It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: motility blues....
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry to start a new thread on the subject of constipation. But I didn't want to get lost in the shuffle. Night of induction I crapped myself dry in about 2 hours when the PW hit. After that occasional runs of all water. Soon I noticed that despite that squeezing feeling inside, which normally announces there's a package due any second, nothing was happening. In 5 days now, barely a passage of wind, though I have had some...

Basically crickets in there, except for the occasional false alarm "ready to crap" feeling.

I know this isn't a blockage otherwise there'd be no "trumpet toots" at all I think, I have No pain, no nausea, etc

I'm trying the water thing, eating prunes, stool softeners. Nothing. I'm about to go all medieval on myself
with a suppository. But worried it might just make me sick if doesn't work. I think it's called motility, the muscle contractions that move things along. I have that it seems, partly anyway..but not enough to get things done.

Anyone else had this particular symptom...the feeling without the package delivery? Would be comforting if someone has, so I know I'm not going to die, or turn all green and yellow, or something else terrible. :)

Post subject: Re: motility blues....
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 am 

I take a fleet suppository every time I get "backed up" lol. It's actually the only thing that helps me when I get to that point of no return. It doesn't make me sick or cramp at all.

What works for some may not work for another. This topic has been talked about a lot here lol and everyone says something different that works for them.....but suppository...that's mine :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Jennifer. I actually bought the enema thing too just in case. I walked out of the drug store with around 30 bucks worth of meds and various torture devices. But I'm having a hard time with the whole enema concept. Looks to me like you've got to be some sort of gymnasts. Yikes. :D

Still, if I have to I have to. I know it's a tedious subject. I thought I was immune to getting constipated since
I never had any trouble while on hard core opiates.. But obviously bupe's a different story. It shut me down almost as if someone had turned a faucet. Just like that basically. Kind of disconcerting, you know?

Best,
G.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 am 

Good morning All, Warm and fuzzy topic to start the day with! lol I drink a glas of apple juice as fast as I can and head to the bathroom. Works like a charm for me when I need it, which is maybe two or three times per year. Always have been a very regular person in this area...unless traveling! Then, all bets are off! My whole body hates change. When traveling, my hair is different, my skin is different, digestive system gets crazy! Sorry for so much personal detail...but it is the topic! Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:48 pm 

Yes Michelle! Apple sauce works great for me also :) obviously apples have a certain something that gets ya moving.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm 

Have no fear, your body will adjust in time to this change too. What has always worked for me, both during my intense opiate abuse period and now Suboxone, is a large dose of fiber. A Metamucil generic in teaspoon doses. After lunch I put 2 heaping tablespoons in a large glass of water or juice and follow it by another large glass of water. It not only helps the bowels keep clean but also cleanses the bladder due to the large amount of liquid ingested after my meal. Been doing this for close to 40 years now. There have been times where I quit taking it and my bowels were still normal. Mostly due to being on Suboxone so long. (almost 6 years)

That's my 2ยข worth.

r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

"Here I sit, all broken hearted. I came to shit, but only farted."

I finally got things going, so to speak, with an overnight laxative and Colase (a stool softener). I ended up having to run to the bathroom frequently, but I feel so much better today.

Here's hoping things get moving in the right direction for you soon!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:57 pm 

Things always work out in (the end).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi Godfrey,

I think many people including myself get backed up when they start a new medication. Suboxone had me that way for several months. However, it just stopped being a problem. My body adjusted to the medication . I think this will happen to you too. BUT...in the mean time, i would suggest doing exercise or yoga. That seems to get things moving in the right direction for me. And i take a tablespoon of Flax oil to help with motility when needed.

You are not alone in this . I think we have all experienced this and I hope your body will adjust soon for you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks all,

Turns out I didn't even need the suppository. I tried the stool softener route and that did the trick within about 24 hours. Next time I won't take 3 though. 2 should do it.

The meta-question I have is why am I...and most addicts I know...such catastrophists. in this case I knew bupe was notorious for causing constipation, but I have to go ahead and worry about a blockage. Such a waste of energy !!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:34 pm 

Chuckle, Godfrey. You made me smile. Such catastrophists!

I have to admit that whenever I see the title of this thread I automatically think of sperm. Sorry!! That's just what pops into my head.

In any case, I'm glad you found what works for you. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Heh Amy. Now you made me laugh 8)

Good to laugh. Healthy. The hell with worry.