It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: name brand vs generic?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i've been on suboxone for over a year now. I started at 8mg and over the last few months i have worked down to 1mg trying to get off for good. I have always taken name brand tablets, not the film. I went to get my script for the next 3 months and not a single pharmacy i called had the name brand tablets. Have they been discontinued? - I had to take the generic. This morning i tried it for the first time and it made me feel really weird, not in a good way. Has anyone else gone from name brand tablets to generic tablets? Have you noticed any difference or am i just crazy? Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 pm 

Hey MD,

I haven't taken the generic ones yet because I'm on the film. Can you get onto that instead?

But yes, someone else did tell me that the generic wasn't as strong as the name brand and she needs to take more now. Not good. So you're not alone. What is surprising is that your post isn't getting any responses. There must be more people out there on the generic Bupe.

One thing you do want to do is report it to the FDA. Either ask the pharmacy for the phone number or Google it. They want to know any and all the side effects of medications.

Sorry you got screwed on this. It's only your life we're talking about here. I suppose we all will be on a generic Bupe eventually.

Hope you feel okay,

rule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah i found the orange amneals suck, but the white actavis are great IMO.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

the ones i got are the white ones.. i only tried them that one time and havent taken any since. the pharmacy would not let me return the rest so my doctor would not give my a prescription for the strips. so basically i was screwed and just forced into stopping taking them. im on about day 4 of not taking any at all. im feeling okay.. just less motivation to do things than i had before. i know subs have a really long half life so im waiting for the withdrawals to kick in. im hoping that since i had weened down to such a low dose that when they start they wont be too bad. thanks for the couple of replies guys i appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:08 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Try Dr J's method of busting up the pill with your front teeth and using your tongue paint the inside of your mouth with the now liquified pill ... Don't swallow for 10 or 15 mins .. has been working for me since the generics first came out , I was first at my CVS to try them .. I pretty much take my 2mg a day for depression though, but my 2mg of Suboxone is very very important to me , Mike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I just was lost and posted on a old post but I too now am on generic I thought it was suboxone but it a rather medium size white pill . previous try was subzolv and it wore off quite fast. my therapist said that was being said so I changed to another generic. how do I find out what brand and which store offer different choice?

hope u are feeling ok