It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:39 pm 
Hello all, I've decided to post my story in pieces. Here is part 1. Ideally, I will post a new part to the story every 24-36 hours. Sorry if this is not ideal to everyone, but it is all my short attention span and time constraints will allow at the moment and I really want to get this out there as I have began posting frequently and I want people to have some idea of who is saying what and why. So, here it is:

Part 1: The early Years…”When messed-up still felt magical.”

My name is Travis and I have been an opiate addict for about fifteen years. My first experience with opiates actually was in grade school, probably age 7 or 8, when I had an extremely bad cold and was prescribed cough syrup containing hydrocodone. I was young of course so my parents gave it to me in prescribed amounts, but I do remember liking the way it made me feel warm and relaxed. I began using assorted chemicals, mostly marijuana when I was about 14 years old. One of my best friends during my teenage years had many, many medical and health problems and had multiple surgeries when we were in highschool. His father was a doctor, so my friend was never in short supply of pain medications. In fact, he didn’t really like opioid pain medications at all and would often suffer after surgeries taking only extremely small amounts of morphine and/or oxycodone. Most of the morphine 30mg tablets and percocet 10/325 tablets would go to me. I do have to say that even though he was having some serious surgeries he was getting a TON more pills than he needed. I actually remember looking forward to my friend going under the knife because I knew I would reap the opioid benefits. It was after one surgery he gave me 120 30mg morphine pills, 240 10/325 Norcos and 240 10/325 Percocets, I was about 16 years old, I began noticing that I was becoming physically addicted to the medications. I had always mentally craved them since I had first begun using them recreationally but my abuse was turning into a physical dependence. This amount of medication seemed like a lot, seemed at the time that it would have lasted me a long, long time if I took it sparingly and recreationally but I began taking it on a daily basis. I began taking what I thought would be a reasonable amount prescribed to a chronic pain patient, even though at the time I had absolutely no physical pain! The medications lasted me about 1 month. Within the next year I was introduced to and began injecting Morphine and Oxycodone pills. The habit became expensive and eventually a few friends who had also caught up with me in terms of opiate habits decided we should just get some heroin already. I was 18 the first time I tried heroin. I was extremely frightened even though I had already been injecting other opioids for about a year. With pharms it is easy to control dosage but I didn’t have any experience with heroin. I remember telling a friend I was going to try heroin and he pointed to a picture of the newly dead at the time Kurt Cobain on his wall and shaking his head no. To be continued…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What!! What happens next??!! LOL

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Please don't stop now. We are here & we are listening. If Suboxone helped you out of that addiction, I sure want to know that there is hope for me. Queenie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dude, how could you leave us hanging like that?? What's your day job, writing cliff hangers for the networks??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

a sneak preview :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 pm 
Part 2 is now posted. I didn't want to make it a cliffhanger, trust me I didn't put that kind of thought into it...But now that I did, I think making it a cliffhanger is kind of a cool idea! Like I said it's mostly a lack of time and attention that prevents me from typing the whole thing out. If I had to do that and post it all at once, I would likely never get it done. Small, managable parts...Thanks for reading!

-T