It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have been off subs for about 2 weeks. I have felt great in the mornings for all of the last 2 weeks. I also have continually felt better and better during the day to the point that I THINK I am normal and balanced again. But when the evenings come around I start feeling a bit agitated and restless. I find it hard to sit still and just watch tv of something. I am usually hanging around the house doing nothing at night which might contribute to this. Did anyone else experience this when they got off subs? if so, how long does it last? how long until I will feel as good at night as I do in the mornings? thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Livin!!

I have been off for 18 days today. I have RLS at night, which I take requip for. Are you taking any meds? I also take 1/2 of a .1 mg of clonodine before bed. I was very restless at night too. I know what you mean. I think it is getting better though. Do you exercise? If you can, try walking or doing something that will wipe you out. That way you can relax more. I think it takes time for everything to go back to normal, including your brain that gives the signals to your body on how to act. All of that has to heal. Remember, we worked our way up to opiate addiction. It wasn't like we just popped a crap load of pills the first time. So think about it like that. I know it sounds stupid, but I am sure that it will get better.

I also found it very healing to read a book about someone who suffered from addiction. I laughed, I felt bad, but I realized that we are not alone, and that something good can come out of all of this. If we are going to get better, we have to learn from what we have done. Hang in there!! You are already doing great! Keep us posted on your recovery!!

Stay strong and remember to breathe!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks for the response. Yes, I do take clonodine still at night but I cant take it until just before bed, otherwise I fall right asleep. I also exercise(about 40min on the treadmill) in the late afternoon which definitely helps a lot. Its when I am not exerciseing or taking clonodine and just lying on the couch watching tv that I start feeling this way. I do agree that its still early and my brain needs a lot more time to reboot and reach equilibrium but I just wanted to know if anyone felt this way and knew when it began to get better for them. I am still sooo happy off subs and feel so freakin good during the day that I would never even consider taking any to fix this. its very mild and easy to ignore.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah I was the same way when I jumped.... it's like when you wake up you get your juices flowin, enjoy the day being clean, then run out of good juice by day's end. Nights were the toughest for me too. I'd say by the end of the first month that issue had passed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thats great to hear. It has actually improved a lot in the last few days. t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am glad to hear a month is a good time frame to feel better. I am close to 3 weeks now. So, cool. Anxiety is getting better for me too. Glad to hear u r feeling better:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:32 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

how funny I feel better at night then in the day time... maybee cuz I work at home and think about it more, but night time is usually great for me ... then again I am the sleep whore I sleep so good :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

took a couple of weeks but I feel good at night now too