It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: more sub....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just out of curiosity what would happen if ur maintained on 12mg sub and one day you took lets say double 24mg. would you feel awesume or u will feel nothing????? just wondering i never took more than i was prescribed in a day.... :? thks......

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:03 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

MES999 wrote:
Just out of curiosity what would happen if ur maintained on 12mg sub and one day you took lets say double 24mg. would you feel awesume or u will feel nothing????? just wondering i never took more than i was prescribed in a day.... :? thks......

According to the ceiling level you would most likely feel nothing because your receptors are already 100% full.
If it would make you feel awesome..then everybody would be taking more and more just like their drugs of choice..herion, hydrocodone, oxycontin.etc. But it would be such a high dose it might make you sick. This is just my opinion..I am no
Dr. or anyone that knows anymore about bup than the next person...so take it for what it is worth...just my take on it...

Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good question, I took more than my dose before and I felt ill. You would not be the first person to try this. Unfortunately/fortunately (for me) it worked against what I hoped. Good luck

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you're already on 12 mg and you double your dose one day, you might feel something, but chances are at that dose that you won't feel a thing. I take 16 mg most days (I take it for pain), but some days, few and far between, I need a third tablet in a day. When I take that extra one, I feel nothing.

However, in the beginning of my treatment (3+ years ago), I, too, tried to take extra to see what would happen. ONCE, exactly ONE time, I actually felt something (for about 5 minutes). Never again. And damn did I try!!! It was SO not worth trying to chase a high with my treatment drug, even if it was only for a very brief time.

So chances are even if you do feel something, it will be short-lived and won't happen again. At least that's my personal experience. But you damn certain aren't the first person to think about it or try it. Most of us have in the beginning of our treatment. It's almost a given.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.