It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Here's my experience with NAABT:

I have tried to create accounts with this website several times. Every time that I do; I mention my sensitivity to naloxone. I am polite and I basically inquire about my need to find treatment with a Doctor or Physician who has seen these sort of reactions and will write the buprenorphine w/o the naloxone. I am tired of buying it off of pregnant females. Consequently, for whatever reason, these accounts always, always, always get deleted. I have emailed these fools on several occasions. I never get any response from them. I guess that is a tailored response from retards. I am tired of their silence and I am angry. If a phone number existed and I was able to call someone - I would call them and rant and make threats. There's no need for these accounts to get deleted and to disappear without rhyme or reason. When I say several, I mean AT LEAST 30 ACCOUNTS AT 'NAABT'. So, if you really do believe their lie that they are "here to help" - pray to God - to give you a horrible sensitivity to naloxone. Try to garner their assistance in obtaining treatment. You will see the extent of their compassion. It makes me sick and I wish very, very, very bad things on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is weird and sucks that your accounts were deleted but i know a lot of others have had success on here with naabt...

Check this thread, another forum member had an opposite experience: http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6293

Same issue but was contacted and set up. Could it be a certain word or words that are causing the deletion?

You maybe could try just asking for a doc willing to prescribe subutex like the person in that thread...

Good luck

Gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And make sure you VERIFY the account...meaning don't use fake information or fake emails...use an email address that's real, and when you create the account, respond to the activation email they send when you create an account. You MUST click the link in that email to keep your account active.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In PR lingo it's called Astroturfing.

Quote:
The term "astroturfing" is also used to describe public relations activities aimed at "falsely creating the impression of independent, popular support by means of an orchestrated and disguised public relations exercise....designed to give the impression of spontaneous support for an idea/product/company/service," according to the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Social Media Guidelines,[17] which cautions members that an astroturfing campaign is "self-evidently likely to contradict the CIPR Code."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Despite that NAABT do serve a useful purpose with the physician finder and all.

Let us know how you go. I do believe NAABT / RB associated people check out this site. Hopefully they'll see this thread and do something about your situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the same person, but someone has opened over 30 TreatmentMatch accounts, in several states, and received over 300 physician responses! Clearly our system is not a scam or farce and has worked for them, if their intention was to actually find a doctor. If none of the 300+ doctors met their criteria, I’d suggest that their expectations are unrealistic. Or since Subutex is thought to be more abusable, is it possible that someone is abusing our system to compile a list of doctors in several states willing to prescribe Subutex, to later exploit?

Abuse of our free service in this way discourages doctors from using it. Because of this kind of abuse there are already some doctors who no longer respond to people looking solely for Subutex. This hurts the people who have genuine adverse reactions to naloxone and need it. Regardless, if after 300 physician connections, the person still has not accepted treatment from one of them, then I’m afraid our system isn’t for them. However, if our anti-abuse tactics inadvertently closed an account that shouldn’t have been, we are sorry and remind you that there are many other ways to find treatment (which we automatically email to everyone who registers) here are the other methods: http://www.naabt.org/tl/buprenorphine-s ... atment.cfm

Abuse of buprenorphine is being closely watched by the government and if they can show it is becoming a problem we risk buprenorphine being rescheduled to a schedule II medication. That may seem like an insignificant technicality, but it means that doctors could no longer prescribe it for addiction and the only way to get treatment would be through Narcotic Treatment Programs (methadone clinics) which often involves daily trips to the clinic, witnessed dosing, and observed random urine testing. To avoid this we all need to do our part to limit abuse and diversion. Our part is to not allow our system be hijacked for purposes of abuse. For anyone reading, please do your part by locking up your medication so there is no way anyone can gain access to it. I’ve heard accounts of medication vanishing after a serviceman used the bathroom, or even friends and family. The safe thing is to lock them up. :)

As far as the offensive astro-turfing accusation, you are just plain wrong. What is your motivation to accuse us of this? Do you think all recipients of an unrestricted educational grant are corrupt? Is there some information we provide that you feel is incorrect or misleading? If so, what? Why wouldn’t we ask the only manufacturer of a buprenorphine product for addiction (at the time) to help support our educational efforts?

Let’s suppose for a minute, that you were in our shoes back in 2005, when there were only 3000 physicians able to prescribe buprenorphine and all were limited to only 30 patients. Physicians had long waiting lists and patients were actually dying while waiting for treatment. Meanwhile, a doctor across town had just been certified and was able to help, but the patient had no way of knowing this. Now suppose you had an idea for a system that allowed patients to reach out for help 24/7 anonymously, and alert all eligible doctors near them instantly, but would be expensive to develop, launch and promote. What would you do? We asked for and received private donations from patients, doctors, and family members, but it wasn’t enough. Wouldn’t we have been remiss if we didn’t ask the pharmaceutical company for help? This kind of help comes in the form of an “unrestricted educational grant” where the grantor has no control over how the grant is used. Again, what would you have done?

The grant helped enable us to create the matching system, offer it free to both patients and doctors, and promote it and the educational material. Thousands of people have used the matching system and millions have downloaded educational materials. Hundreds of doctor offices, pharmacies and counselors use our materials to help educate their patients so that they have the most successful treatment possible. To assume that everyone who asks for and accepts a donation from a big company is suddenly corrupt, is just plain wrong. What would you have done differently? :?:

Timothy L.
www.NAABT.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Timothy, and thanks for your reply.

Nowhere did I suggest NAABT were at all corrupt. Astroturfing, as far as I know, is not illegal. Through my time on this forum I've come to realise that NAABT serves a really useful purpose to people seeking Suboxone treatment. If you found my suggestion at all critical, it was not meant to be. I believe organisations created for the purpose of PR are not by nature corrupt nor biased. On the spectrum of such organisations, NAABT appears relatively benign, and definitely an asset to the field of opioid replacement therapy.

I also gotta emphasise that while I'm a moderator on this board, any comments or posts I make aren't representative of suboxforum. My role is only to assist in the smooth running of the place and that's all. Any comments I make represent my views alone, and by and large all members of this forum are aware of that.

I'm not critical of you receiving any educational grant from Reckitt Benckiser, as organisations such as yourself need to get your money from somewhere. While I do believe it can be difficult for any organisation who gains a large slice of their money from a pharmaceutical company to remain impartial and unbiased in their information, NAABT (as well as the "My Treatment My Choice" campaign in my country) do for the most part achieves a good balance. I've always respected that you provide pro's and con's for treatments other than buprenorphine like methadone and detox.

However the idea that any "grant" from a company is completely no-strings-attached is far fetched, especially if the majority of funding comes from one source. It's like saying a majority stake-holder in a company has no influence over a company's direction. If your website started publishing data and opinions that portrayed Suboxone in a negative light, your funding would be pulled. That fact in itself shows the extent of influence of those who hold NAABT's purse strings. I really doubt those in your organisation would be foolish enough to bite the hand that feeds you. Hence why your organisation focuses on the propogation of Suboxone treatment, while relatively neglecting a means for people to find providers of methadone, LAAM, naltrexone..

Thanks,

tj.

Post subject: NAABT is PATHETIC!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Once more, this site has proved me RIGHT on the money! I decided to work beyond my frustration and give it another shot. So, I created another account - with my pertinent information. I basically stated that I was allergic to naloxone. I also made an account for a very close friend of mine who is practically illiterate. This gentleman has problems doing things that you and I take for granted. He is sensitive to naloxone. Also, due to his condition, his Family Physician recommends that any addiction treatment that he undergo be absent the component naloxone. I am not completely sure why, but I do know that he has a letter from his Doc. Nonetheless, these accounts #1072212 and #1072213 were created. After only a few short hours, they were removed. No emails stating why, no explanations, nothing.

Thus, I am convinced, as are quite a few more people, that NAABT, although it does continue to help some people, has NO place for those with special conditions, allergic reactions, or who have financial difficulties mandating that they utilize Buprenorphine ONLY. It is merely a site set up as a brown-nosing trophy, or coat of arms for R.B. and part of their marketing machine. I will blast this site whenever I get the opportunity, and when an opportunity does not exist, I will create one. I am going to make it a personal goal of mine, a vendetta as so to speak, to put this information on every forum, blog, and web-site that I can. I want the public to know what is going on. I have done NOTHING wrong and have NO alterior motive, or hidden agenda behind creating a stupid account. The only way that I will NOT do these actions, out of bitterness and anger, is if Mr. Lepak agrees to allow me to create my NAABT account and leave it alone. I hate to keep griping and moaning, but it is my only venue to perhaps get the attention of addicts world-wide and maybe get something done. Thank you everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmmm, that's odd. Are you creating these accounts from the same computer? Maybe there is something in your IP address, or something technical that is causing your accounts to be closed. I don't know much about the tech side of things.

Can you try just creating a new account with a different name or something, and wait a few days before you mention anything about your allergy to naloxone? That way, if they close it again, you will know it's not because you are mentioning some kind of problem.

Just a few thoughts I thought might help. Sorry you are having such a hard time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There are alot of postings on that forum in which people complain of being allergic/sensitive to Naloxone. There are also people talking about being on a generic form of burenorphine. These postings are readily available for everyone to read. And no, I am not affiliated with NAABT. Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As a moderator of this forum, the only reason a new account would be closed that I can think of would be if someone was previously banned and they tried to get around it technically and create a new account. If that were the case, then the new account would be deactivated.

Now, as for this thread, if it's only purpose is to work on your vendetta against NAABT and/or Addiction Survivors, that's not an appropriate use of our forum. We're here to support and provide information to each other about addiction, suboxone, etc.

I'm sorry that you're upset and we're glad to have you join our forum for your addiction support needs. But let's leave the forum-bashing behind and move forward, shall we?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
As a moderator of this forum, the only reason a new account would be closed that I can think of would be if someone was previously banned and they tried to get around it technically and create a new account. If that were the case, then the new account would be deactivated.

Now, as for this thread, if it's only purpose is to work on your vendetta against NAABT and/or Addiction Survivors, that's not an appropriate use of our forum. We're here to support and provide information to each other about addiction, suboxone, etc.

I'm sorry that you're upset and we're glad to have you join our forum for your addiction support needs. But let's leave the forum-bashing behind and move forward, shall we?

Yeah, I guess I was banned - but I had never been disrespectful, used foul language. My "bio" information was always kept short and objective. When every single account I made started being deleted, I felt disrespected. You are right, this forum is to provide information. That is precisely what I am doing. I feel that people need to know to be careful when they indicate that they are allergic to naloxone. Because when you do so, for whatever reason, someone feels threatened. As far as forum bashing, I think that's a bit dramatic, as of yet. Finally, it is impossible to "move forward" as you asserted, when everyone else is on the bus that you are trying so hard to get aboard; but instead just continually get thrown under it. So frankly I really don't need a reprimand from anyone. I would, instead, like answers. It gets un-nerving when you spend countless hours calling different physicians and clinics. I know, I know, we all have done that at one point, but I am being handicapped without any reason, and with no explanation. I guess i'll remain standing here, like an idiot - on the corner of "Reach Out & Recovery" and watch all of the other happy passers-by move forward. You folks enjoy your day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

They could have also banned the IP range that your provider falls into. normally sites don't do wildcard bans because you can get a whole area of people (big city or entire County/parish) by using a wildcard ban on IP (like banning 207.203.*.* would ban the range of addy's from 207.203.0.1 to 207.203.254.254). That's a lot of people in that range.

Another thing would be the settings on the site that catch spam. If you create an account, then create another account from the same IP, it triggers the spam filter in the site because you are registering nicks from the same IP address. Register one nick and that's it...it you need to set one up for a friend, wait a while then go to his house so you aren't on the same IP.

But you can't focus on that, like hat said.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looks like our friend Tim XXXX(Edited for anonymity), Mr "I have no affiliation with RB", has in fact registered numerous URLS and is the site admin for some of Reckitt's own websites! If that's not an indication he's not an RB employee, I don't know what is.

Quote:
Domain ID:D106388958-LROR
Domain Name:READYFORHELPNOW.ORG
Created On:19-May-2005 19:10:35 UTC
Last Updated On:04-Apr-2012 02:50:55 UTC
Expiration Date:19-May-2013 19:10:35 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Melbourne IT, Ltd (R52-LROR)
Registrant ID:B129938593091361
Registrant Name:Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Registrant Organization:Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Registrant Street1:10710 Midlothian Turnpike
Registrant Street2:Suite 430
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Richmond
Registrant State/Province:Virginia
Registrant Postal Code:23235
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8608742448
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.8043791215
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:tim.XXXXX@comcast.net(edited for anonymity)

[web]http://whois.domaintools.com/readyforhelpnow.org[/web]
Ready for help now redirects to: http://www.turntohelp.com/

And more:

Quote:
Domain ID:D104461446-LROR
Domain Domain Name:HEROIN-DEPENDENCE.ORG
Created:25-May-2004 22:09:42 UTC
Updated:04-Apr-2012 01:44:10 UTC
Expires:25-May-2013 22:09:42 UTC
Registrar:Melbourne IT, Ltd (R52-LROR)
Domain Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:B129938306043190
Registrant Domain Name:Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone:+1.8043791090
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:tim.xxxxx@comcast.net

Quote:
Domain ID:D104461381-LROR
Domain Domain Name:OPIATE-DEPENDENCE.ORG
Created:25-May-2004 21:46:30 UTC
Updated:04-Apr-2012 02:28:46 UTC
Expires:25-May-2013 21:46:30 UTC
Registrar:Melbourne IT, Ltd (R52-LROR)
Domain Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:B129938704992578
Registrant Domain Name:Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone:+1.8043791090
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:tim.xxxx@comcast.net]

There are so many more sites Mr. XXXXXregistered in the name of Reckitt Benckiser.

I don't mean to "cause trouble". I just can't stand it when people insult our intelligence as recovering addicts. We've come from a world where we've been forced to hone our skills in detecting bullshit to prevent getting ripped off, and then some group of PR / pharma reps come along and expect us to be completely naive, stupid and devoid of cynicism, and believe that their motives are completely pure and charitable, that they're promoting a product and furthering the commercial interests of a company out of the kindness of their hearts?

It's about time NAABT were honest about their origins, because as it stands, their stories have lost them a lot of respect in the online recovering addict community. I know for me personally, if NAABT came out and were completely honest about their origins, I would hold them much more regard than I do right now.

I mean, how stupid do they think we really are?

I would encourage people to visit those domain whois records for yourselves in the next few days. I wouldn't be surprised if they were altered.

One more finding? :

Quote:
Buprenorphine in the Treatment of Opioid Addiction: Reassessment 2010 
SAMHSA/NIDA Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships

Mark Kraus  Honorarium – Speaker for Reckitt Benckiser 
Honorarium – Independent Contractor for Reckitt Benckiser 
Honorarium – Speaker for Pfizer 
Colleen LaBelle  Honorarium – Speaker for Reckitt Benckiser 
Michael Lardiere  None 
Timothy XXXXXHonorarium – Educating Grant, website for Reckitt Benckiser 

(referring to NAABT)

[web]http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns/2010_presentations_pdf/Disclosures_508.pdf[/web]

I'd been sitting on that information for a long time, but as I was moderator thought it wouldn't be appropriate. I do think this is important information for those recovering from Suboxone addiction.

****I've edited this post to remove Tim's last name from this post. EVERYONE here values their anonymity. THAT INCLUDES ALL OF US. Just because TJ knows how to access those who have registered a domain name, doesn't mean it's appropriate to post it on an anonymous addiction forum!! Please respect others anonymity as you would your own. And STOP POSTING PEOPLE'S LAST NAMES. These posts on SuboxForum end up going on to others' blogs, as many of you may already know. So everything on this forum ends up ALL OVER THE INTERNET. Do you realize what you are doing to this person's privacy??? - Hatmaker

Post subject: Wow tj
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey tearj3rker, I didn't get why u were kinda pokin that dude before but now that sure explains it. Just wow

Thanks for posting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tearj3rker,
Why are you so angry with me? Exactly what are you accusing me of? I really don’t know what you think you are uncovering, but I’ve explained the origins of NAABT earlier but here it is again (below) Early on when I first learned about the remarkable attributes of buprenorphine and the general lack of understanding of addiction on the web I bought many, many domain names, not knowing which ones would be best to get the word out, and hoping I could sell or trade some. Some have been sold some have been given away, some I still have. RB was among those who received some of the domains. After a domain is transferred I have no way of altering any of the previous information. I don’t work for RB and NAABT is completely independent, as I’ve stated repeatedly.

We are not required to divulge who any of our donors are, we decided to do it for openness, but I’m starting to see why the others have not.

Tim

NAABT.org wrote:
NAABT History

NAABT, Inc.

In the late 90s a very close friend of mine was addicted to opioids and was headed toward death. He had tried all forms of rehab and nothing worked, at least not long term. In 1998 he was able to enroll in a pre-FDA buprenorphine study at Yale, and it saved his life. I was amazed at how quickly he turned his life around and thought once bupe became FDA approved it would change addiction treatment forever. When it was approved in 2002 it was slow to catch on, few doctors were trained, many were skeptical, stigma was high, competing treatments raised questions, and the result was people were dieing while this treatment remained virtually unknown. Myself, Nancy, a graphic designer, and Kathleen, a buprenorphine research nurse from Yale, started to spread the word by the web and speaking to groups.

We soon realized we could reach more people, and provide more help with more financial resources. So about a year after starting our outreach we approached Reckitt Benckiser, since they were the only manufacturer of a buprenorphine product for opioid addiction. They agreed to help support our efforts with an “unrestricted educational grant”, and we are very grateful to them. This allowed us to create a more comprehensive resource and publicize it. Since then, Kathleen and Nancy are no longer directly associated with NAABT, Inc. Kathleen works at Yale full time and Nancy runs a small advertising agency and volunteers at www.AddictionSurvivors.org an independent online peer support community that does not receive any funding from any companies.

We were worried some people who didn’t know what an “unrestricted educational grant” was, would think we worked for the pharmaceutical company because we accepted a grant, but felt the site would speak for itself and we would reach many more people than we otherwise could. RB is not the only contributor, Alkermes Inc, the maker of Vivitrol has been a contributor along with several gracious physicians who use the matching service, and of course several patients and their loved ones who have been touched by addiction and saved in part by buprenorphine and the service we provide, Google, Inc. has provided a grant as well. These donations make the matching system possible. www.TreatmentMatch.org It has connected over 35,000 patients to treatment that have been unable to find treatment by calling doctors. It also allows us to create public service announcements, promote the site, create, print and mail educational materials. There have been over 4.8 million visitors to the NAABT site, looking for lifesaving information for themselves or a loved one, with over 1,000,000 downloads of the educational material.

Contributions from pharmaceutical companies are in the form of “unrestricted educational grants” it is illegal for them to influence or control what we do with the funds. They are not at all involved in NAABT’s mission or how we use the grant.
We don’t promote the use of any medication only provide information from the available body of evidence.

More information about NAABT can be found at www.naabt.org/about_us.cfm
Our Public service announcements can be seen at www.naabt.org/audio_files.cfm

Tim
NAABT, Inc.

Highwayman,
I’m sorry that our service didn’t work out for you, but you are clearly expecting something it is not. Your multiple accounts received over 300 physician responses. It’s designed to help a patient find a doctor who has openings which it did for you over 300 times. Clearly you feel entitled to something more from our free service that it isn’t designed to provide. Please do not use our system as its clear it will not meet your expectation. I wish you were not so angry we tried to help please see the link in my earlier post for alternative ways to find treatment.

tearj3rker wrote:
However the idea that any "grant" from a company is completely no-strings-attached is far fetched, especially if the majority of funding comes from one source.... If your website started publishing data and opinions that portrayed Suboxone in a negative light, your funding would be pulled. That fact in itself shows the extent of influence of those who hold NAABT's purse strings.

I learned about buprenorphine and wanted to get the word out about it before I ever heard of RB. My support for bupe education developed totally independent of any RB influence. If you are saying that RB would never have provided donations if we were a site posting misinformation about buprenorphine, then I agree. But the fact that the evidence surrounding a lifesaving treatment is primarily positive, and that the manufacturer benefits and agrees with the evidence, doesn't mean that they have influence over what we say. I'm sure if the company didn't agree with our point of view, they would have had no interest in contributing. But that's not to say our point of view is contingent on theirs. Our point of view remains consistent with the current body of evidence and will only change if it does. Last year RB informed us that they would no longer be providing further educational grants to NAABT. Nothing changed. Our message remained the same, we continued to provide the same educational information just as we did when we were receiving contributions, and before we were receiving contributions. The information we provide is evidence-based not donor-based. If I am able to secure an educational grant from others the evidence-based standard will not change then either.

Here's a test of our integrity and evidence that our info isn't biased toward a donor; NAABT also has a site for alcohol addiction, see if you can tell which company provided the majority of funding for it. www.AlcoholAnswers.org –you’ll see that no pharmaceutical is highlighted over others and the information provided is evidence-based not donor-based. With several possible companies (instead of just 1 as with bupe) its harder to make a claim of bias.

Does anybody have any objections about the actual educational content of NAABT.org? Is there something you feel is misleading, dishonest, or incorrect?

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The thing that doesn't make sense in my equation ... is that, unless you are on welfare, the food on your dinner table comes from some kind of company or companies. If your organisation completely impartial, and there was new negative evidence surrounding one of the medications your sites, you would surely be apprehensive to post that information. Only a fool would bite the hand that feeds them.

I do question whether your setting up of Alcohol Answers has anything to do with the funding you receive from Alkermes, the makers of Vivitrol. While your listing of all the medications is balanced, even moreso than NAABT was for buprenorphine, and Vivitrol doesn't feature much more prominently than say Campral or Antabuse. However, a site like Alcohol Answers (and NAABT) does serve the purpose of creating awareness of medical options, and helping people with addiction issues get medical assistance through the, which in turn leads to more people going to the doctor and walking out with prescriptions for medication like Vivitrol. NAABT and Alcohol Answers, and other such sites, do serve a purpose for the companies that fund you by creating more patients, thus creating more revenue for the companies.

I remember you mentioning a while ago that you received funding from Alkermes, and I always found it weird given Vivitrol was hardly mentioned on NAABT. Now I see Alcohol Answers it kinda makes sense.

Regardless it looks to me NAABT is as close as a company can get to a win win kinda situation. People get educated about addiction = win. People find avenues to get medical assistance = win. People learn about different ways to treat addiction = win. You receive funding from pharmaceutical companies thus putting food on your table = win. Companies that fund you get more sales = win.

The only real loss is in staying completely objective at all times. You do a pretty good job of it so far. Maybe there's yet to be a scenario where NAABT has been tested in this way. Say (hypothetical) evidence emerged Vivitrol caused delayed onset tissue necrosis (does that even exist?) ... would you warn visitors to the site, and advise them to steer clear of Vivitrol until further research is done, even if Alkermes urged otherwise?

I apologise if I'm being at all cynical, but you surely must have noticed some kind of business opportunity in creating NAABT. Everybody needs to be fed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
****I've edited this post to remove Tim's last name from this post. EVERYONE here values their anonymity. THAT INCLUDES ALL OF US. Just because TJ knows how to access those who have registered a domain name, doesn't mean it's appropriate to post it on an anonymous addiction forum!! Please respect others anonymity as you would your own. And STOP POSTING PEOPLE'S LAST NAMES. These posts on SuboxForum end up going on to others' blogs, as many of you may already know. So everything on this forum ends up ALL OVER THE INTERNET. Do you realize what you are doing to this person's privacy??? - Hatmaker

That's fair enough hatmaker. Except he's not an anonymous figure on this board. He's signed his posts on this board "Timothy P XXXXX" more than once. There are interviews all over the place online that feature his full name, and his name features on NAABT newsletters.

****I've again edited this to remove Tim's last name. Wherever he puts his last name is fine in other areas. THIS is an anonymous forum and placing last names here isn't right. You guys wouldn't want someone posting your information if they happened to locate it online in some other place, would you? I sure as hell wouldn't like that. Hatmaker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tim, you have fell and bumped your head. I'm not the only person that uses the computers at my present location to access various 'addiction sites/forums, etc.'. I have NEVER received replies from 300 Doctors. Now, maybe there are others who have been successful setting up their accounts from these computers, but i'm not one of them. As of now, I am over it. Everyone is right, it is really nothing for me to get upset about. I am glad, however, that you have been caught up - like a fish in a trot line - you flail back and forth uselessly, you are hooked! The truth of your affiliations have been brought to surface and I think it is hilarious. It says a lot about your character too. I guess even you....Tim Tim....must now admit that your hands lack the scars of hard-driven nails and you are not adorned with a crown of thorns.