It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: More on the Film
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:08 pm 
I just went to RB's website Suboxone.com to look up something for another post, and the entire site is dedicated to the film. The tablets are only mentionned in terms of why they are inferior to the film. Then if you click on "already in treatment", it tells you that if you are switching from the tablets to the film you have to go through induction again. WTF? I can see maybe adjusting your dose - but reinduction? That sounds like a bit much.
Even if you click on the precribing information and read the PDF, it only covers the film - there is no prescribing info. for the tablets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My Dr. didn't make me do a reinduction and I don't have another appt for 2 months from my last one. He got the visit from the RB rep and if they told him that was necessary I'm sure he would have mentioned it. He did make sure I had his cell # in case I didn't like the film though.

Maybe RB is covering it's ass because the film absorbs better thus doses are stronger than they thought?

I overheard the pharmacist telling her crew that "THEY ARE MAKING THEM ALL SWITCH TO THIS NEW FILM etc..." that doesn't really mean anything though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I saw my doc and got the film the RB rep was actually right there at the time. No re-induction, just a switchover.
Also, the "Here-to-Help" program is all about the film, too. Every freakin' email from them is touting the wonders of that damn film. It's pushing it a little too hard if you ask me. I still think it's because they are thrilled to have a brand spankin' new patent. If they get everyone possible off the tablets, then they don't have to worry about someone finally marketing a new suboxone generic, which is possible right now with the patent having expired.

As for me and the film, I still think it's great how quickly it dissolves, but the longer I take it, the less I like the taste. It's so damn...medicinal and downright ICKY! I'm thinking about telling my doc I want to go back to the tablets. We'll see, I'm still hoping I'll get used to the taste. (Shudder...)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

yea i was just told im getting the films an wont see my dr for 2 months that was it. no biggie he said its the same thing just a new way of how its made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:41 pm 
I agree with you, Mel, it's all about the money. I just thought it was creepy that after being on the tabs for a year (I think tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary, yay!) and visiting the RB website many times, all of a sudden I go there and it's like the pills don't even exist. I also think it's ironic that the pharm tech just about went off on me for asking for the film, when others are getting it whether they like it or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

of course it's the money. The drug company doesn't give two shits about any of us, they are only concerned about making money, just like every pharmaceutical company on earth.

I don't have my next appointment until December, it will be interesting to see if my doctor suggests the film.

Hatmaker, do you notice any difference in how you feel on the film? As in, does it feel stronger?