It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi I just wanna see if anyone else has had any of the issues I am having while on suboxone. I had these same issues in the past but then got pregnant and they put me on subutex and I felt so much better!!! Well I am still breastfeeding but my doc is now at a place that would be cheaper for me monthly to afford but still at the old place I went to also ..anyways last month was my 1st time at new place and she had told me she can only prescribe strips there from that office that my baby would be ok on strips as I still breastfeed. I didn't argue and took my script now 4 weeks in on same 4mg dose a day. I have suffered from migraines everyday since starting strips with the Naloxone. I feel foggy and confused! Also having tingling in my hands that I didn't have on subutex... She wrote me a 5 week script cause she will be out of town this week so I am stuck suffering for another week unless I contact her at other office. I am very in tune with my body and I know when something's going on. I have felt down also. I plan to tell her what's going on and asked to be switched back even if that means going back to the old place and paying more for my visits .......bi am also worried about my baby having side effects from Naloxone ??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:31 pm 

One thing you can do to minimize your exposure to naloxone is to spit out the saliva from when you dose. Naloxone cannot be absorbed in the mouth, only in the digestive system. By spitting it out, you should be mitigating the headaches and other negative side effects.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I have been on the strips for 3 weeks now and started getting the migraines after the second day on them. Once I started spitting them out after the third day the migraines have pretty much stopped.