

Keep in mind 100% isn't 100% like when you were on drugs, I gotta keep reminding myself this. Can't use suboxone to make me feel like I did when I was on drugs or methadone because I am not NORMALLY like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yea I can relate to the whole trying to judge how I feel. I used a percentage as a quick easy way to write it down. I am keeping a journal about this journey of mine if you want to call it that, cause I def do NOT want to repeat this never again. When I was on Methadone I was Never at 100%, Hell I haven't been 100% ina Very Long time. I may Never be 100%, I have a back injury but then again my 75% was more than adequate to hold down a very good paying job that was super physical. Not bragging, but I want and need that back in my life. To bring home a good pay check and also know that I can do it again. I'll get there. Right now I need to get back to doing some work, currently I own my own business so I can work my own schedule to a point but then again I need some income to pay for this expensive treatment. Amber and few others have given me links to coupons and stuff that can save me lots of money on the Medication which is fantastic, but I have to pay my bills and bring in some income. Right now the money situation is one way...going out and Not coming in. I just needed some insight into when I might could start doing some work again. I think maybe in a few days that I might could start back to work in my shop. It is 90+* out there right now and that heat would KO any attempt to get back out there right now, so I'll have to work during the night when it is cooler. My shop is not air conditioned, most fab/welding shops aren't. One day mine will be but right now it is not. Thnxx for the info....any help let me again Thnxx you-all for it big time !!!!! keep the comments coming, you are my life line right now !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have kept a running account on my Journey with Suboxone, I don't know if this is the proper forum but here goes with my end of day 4 from coming off 60mg Methadone and onto 16mgs of Suboxone. It is after 1am about to start day 5 in my Suboxone Journey, I feel OK, not great, not terrible. I did try and go out on a very Hot 90*+ day here where I live. I didn't last long outside as I already have a constant heat wave going on in my body. Inside I have my AC set at 72* and I am Burning up, not in waves but a constant Heat. I would dare say I am at somewhere near 50-60% myself. I don't feel good enough to get back into the real world but honestly I can say that I feel a tiny bit better each day on Suboxone. I will be going to sleep soon, my sleep cycle is WHACK big time. A few people have suggested Melatonin and tomorrow I am going to purchase some and try it out tomorrow night. Also tomorrow I have printed out the Manufacturer coupon and am purchasing my second week supply of Suboxone to see if the coupon actually works since I am paying cash with NO Insurance what so ever. I will say that I am seeing allot of a usual bodily functions return, my sense of smell is better, my taste is better, my appetite is much stronger, and my Metabolism surely is much higher as I am sure I have lost some weight. My Colon is working better but still constipated..sowry for the TMi...and even some nightly dreams have returned, when I was on Methadone I never dreamed. I caught myself dosing and talking to myself right before I feel asleep, many friends spoke of me talking in my sleep so much so that it must have been a usual occurrance. Ok; I'll end there don't want too much information overload. I will come back and post on what happens on day 5, wish me well, cause I do need it..Many Thnxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey One Day,

Hope today is a good day for you. Day 5 you said? YES ! You can do this. You should be feeling better every day.

The heat sounds crazy hot already by you ! It's rainy and cool in the 60's here in NY.

Just wanted to jump in here and offer my support.
It was great to "meet" you last night in Chat. It's good to talk things through with people that understand.

Take care and don't forget: We are all in this together !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Here it is full-on Day 5 of starting Suboxone. To recap I came off of 60mg Methadone 5 days ago I started Suboxone at 16mg. I am feeling OK this morning. When I first started out on Suboxone I messed up big time and took way too small a dose, especially after coming off such a large dose of Methadone. So I needed to go and get my 2 week prescription fully filled. When I went o pharmacy the first time last week I could only afford to get a 1 week supply of the Suboxone and this morning I only had a 1 x8mg dose so I took it around 4am. I will admit that I felt that I was needing something about that time as the Suboxone seemed to be wearing off and the Methadone WDs were starting to creep in. But after I took that 8mg dose I felt much better and slept til 9am when I went and picked up this second full week of Sub medicine films. I did use the Manufacturer discount coupon and it saved me 50% of the cost for 14/1 weeks prescription. The Pharmacy clerk did mention that I could only use the coupon ONCE a month, when I thought you could use it each week. I will have to look into that into more detail.
But all in all I feel OK, I am going to wait and see how I feel before I take the other 8mg Sub dose. I have been for the past 3 days take all 16mg at once early in the morning. And that has lasted me the full 24 hours. I did start to have some back pain yesterday and it worried me a bit. because this is how this all started some 10 years ago. That's enough for now, but Thnxx for the Encouragement "Lindy" and others, your help and info has been a huge help. BTW I also did pick up some 1mg Melatonin capsuls today, and will try them tonight at bedtime.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The back pain you describe could easily have been covered up by the methadone you were taking. It's considered by many to offer much better pain relief than suboxone. Increased pain for you could be completely expected.

As for the coupon, it is only good once a month, NOT once a week.

Glad to hear you're continuing to do well. Keep up the good work. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread, but I just wanted to suggest, as scruffy did, that you start out with much less than 10mg of melatonin. 1mg is a good starting point. If that doesn't do it, try a little more the next night. I have researched melatonin a lot and have always read that 1mg to 3mg is a normal/effective dose. I found that 1mg helped me when I tried it a long time ago.

My sub doctor even recommended it to me at my last appt and I am going to try it again soon. I just remember that it gave me vivid dreams and even nightmares, so I looked it up online and read that those can be side effects...so that's why I stopped it when I was using it before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thnxx "Taurus and Hat"..and et;al..today I did pick-up some Melatonin but it was a small bottle of 1mg dose caplets. That is what I was going to start with tonight, the 1mg dose as "Hat" had suggested that earlier, but I appreciate all of Your insight into which might be the best dose to take of Melatonin. I don't have terrible time getting to sleep, but I di want to try and get back ona sleep cycle which is better for me and much more regular. I have been staying up til 3-4am and then sleeping until 12am. I can't keep doing that.
Sorry my Thread and posts have been so long, or maybe I should post my |"|||Story" in another section?? But Today is my best day yet, I hesitate to even mention this for fear of jinxing how I feel. I haven't felt good for some tie now, I am talking months and even years now. Not that I feel that much better, but everyday I feel a tiny bit better. And I know for a fact it is because I am getting this Devilish Methadone out of my system. I know I am the poster boy for HATING on Methadone but it helped to ruin my life these past couple of years. So yes I do hate Methadone and will forever preach against it. So Far So Good, which is more than I expected, but Exactly what I was hoping for and also dreaming of. I do want to feel better, to feel like I am in control, rather than my Pain Doctor, or the Pharmacist, or the Medication, etc. And today I am feeling somewhat Yes; I am in control...Finally...Many Many Thnxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nice Job Q :) :) :) :) :)

It sure is sounding like your feeling better and better.
You'll be working soon enough, I can tell your getting your 'drive' back, not that you ever lost it. But you know what I mean.

Just gota take ONE thing at a time, Just like you do, ONE day at a time..............lol

In my experience, you will feel a lil better each day, but I understand you dont want to 'jinx' it now!!!

Just think, youve come so far already!!!!!!! every day you put down in your journal, is one more BATTLE you have WON in this WAR you are fighting.

When I looked back into my journal, I had read that line, I had written it in big black marker across the top of page 8
I guess becuz I had never made it that long before

Keep up the good work 8) 8) 8)

oh, and IM glad you were able to use the coupon.

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Coupon link You sent me "Amber" saved me $60.00 on a 1 week supply...Many Many Thnxx...and yes today at Day 6 was good and if tomorrow is juss a lil better then like WoWee I will be STOAKED to wake up and feel like I am starting to be Alive again, for the first time in about 2 years time. Hope that All of You have a Great Tuesday, I am about to take that 1mg Dose of Melatonin and see how it works for Sleep. Until Tomorrow...TTYL....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

After feeling good at my day 6, I knew something would act up on me and here it has happened. I was trying to sleep took some Melatonin around 11pm much sooner than usually for trying to sleep and then Bamm I start getting these weird leg feelings. Like something is biting my skin on my legs, crawling things, and they hurt too. I was like wtf then I thought could this be RLS ? I rode it out for about 5 hours and then I had had enough. It was an hour before I was scheduled to take my Sub but I couldn't wait any longer so I did it and felt better after an hour or so later. So that is what RLS is like hunh? I was beginning to think that something was going to happen and here it is, no biggie. But it did mess up my schedule but only by an hour. I had to take my Sub dose an hour earlier than I had planned for. The Melatonin experiment was a bust because of the RLS, but it did seem like I felt something happening after I took a 1mg dose of it. I am back to lay back down, and hopefully not oversleep like I have been as of late. Hopefully I can get moving today and get out and do some work or at least push these cobwebs aside.....TTYL....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next