It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:39 pm 

Yes Maya, you should be able to drop down 1 mg w/o any difficulty. At least I did it okay. From 3-2 may be hard. Do it more like 3 to 2½ and then after a week or two you can drop down to 2 mg's.

Do you all realize how old this thread is? Look at the first post's date. It's almost 5 years old. Funny how these old one's get reposted. If the information is good, then the thread doesn't matter how old it is.

r

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:47 pm 

I can't believe I just saw this topic lol. Ok so about three yrs ago I noticed that every time I would wake up in the morning, I'd be so stiff and hurt to walk through the house. After an hr I'd be bk to normal. I always figured.....so this is what my mom was talking about when u get old lol. Honestly I never thought it could be because sub. That's wild to me but it makes perfect sense cause it all started when I started sub. It also felt like my hip was all screwed up too when I first moved in the morning.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd deal with stiff achy muscles any day over using and doing pills every day. So I guess I'll be walking around like a weird lookin robot in the morning lol cause I'd much rather have that than the alternative to no sub. I'm so glad to know its maybe not because I'm the oldest 38 yr old in the world :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

LOL!!!! No it's totally the sub! especially now that others have experienced it too and for me it started right when I started sub. LIke you said, give me the sub any day over the alternative...I will deal with it. But I feel like a little old lady too and I'm 37 lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

You guys do not know what a relief this is! I have been dealing with this worsening condition for about a week now. I’ve always been able to pop a lot of pills and pick up a sub or 2 to get through the worst of it (that’s all I’ve ever really needed, I don’t need a maintenance dose). I ended up liking the subs more than pills as the high would last longer. Long story short, I was in withdrawal and was tired of looking for subs so I fessed up to my doc and she gave me a referral for a sub doc.

About 2 weeks into treatment I started to feel pain in my right knee in the morning. I attributed the pain to the issues I have with it (ligaments need some repairs) and didn’t think much about it. Next morning I woke up feeling it in BOTH knees. I attributed that pain to a hard mountain bike run I had the night before. The next day I woke up with my right hand and both knees in severe pain. I attributed THAT pain to some plumbing I was doing (a lot of gripping) the day before. The next morning both knees were EXTREMELY stiff and sore and I had to start bending them before I could stand up. Both hands were sore and I had to open and close them slowly too. I, of course, emailed the sub doc who said, of course, this wasn’t a symptom blah blah and to get some tests done from my doc. I then starting stretching at night and started feeling tendon pain in the ankles, like if I were to fold forward anymore I would rip one. The next night It felt like my ankles and knees were swollen and stiff. Once again, when I woke up, everything was stiff and beyond sore. It seems as if it’s spreading each day/night. Now when I sleep I can feel pain on the side I’m sleeping on and in my hips. To the point that I am laying on the other side now.

I bike hard in traffic to and from work (about 7 miles each way), go to the gym and lift weights (seems to help some), and am generally active. I am 38 going on 90. The first time I got subs I took 4 strips (8/2) just to get high and be stupid. I would do that for a few days and then drop down to 2 strips or so. Today I took about 1 strip. I am going to CT this junk, I just opened each packet up and dumped them in the toilet at work, as the pain I feel from it just isn’t worth it. Not to mention the sores and inflammation in my mouth. To me, I would rather suffer WD for a week or two, than deal with this. It’s just not worth it to me. I don’t need to keep running from a week long flu with the runs and sweats and moodiness. I’ll pay my price to the piper and be done with it. I grabbed some gabapentin, which has worked wonders in the past for me, use that for a few days and then just stop. I feel like my doc is full of shit as she has published articles about methadone and Suboxone in several medical journals, so you’d think she would know better than to just blow me off and tell me to get tests for arthritis. I am ready to go back to my appointment and tell her I am completely off of subs and that the severe joint pain is a thing of the past. These docs, whether they are pill mill type docs, or part of a top research university, are nothing but money makers in my opinion. Sure, there are good ones out there that really care about the patient and will disregard what the pharma company is saying and listen to real patients and their real issues, but so many just don’t care it seems. And I’m not saying Suboxone isn’t a necessary tool for a lot of people with true addiction, but if a patient has issues with a certain drug, then the doctor should look into it and offer alternatives until the right medication is found. It’s like a doctor giving a patient medication for high blood pressure but the patient has too many issues with it and the doc saying “well, go get some tests from a different doctor about those.” That wouldn’t happen. The doc would find a medication that works and has less side effects for that individual. Sigh.

In the end, it is 100% my fault for messing with pills and Suboxone so I have no one else to blame but myself but it sure seems odd that there are more than a few people that experience this debilitating joint pain and the medical community doesn’t believe it has anything to do with Suboxone. I am glad I stumbled across your posts! And even more glad that I am not crazy!!! Ha!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Chris

I have rheumatoid arthritis & thought it was progressing until my insurance changed what they will pay for & i had to get zubsolv. I noticed within about a week that my stiffness was getting better in the mornings and the knee pain was much less. Told my doctor & he said that's not a side effect, even showing me on the website for providers. Told him that they need to add it then :D because it surly is a side effect!

In my case it must be something in the sub films because i am 75% better and the pain is lessening everyday on the zubsolv.

Sorry to hear so many of us are told this isn't an issue with suboxone.

Good Luck!

edit: If we patients send a quick email to the makers of the sub we are taking maybe they will look into it. I am going to do that & mention this thread so it's not just one person complaining. I never would have known it was sub if i never switched meds. I was exactly like Maya...a cripple with my ankles & knee's & elbows every morning. Walking like i was 100. It did ease up but it remained painful all day until i switched.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys . I'm new to the site and it's been a huge relief to see I'm not alone. I have been taking Suboxone film for about 5 months now. I started at one half strip and over time am now up to one and one half strip daily. Over the last few months I have had some troubling symptoms. The first symptom I noticed was numbness and tingling in my arms. Not Long after I would wake up with horrible joint pain and stiffness in my fingers. Usually the pain and stiffness will go away after getting up and moving around some. Now the last weeks I have been having painless muscle twitching all over mostly when I'm relaxed or going to bed.. I do notice it too when I'm up and about just not as much.. I hope someone can relate to what I'm going thru and hope to hear from y'all soon.. Amanda

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Guys! I can totally relate to both of you!! As stated earlier, I decided to just stop taking the subs. I know you're not supposed to CT this stuff but knowing that I wouldn't die from it, I just stopped. The WD didn't kick in for a few days and when they did, they really were not that bad (I jumped from an average of 8mg-12mg a day). I was expecting more. The side effects were affecting my life much more than the 5-7 day WD. I don't get swelling at night anymore and the joint pain/tingling/numbness is gone as well. The hardest part of the WD was the first 2 days. The joint and nerve pain intensified but then slowly left. For me, the side effects were not worth it. I would never want to be on Suboxone long term. Everyone is different and I am in no way saying that it's a bad medication or doesn't help with addiction, it has it's place.

I would agree that it could be the binders or fillers in the Suboxone brand that our bodies do not like but I am glad I am off of everything. Don't let the horror stories of WD scare you. If you have the will power to not abuse and are ready to stop, do it. I don't mean to stop CT (unless you want to), but start getting off this stuff. I know the pain you guys are talking about and I finally feel normal again. I LOVE waking up and not having to limp around or open and close my hands slowly. You guys are not alone and I know your pain!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:26 pm 

I would suggest trying to taper down to around 6 mg. When I was at 16 mg my hips and knees hurt. It wasn't unbearable and it was certainly better than the alternative, but I felt it. I decided to taper several years ago and the pain in my joints went away at 6 mg. That amount should still keep you from craving and being in withdrawal, so you probably should try it. However, if you start to have problems with cravings, go up to 8 mg. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Amy

P.S. It's not necessary to go all the way off sub to get relief. We are on sub for a very good reason. It's better to deal with a few side effects than to relapse.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:27 pm 

I want to add that Tiki, one of our frequent posters, changed from suboxone to zubsolv and it made a huge difference in her joint pain.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Today is day #2 of tapering down from one and a half 8mg strips to just one 8 mg strip. I'm sure I have not experienced any withdrawal symptoms because I still have plenty in my system.. I am happy to say that I have not been experiencing any twitching for the last 2 or 3 days but I contribute that to nerves as well as to much Suboxone in my system.. until I read through these forums I was so concerned that something really serious was going on with me . It has been nice hearing from all of you. Thanks for sharing your stories with me!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hang in there Abfabf27! I'm glad they went away for you. I seriously thought I was going crazy as my doc didn't believe the pain was caused by the Suboxone. I had the worst edema/swelling at night but didn't really find out until a Friday, I was working out hard most of the week so I was sweating a lot but Friday I didn't and then I got so swollen. That Saturday morning was soooo painful but the swelling was gone. I powered through it and worked out. By Saturday night the swelling came back, Sunday morning was even more painful than ever and then finally Sunday night I couldn't move due to swelling. I finally just stopped the suboxone and in a few days the swelling and pain went away. The WD kicked in and made the pain way more intense in the mornings coupled with the typical WD symptoms but that pain and swelling wasn't worth it. Finally I am back to normal. I still have some residual WD effects but it is what it is.

I'm glad you were able to taper and feel better. I tried cutting the does pretty small but it didn't seem to matter.

Suboxone is a miracle drug for most, especially if you have addiction, but for some, the side effects aren't worth it. That goes with any med I guess. I just wish doctors would listen more and be more empathetic rather than writing you off and saying your issues have NOTHING to do with Suboxone. Hopefully one day communication between doctors, patients, and pharma will get better but I just don't see that happening when money/profits are involved. Good luck to everyone! Please keep us posted on your journey so others can use your info and know they are not alone. That was the biggest fear...thinking I was the only one. I'm glad people are here sharing their experiences!