It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm looking to see if anyone has had these symptoms like I'm about to describe...I've been on narcotics for 16 years due to 5 shoulder surgeries. Two years ago I was taken off Vicodin and put on Suboxone. I take 12 mg. a day. Six months after I started the Suboxone I started getting constipation "blasts". I would wake up at 7:00 am..have a severe bowel movement and then I get so nausea that I have to take meds and I'm in bed all day. This happens every 2 months. I've even been in the Emergency Room and they check my blood, run tests, and can't find anything wrong. I've had my gall bladder checked, my intestines ultrasounded and nothing ever shows up wrong. When I was on Norco and Vicodin, I was constipated but these "blasts" of bowel never happened. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an ingredient in the Suboxone that could be causing my colon to act like this. I'm really looking for some answers. My gall bladder is in excellent condition. I write down everything I eat so I can see what happened between episodes, and I've started taking Miralax daily (which helps my bowels to move easily and soft). I just don't understand why I was okay on Norco and I'm not on Suboxone. If it wasn't for this drug, I would be in severe shoulder pain and I wouldn't be able to live my life on a daily basis. Does anyone have any suggestions of why/what could be causing these episodes. I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:27 am 

Hi Sheryl,

I'm sorry that you haven't gotten any responses here about your bowel issues. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be debilitated by these periodic blasts. It sounds like you are diligent about keeping track of what you're eating, but you must not have found a common denominator. Do you think the Miralax has helped keeping the bowel blasts away, or do you get them despite being on miralax?

If you are able to figure out some connection to suboxone, please let us know. You could be helping someone who comes here searching for answers like yourself.

Good luck!

Amy