It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: nausea
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been on Sub for about a week (I take half an 8 mg 2x a day) and just started feeling seriously nauseated the last couple of days. It comes and goes but it's pretty strong. Is this normal and what can I do to ease the nausea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What works wonders for the suboxone nausea is Zofran. Its a prescription drug, but most doctors would not really mind prescribing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I don't have a good answer to your problem but have the same issue...b

I too get nauseous when I take suboxone -- however for me it didn't start until I had been taking sub for months -- first I was constantly nauseous, then I actually threw up, this happened so many times I can't count. Finally, I stopped taking the sub and felt better -- at least not nauseous all the time.

I stopped taking the sub bc I was getting knee replacement surgery and was on narcotics in the hospital and for a month or so after discharge. I tried taper off the oxycodone which didn't work too well, so I stopped the oxy and after 12+ hours took a sub (I have about 12 left) -- I got violently ill in the middle of the night, about 8 hours after taking the sub and haven't taken it for months and I've relapsed and am taking vicodin again, prescribed from my doctor -- like that makes it any better. I have serious almost continual pain which is how I got into the narcotics years ago -- and my regular doctor gives me weekley scipts.

i read that subutex doesn't contain the component that makes you nauseous but it costs more.

maybe doctor jeff has an answer.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow I have the same problem I started suboxone almost 2 weeks ago and for the past 3 or 4 days I've been getting extremely nauseous except that I take zofran when I start feeling it come on and sometimes it doesn't even work! I feel like everyday it's getting worse and I keep having to leave school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had nausea the first week I started taking Suboxone. I take 4mg twice a day. I vomited after taking the very first dose. The nausea gradually subsided and now is gone. I've been on Suboxone now for almost 3 weeks. I guess my body just had to adjust to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I started having nausea a few months into sub treatment. I was also feeling very sedated, so I just figured it was time to decrease my dose. I tapered down and the side-effects went away.

-Jack Kornfield