It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So hi my name is Ryszard and I was on Suboxone for over 2 years. Last Friday i told my self no more i am so tired of it!!I have 2 kids 13 years old Eric (my big Angel) and my little Angel Nicholas! I have to do it!!I want my life back!! I don't want wake up every morning and first think about my film the about my kids!!I was on 16mg a day and today is Day#4 for me with no sub.
I use little Kratom to help me and looks like works little but not much and i have to work .(no easy now)Please help me with some other ideas what's help with the WD symptoms.
thank you all
Ryszard!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Clonidine is about the best medication to help with wd's, but seeing as you jumped from an enormously high dose, the Clonidine (nor hardly any other med) will be of much help.

The Kratom you're using isn't labelled as an opiate, but it activates opiate receptors, so it might as well be an opiate. By using the Kratom, you're pretty much using an opiate to get off an opiate, which doesn't really work.

If I were you, I'd get back on Suboxone and do a good taper. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Phew...ok, first let me say, damn! 16 mgs is a very very high dose to jump from. I jumped from 2 mgs and it was no picnic. It was doable, but not something I would never ever do again. I understand your wanting to be done with it all and asap. We all sort of want instant gratification. Is there any chance you would consider a taper plan? You will find many folks on here tapering and posting the process daily. It will make the jump much easier. I am not saying jumping at 16 mgs cant be done, it can, anything can be done if we want it bad enough. I will say, fasten your seatbelt, you are in for a hell of a ride.

Kratom works on the same receptors of the brain as opiods/opiates, so while it may help with the detox shittiness, it could possibly prolong it too. The quicker your brain heals by itself naturally, the better you will feel. I used nothing, no prescription comfort meds and no otc stuff either. I felt immensely better by day 15. Suboxone detox takes longer than say, a detox from oxy, because of the long half life. While a detox from oxy is 100 times worse than a sub detox, sub detox, for some, not all, dont gear up in intensity until about the 6th day mark. Thats what I experienced anyways.

if you are adament that you just wanna do it, not taper, and ride it out, there are some otc meds that will tone the intensity down a little bit.

immodium will stop the nasty diarrhea.
Gatoraide is a must and lots of it. You are gonna sweat your ass off and lose alot of fluids. Staying hydrated will help keep the wds from turning into a raging storm.
otc sleep meds or allergy meds might help with sleep but for me, they made RLS 10x worse.
the 1 thing that worked wonders for me was HOT BATHS. They took all symptoms away for awhile and I found so much relief from rls, sweats, achy muscles and major anxiety.

I am sure others will chime in with remedies too!

Hope that helps for now. Good luck and keep posting. People on this forum are amazing!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know Kratom is like switching from one to another but for few days I think it won't be so bad. And after hours on line searching about Kratom looks like is much much easer to get of it then from sub. I don't know if this good or no looks like I will find out soon. But for now this is what I need to do. I just can't handle the sub anymore and anyway the Kratom is just little help.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey there and welcome! I am also a working parent, and am near the end of a very long taper (about 6 months now), and 8 year habit, 12 mgs, now down to .375mgs and still plan to go lower before I jump so I can continue to be a functioning mom. JMO, but 16mgs sounds crazy high to me to jump from! I totally get wanting to be "done", but don't you also want to be "successful"? I don't mean to be discouraging, we're all different, but people who have jumped from "merely" 2mgs like Trainer, really suffered, and jumping from so high, I would be afraid would make me psychotic! I would really encourage some type of taper, at least get as low as 2mgs, then jump. If you decide to stick it out, then more power to you! Keep posting, if you make it you will have a "wonder story"!
rca

Last edited by rca1004 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am already in day 4 so if I started I want to finish it . It is not easy and I am going crazy and it is not easy .But from the other end I want take my sons and go play soccer with out the devil or no devil orange film. Like i say before 16mg or 2 mg i steel will be sick.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ryszard wrote:
I am already in day 4 so if I started I want to finish it . It is not easy and I am going crazy and it is not easy .But from the other end I want take my sons and go play soccer with out the devil or no devil orange film. Like i say before 16mg or 2 mg i steel will be sick.

Sorry, not nearly AS sick. I'm rooting for you, but there is no shame from maybe starting at 2mgs since you've gone 4 days, and taper from there? Either way, good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:):) I know it is not the same like f rom 2mg but i am already here ......is not getting better:):)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

trainer14 wrote:
the 1 thing that worked wonders for me was HOT BATHS. They took all symptoms away for awhile and I found so much relief from rls, sweats, achy muscles and major anxiety.

I want to reiterate what trainer said. Hot baths are a must. Hot baths & music. Preferable music while IN a hot bath. It's the only time that I was 100% at ease. Take as many of them as you can in a day..

God luck! Let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hats off to ya for your iron will determination. If things get really bad, jump in a hot bath. It will feel amazing and honestly, while in that tub, you will feel no withdrawals. Hell, take 10 a day if you can!!!!!!

Hot baths saved my sorry ass and before I tried it, I scoffed at the idea. How can a hot bath work, I used to say. Got desperate one night for relief from bad leg aches and said screw it, at this point I will try anything. Glad I did. Awesome sauce! Hahaha

you should turn the corner at about the 10 or 11 day mark and shit starts to ease up a bit. I know it sounds like a long time, but it flies. For encouragement, I put big purple check marks on the calendar at the end of each day and posted my enthusiasm about heading into the next day and having one more day under my belt. Builds momentum into the process.

also, ya may not feel like getting yourself up off the sofa for a few days but the more you get moving, easier it gets. I had to work thru some rough days and suck up 6 or 8 hour shifts on my feet. Felt like I was wearing a lead suit and trudging thru mud. Sucked pretty bad but glad I did it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you so much to all of you and please pray for me to all of the Gods out there!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Keep posting! Post whatever! Random thoughts, how your feeling, silly stories, etc. Even if no one reads it but you, you can reflect back on your progress, get bottled up thoughts off your chest, work through fears or anxiety. Sounds simple but really works.

we will be cheering you on every step of the way too. We are nosy little shits so we will be checking in withya! Hahaha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

OMG every hour I want to call the Doc. But NFW I will do it!!!!be strong 2 more hours i will be home. And first thing I will try the 3hours Bath top.
yeah!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, you sound determined to leave Sub's behind and even though you jumped from a high dose, you can do it. It's probably going to get a bit rough, but if you really, really want it, you can hold on and make it through to the other side. Get those baths ready!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

just want to say about the Kratom. I think if I can do just a little so I can have a Little break from WD I should be fine . And only for couple of days when the worst wds kicked in.PLease let me know what do u think about it?
Anyway I am done with sub!!!!!!
thank u all!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I dont know much about kratom. Only what I read on forums on the net.

Looking at it from this angle though, lets run a scenario. Say you take it when wds ramp up. You feel better because you are still hitting those receptors in the brain. So you skip a day, feel like shit, take kratom, feel better and the cycle continues. Now you are 2 weeks into sub wds and not feeling better because your brain isnt healing naturally, its still screaming out for that external boost. So you might just unintentionally replace one thing with another.

ok, when looking for wd aids online, I googled otc meds for opiate withdrawal. I came across this site called blulite or something like that. Anyway, tons of people were saying loperamide was like a wd miracle in huge doses. Loperamide is anti diarrhea medicine found in simple otc immodium. Therapeutic dose is 2mgs. People were talking about taking insane amounts, like 100 mgs at a whack. Who could ever shit again after that? Anyways, one poster, who did that, became addicted to shit medication and could not stop taking it without feeling like shit. No pun intended.

why replace one thing for another when getting off subs. Allow your body to do it on its own, naturally. Just my two cents.

you should ask boop. The dude is a walking encyclopedia with all this stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:43 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

you get opinions from everyone, and everyone has good advice. you need to take it day by day don't look at anything but the day. you are not going to feel the real withdrawal until your body gets down till 2-4 mgs. half-life is broken every 3-4 days, so you are not going to feel much until about day 14 at that level. I try and keep it real, keep posting it helps and as romeo said try and get some clonidine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

u just scared me as hell now. I took last film Friday so today is like day 5 and trust me but I feel like shit!!!!3 years ago I was taking tons of Vics and was going Wds every other week and this is what I felt.
God help if what I feel now are not full WDs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everyone is different, it's possible you won't feel too much worse in the symptoms department but the longevity of them will wear you out. Be prepared, this is a marathon -not a sprint. So cliche, I know… sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

so far the best medicine is this forum :):)
I CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next