It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I'm here! As I said we hired my aunt's ex-husband to drive my van out. We told him we'd pay all expenses, a plane ticket back and $100 a day. He got in Thursday for a total of 3 days of driving but is staying until Monday to see his son who also happens to live here. When my husband gave him $300 he threw a fit and said he expected $600, WTF? We said he could stay with his son however long he wanted, why would he think we would pay him to hang out with his son? What if he stayed 10 days? Would he think we'd pay him $1,300? I can't believe how crooked some people are. Well it wound up costing an extra $100.

I also have a insane fear of flying. No matter how ridiculous I tell myself it is, I still freak out. I was especially freaking because of having my kids on the plane. So my Dr gave me a 2mg Ativan to take 1 hour prior to the flight. He said it may make me a bit drowsy but I'd be ok to take care of my kids. I don't know if it was intensified from lack of sleep but I was so out of it! I couldn't physically keep my eyes open and kept nodding out. It lasted all day and night. I can't imagine what the people on the plane must have thought I was on. I have zero experience with benzos and did not expect to get hit so hard.

Then on our 2 1/2 hour drive from the airport to our house my daughter puked all over herself and the van. The last lovely part was we got in at night to find the heater wasn't working. Luckily it was a mild winter evening but we all still froze our butts off. I can not think of any other time in my life so many things have gone wrong.

On a positive note, the kids and I are back with my husband. Our new house is gorgeous and it is beautiful here. I had my morning coffee while looking at the most beautiful view I've ever seen sitting out on my back deck. I think I am gonna like it here, I feel very calm and relaxed. The people here are extremely kind, definately not the like the people in Arizona that don't have the time of day for their fellow man.

Thanks to everyone that's listened to all the bitching I've been doing. I've finally got my Christmas tree up and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all, I hope you have a holiday full of love and happiness!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY Breezy! I'm so glad to hear you made it thru the worst of it - SAFE AND SOUND! That's the most important thing. And now you can relax and enjoy your entire family and the holidays. I'm so happy for you. Happy Holidays!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: BREEZY
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:49 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Breezy_Ann wrote:
Well I'm here! As I said we hired my aunt's ex-husband to drive my van out. We told him we'd pay all expenses, a plane ticket back and $100 a day. He got in Thursday for a total of 3 days of driving but is staying until Monday to see his son who also happens to live here. When my husband gave him $300 he threw a fit and said he expected $600, WTF? We said he could stay with his son however long he wanted, why would he think we would pay him to hang out with his son? What if he stayed 10 days? Would he think we'd pay him $1,300? I can't believe how crooked some people are. Well it wound up costing an extra $100.

I also have a insane fear of flying. No matter how ridiculous I tell myself it is, I still freak out. I was especially freaking because of having my kids on the plane. So my Dr gave me a 2mg Ativan to take 1 hour prior to the flight. He said it may make me a bit drowsy but I'd be ok to take care of my kids. I don't know if it was intensified from lack of sleep but I was so out of it! I couldn't physically keep my eyes open and kept nodding out. It lasted all day and night. I can't imagine what the people on the plane must have thought I was on. I have zero experience with benzos and did not expect to get hit so hard.

Then on our 2 1/2 hour drive from the airport to our house my daughter puked all over herself and the van. The last lovely part was we got in at night to find the heater wasn't working. Luckily it was a mild winter evening but we all still froze our butts off. I can not think of any other time in my life so many things have gone wrong.

On a positive note, the kids and I are back with my husband. Our new house is gorgeous and it is beautiful here. I had my morning coffee while looking at the most beautiful view I've ever seen sitting out on my back deck. I think I am gonna like it here, I feel very calm and relaxed. The people here are extremely kind, definately not the like the people in Arizona that don't have the time of day for their fellow man.

Thanks to everyone that's listened to all the bitching I've been doing. I've finally got my Christmas tree up and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all, I hope you have a holiday full of love and happiness!

I am sooo glad you got there safe and sound...I can't believe you found your coffee maker so fast but good or you...your home sounds beautiful and I too think that area is beautiful...I have a question...are you still on sub..if so are you going to have to find a new sub doc??? will that be a problem for you with all the other things you have to do??? well Ihope not!!

People in the south are different from everywhere else...I think they are much nicer thats just my opinion....

after Christmas and when you get settled i you must go to Ashville and see the
Biltmore Estate it is quite a castle and you wonder how he built that inthat era...with no roads and just a lot of woods etc...
also the beaches are beautiful we especially enjoyed Myrtle
beach when we visited there....Merry
Christmas to you and your family............love, Slipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I love only horror and Action movies.