It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

2;51 is hell or maybe hell is better what I feel now:( my legs are connected to 460 volt outlet my office is on second floor to get there feels like 100 miles walk. I need to get home fast > looks like will be the same as yesterday!! I Cried in the car like a baby!!
o woow stay strong Ryszard u will get there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

try some of the boost plus, its 360 cals of good shit. I did best in that stage with the boost and pedialyte to keep hydrated. I also found if you don't think about food ie it just appears, someone brings it to you fast quick decisions will help you with your eating. keep listening to music it is a godsend. hope this helps you,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I remember that iron suit feeling well. Walking felt like it was the hardest thing to ever do. I have to go down 2 flights of stairs to let the dogs out and oh my god, after climbing back up, I had to lay on my bed to recover. Sucked!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Go to your doctor, tell him you are wd'ing from opiates and ask him to give you some Clonidine. Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that's prescribed off label for opiate wd. Clonidine calms the Sympathetic Nervous System and will knock your wd symptoms down a peg or two.

Clonidine is non-addictive, non habit forming, so you have no worries there. I stayed on Clonidine for a good while and came off of it without any trouble at all.

AND, Clonidine has a sedative effect....as in sleep!! I'm telling ya, give it a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
Go to your doctor, tell him you are wd'ing from opiates and ask him to give you some Clonidine. Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that's prescribed off label for opiate wd. Clonidine calms the Sympathetic Nervous System and will knock your wd symptoms down a peg or two.

Clonidine is non-addictive, non habit forming, so you have no worries there. I stayed on Clonidine for a good while and came off of it without any trouble at all.

AND, Clonidine has a sedative effect....as in sleep!! I'm telling ya, give it a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:56 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Ryszard...I wish you the best and hope that you are successful. IF (and that's a big if), you decide at any point that this is too high a dose to jump from and decide to go back and do a taper; know that everyone here will support you in whatever you decide.

People have jumped from high doses and been successful but usually because they are forced to (i.e., jail, no doctor, etc...) so I hope that everyday you tell yourself that no one is forcing you to do this...it is YOUR choice.

I hope you take my comment nicely...I just worry about such a high jump. I came off Subs too fast one time and got sick and ended up in the emergency room. I had to up my dose and now am starting all over again.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to your posts and how you do :) We can do anything we want to do...it may not be pleasant but it is our choice.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ClearAqua wrote:
Ryszard...I wish you the best and hope that you are successful. IF (and that's a big if), you decide at any point that this is too high a dose to jump from and decide to go back and do a taper; know that everyone here will support you in whatever you decide.

People have jumped from high doses and been successful but usually because they are forced to (i.e., jail, no doctor, etc...) so I hope that everyday you tell yourself that no one is forcing you to do this...it is YOUR choice.

I hope you take my comment nicely...I just worry about such a high jump. I came off Subs too fast one time and got sick and ended up in the emergency room. I had to up my dose and now am starting all over again.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to your posts and how you do :) We can do anything we want to do...it may not be pleasant but it is our choice.

Thank you so much for all the support!!
So far this is the best medicine for me!!!!! I kidna make my doc angry at me because I did not tell him about the pharmacy mistake and I know he would take me back no problem ($$$$$)
But because of this I made a decision to quit.and of course likr all of us I want my life back.
I kmow sub did great thinks for me (quit drinking ) :):)
But I am tired of it.and it will be my 7th day long way to go but I did a lot to be where I am now:):)
I just get home and I am kidna ok now :):( yeahh but I know this is just for 5 min.
Again thank u so much u guys are my vitamins! !!
Geting ready for some walkk with the dogy:):)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quick Q.I fund some Clonodine how much I need to take? I have .1mg :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think .1 is all ya need. Its pretty strong stuff. To much and you will drag ass even worse!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My doctor had me on .1mg twice daily. Remember, Clonidine is a med that lowers blood pressure. If you didn't get it from a doctor, you really should check your BP first. If you already have low blood pressure, taking Clonidine can lower it to dangerous levels. If you don't have one of those little BP machines, you can go to Wal-Mart or Walgreens, they usually have a machine near the pharmacy that you can use free of charge.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
try some of the boost plus, its 360 cals of good shit. I did best in that stage with the boost and pedialyte to keep hydrated. I also found if you don't think about food ie it just appears, someone brings it to you fast quick decisions will help you with your eating. keep listening to music it is a godsend. hope this helps you,

Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YITSpJZWs0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ryszard,

Wow, 16 mg. You rock for yor bravery. I hope you're feeling okay and managing things. How are you feeling right now?

Are you working and taking care of your kids during this time? I skimmed the thread and that's the impression I got. I don't know about the kratom thing, but understanding what I do about neuroscience (as a former biology major) and how opiates work in the brain I do agree that by taking them it's possible you may end up prolonging your withdrawal. Also please know that I'm not sure I agree with the theory that the half life means for each milligram more you were taking it will take extra time to break down. Half life is a half life and if you have 2 mgs coming out of your body it seems to me it will degrade at the same rate as a larger dose. Then again, I'm not a doctor, only a lawyer (lol), so I am just don't let yourself get psyched out but thinking you're doomed to a greater length of time in wd. That being said, if you really are determined to jump now without any taper, you could be in for quite a ride and the better you do to prepare/support yourself the another your experience will be, and every little bit helps (see below).

I jumped off 6 mg 14 days ago. I made this choice instead of tapering because I began abusing the suboxone, and recognizing myself back in the throes of active addiction, I decided to jump. The good news is that I actually felt very little withdrawal (compared to oxy or fent wd's, and arguably it seems even less than some of the taperers (some of whose discomfort seems drawn out during the taper and after they stop they get wd's anyway) but, as they say everyone is different, everyone's body chemistry is different, and everyone's perspective is different. Days 4-7 were the hardest for me, emotionally, RLS, runny nose/sneezing (I am still sneezing in eight-sneeze chunks) and chills/sweats wise, but all these things were very minor. I also felt super low on energy until day 10. Sleep is still tough but I'm sleeping in two chunks of 4-5 hours a night (see slow).

What worked for me was that I made meticulous plans for a couple months ahead of time for my recovery experience.

Here is what worked for me:

(1) Being cared for by someone you trust - Made plans to get away from my family (stayed with Mom) for at least two weeks so I could focus on recovery and my child wouldn't see me like this and so I wouldn't have the responsibility of caring for him during this time. I traveled to a beautiful remote area in the North.

(2) Time off work - My doctor wrote me out on disability for three weeks so I didn't have to worry about work responsibilities either (I work 60-80 hours a week).

(3) Prescription medications - My doctor prescribed me a Clonadine patch which was perfect because oh delivers the medicine slowly and evenly in your body. I also got 75 mg of Lyrica to take once a day before bed. I noticed this helped prevent my restless/achy legs/arms which was waking me up every 2 hours when I tried to sleep in days 4-6. Finally, I was given 30 5 mg Valium tablets. If you're an addict like me, GET SOMEONE YOU TRUST RO DISPENSE THE VALIUM. My Mom dispensed my doses which I only took at night because I really didn't like the way it made me feel.

(4) OTC meds - For me, Advil has helped because especially early on, I was suffering from terrible back pain seeing as my whole ordeal with opiates started with pain management did to scoliosis and a fused spine. Also get some Unisom (the diphenhydramine gel caps are best for me. Diphenhydramine is basically Benadryl), While it doesn't necessarily keep me asleep all night, it calms me down and makes me drowsy enough to fall asleep. And then Immodium for sure. I didn't take those megadoses people reference because all those "addicted to lope" stories scare the crap out of me and so I just took two pills any time I had a bout of diarrhea and it helped.

(5) Vitamins and supplements - I'm taking a multivitamin, vitamin B6, and 1 mg of melatonin before bed (although some people here suggest taking 3 mg I haven't tried that).

(6) Exercise - Even if you feel so much like crap that the thought of just walking through the house horrify you, you really should trudge out there and at least take a walk. Listen to some good inspirational music while you're out there, enjoy the scenery, and you may even find yourself exhilarated. By 10 I was able to start two mile (very slow runs).

(7) Diet - You might not feel like eating, but as much as you can get healthy foods inside you. I lived on fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains, lean meats like chicken and fish. And keep yourself hydrated! Drinks lots of water and Gatorade when you can.

(8) Social Support - Through my ordeal I have been doing two main things. I have been going to NA and AA meetings every day. Even when I felt under the weather, these meetings always leave me uplifted and optimistic about my recovery. I am also receiving intensive outpatient care (5 hours a day of group and individual therapy sessions). Again, totally helpful. If you're spiritual try to go to church. At the very least, try to get some counseling.

(9) Distraction - Try to find things to do that will keep your mind busy. I have played video games, read books, listened to music, and watched TV (at my worst, I watched the the dumbest reality TV I could find).

(10) Hot baths - These also help with the RLS immensely. Those nights I woke up with RLS, I would take the hottest bath I could stand, adding some Epsom salts and/or Lavender Oil or a stress reliever bubble bath like eucalyptus and spearmint. The bath cured my RLS long enough so I could fall back asleep.

(11) Relaxation Techniques - try to turn on some soft music that relaxes you and try to meditate.

In closing I just wanted to say that, while it sounds like you're 100% committed to this, if you decide to go back to an even "not-quite-so-slow" taper and jump from more like between 4-8 mg, you can probably wean down to there pretty quickly, and then try your jump from there which may be easier. But who knows, it appears there are people on here who jumped from much lower doses than me and/or tapered slowly and it seems that my wd's went smoother.

Hope some of this helps. Sorry if I'm just repeating everything that's already in this thread, but I quickly skimmed it so I hope I've added at least some helpful. Good luck to you and warm wishes.

Peace and love and hugs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Newmomsf wrote:
Hi Ryszard,

Wow, 16 mg. You rock for yor bravery. I hope you're feeling okay and managing things. How are you feeling right now?

Are you working and taking care of your kids during this time? I skimmed the thread and that's the impression I got. I don't know about the kratom thing, but understanding what I do about neuroscience (as a former biology major) and how opiates work in the brain I do agree that by taking them it's possible you may end up prolonging your withdrawal. Also please know that I'm not sure I agree with the theory that the half life means for each milligram more you were taking it will take extra time to break down. Half life is a half life and if you have 2 mgs coming out of your body it seems to me it will degrade at the same rate as a larger dose. Then again, I'm not a doctor, only a lawyer (lol), so I am just don't let yourself get psyched out but thinking you're doomed to a greater length of time in wd. That being said, if you really are determined to jump now without any taper, you could be in for quite a ride and the better you do to prepare/support yourself the another your experience will be, and every little bit helps (see below).

I jumped off 6 mg 14 days ago. I made this choice instead of tapering because I began abusing the suboxone, and recognizing myself back in the throes of active addiction, I decided to jump. The good news is that I actually felt very little withdrawal (compared to oxy or fent wd's, and arguably it seems even less than some of the taperers (some of whose discomfort seems drawn out during the taper and after they stop they get wd's anyway) but, as they say everyone is different, everyone's body chemistry is different, and everyone's perspective is different. Days 4-7 were the hardest for me, emotionally, RLS, runny nose/sneezing (I am still sneezing in eight-sneeze chunks) and chills/sweats wise, but all these things were very minor. I also felt super low on energy until day 10. Sleep is still tough but I'm sleeping in two chunks of 4-5 hours a night (see slow).

What worked for me was that I made meticulous plans for a couple months ahead of time for my recovery experience.

(1) Being cared for by someone you trust - Made plans to get away from my family (stayed with Mom) for at least two weeks so I could focus on recovery and my child wouldn't see me like this and so I wouldn't have the responsibility of caring for him during this time. I traveled to a beautiful remote area in the North.

(2) Time off work - My doctor wrote me out on disability for three weeks so I didn't have to worry about work responsibilities either (I work 60-80 hours a week).

(3) Prescription medications - My doctor prescribed me a Clonadine patch which was perfect because oh delivers the medicine slowly and evenly in your body. I also got 75 mg of Lyrica to take once a day before bed. I noticed this helped prevent my restless/achy legs/arms which was waking me up every 2 hours when I tried to sleep in days 4-6. Finally, I was given 30 5 mg Valium tablets. If you're an addict like me, GET SOMEONE YOU TRUST RO DISPENSE THE VALIUM. My Mom dispensed my doses which I only took at night because I really didn't like the way it made me feel.

(4) OTC meds - For me, Advil has helped because especially early on, I was suffering from terrible back pain seeing as my whole ordeal with opiates started with pain management did to scoliosis and a fused spine. Also get some Unisom (the diphenhydramine gel caps are best for me. Diphenhydramine is basically Benadryl), While it doesn't necessarily keep me asleep all night, it calms me down and makes me drowsy enough to fall asleep. And then Immodium for sure. I didn't take those megadoses people reference because all those "addicted to lope" stories scare the crap out of me and so I just took two pills any time I had a bout of diarrhea and it helped.

(5) Vitamins and supplements - I'm taking a multivitamin, vitamin B6, and 1 mg of melatonin before bed (although some people here suggest taking 3 mg I haven't tried that).

(6) Exercise - Even if you feel so much like crap that the thought of just walking through the house horrify you, you really should trudge out there and at least take a walk. Listen to some good inspirational music while you're out there, enjoy the scenery, and you may even find yourself exhilarated. By 10 I was able to start two mile (very slow runs).

(7) Diet - You might not feel like eating, but as much as you can get healthy foods inside you. I lived on fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains, lean meats like chicken and fish. And keep yourself hydrated! Drinks lots of water and Gatorade when you can.

(8) Social Support - Through my ordeal I have been doing two main things. I have been going to NA and AA meetings every day. Even when I felt under the weather, these meetings always leave me uplifted and optimistic about my recovery. I am also receiving intensive outpatient care (5 hours a day of group and individual therapy sessions). Again, totally helpful. If you're spiritual try to go to church. At the very least, try to get some counseling.

(9) Distraction - Try to find things to do that will keep your mind busy. I have played video games, read books, listened to music, and watched TV (at my worst, I watched the the dumbest reality TV I could find).

(10) Hot baths - These also help with the RLS immensely. Those nights I woke up with RLS, I would take the hottest bath I could stand, adding some Epsom salts and/or Lavender Oil or a stress reliever bubble bath like eucalyptus and spearmint. The bath cured my RLS long enough so I could fall back asleep.

(11) Relaxation Techniques - try to turn on some soft music that relaxes you and try to meditate.

In closing I just wanted to say that, while it sounds like you're 100% committed to this, if you decide to go back to an even "not-quite-so-slow" taper and jump from more like between 4-8 mg, you can probably wean down to there pretty quickly, and then try your jump from there which may be easier. But who knows, it appears there are people on here who jumped from much lower doses than me and/or tapered slowly and it seems that my wd's went smoother.

Hope some of this helps. Sorry if I'm just repeating everything that's already in this thread, but I quickly skimmed it so I hope I've added at least some helpful. Good luck to you and warm wishes.

Peace and love and hugs

Wow Newmom! That is a really good, comprehensive list you posted, and I'm sure it will be helpful to many! I now understand a little more how you are managing to drop from such a high dose with seemingly little (comparatively) discomfort. Good for you for planning so well in advance! You must be a very organized person, with a good idea of what you were going to face / are facing! Great post! Glad you are doing so well!! Your child is lucky to have a mom who cares enough to do what she needs to to get healthy!!
rca

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Newmomsf wrote:
Hi Ryszard,

Peace and love and hugs

Thank you Thank you !! u made me feel much better 6mg is much closer to 16mg then .25mg:):)
Thank you for all the ideas but some of them are impossible for me :( (off work or go somewhere)
everyone here help it is very new to me to get so much support from people I even don't know.
but after few days here I feel like I know u guys better then so many friends I have .
so far I think I am doing ok. Used some Kratom but from tomorrow I won't touch it anymore. took some trazodone for sleep and it did work for me very good (7 hours sleep) but I think this was not healthy sleep.
now If I can make it to the weekend I know I can do it, very day is getting me closer to the Blue light!!
again thank you to all of you!!
Ryszard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

OMG My Legs!!I just want to cut them off from my body!!It is not pain but crazy feeling.
o wow It is day #7 and every h I am getting closer to day #8 :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ryszard wrote:
OMG My Legs!!I just want to cut them off from my body!!It is not pain but crazy feeling.

Have you made any progress getting yourself some clonidine? It really helps- won't take away symptoms totally, but definitely knocks down that crazy legs feeling a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rca1004 wrote:
Ryszard wrote:

Have you made any progress getting yourself some clonidine? It really helps- won't take away symptoms totally, but definitely knocks down that crazy legs feeling a bit.

Yes I do have some from my Doc. from 2yeas ago.
BTW I am 36 and I had 2 heart attacks :) with in 4 days. I know this was because the vics but they told me it was not from the vics :) yeahn what a joke. my second one I was like 5 min to see my Dad in Haven (I hope I get there ) :):).
and what the funniest on the way out I just get prescription from the doc for 60 more vics :):)
but hey I am Polish :) so it is not easy to take me away from the world :):)

thank you guys !!
My legs brrrrr I need a chain saw :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ryszard, at day 7 from the dose you jumped from, your wd symptoms are peaking right now. You are absolutely right in the thick of it right now.

Newmomsf just laid some great advice on you, I'd suggest you go back and read what she posted and incorporate any of that you can into your current plan to get past wd. Getting through opiate wd with the least amount of symptoms means you have work at it. Sitting on the couch and watching Sponge Bob Square pants for the next couple of weeks will only make your symptoms worse.

For the RLS, if you can, get those legs moving. For me, the best remedy for RLS was exercising my legs by running on our elliptical machine. A quick run on our elliptical would kill my RLS for 2 to 3 hours at a time. With your heart history, you just have to be careful with how hard you push yourself. Also, do NOT take any product with Diphenhydramine in it. Diphenhydramine will amplify the RLS to closer to 920 volts!!! Products such as Benadryl, Dimetapp and Unisom may have Diphenhydramine in them. Check the label before you use any of them. There is a brand of Unisom that has Doxylamine Succinate in it and it won't screw with the RLS. Unisom with Doxylamine Succinate is actually a really good sleep aid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
Ryszard, at day 7 from the dose you jumped from, your wd symptoms are peaking right now. You are absolutely right in the thick of it right now.

Newmomsf just laid some great advice on you, I'd suggest you go back and read what she posted and incorporate any of that you can into your current plan to get past wd. Getting through opiate wd with the least amount of symptoms means you have work at it. Sitting on the couch and watching Sponge Bob Square pants for the next couple of weeks will only make your symptoms worse.

For the RLS, if you can, get those legs moving. For me, the best remedy for RLS was exercising my legs by running on our elliptical machine. A quick run on our elliptical would kill my RLS for 2 to 3 hours at a time. With your heart history, you just have to be careful with how hard you push yourself. Also, do NOT take any product with Diphenhydramine in it. Diphenhydramine will amplify the RLS to closer to 920 volts!!! Products such as Benadryl, Dimetapp and Unisom may have Diphenhydramine in them. Check the label before you use any of them. There is a brand of Unisom that has Doxylamine Succinate in it and it won't screw with the RLS. Unisom with Doxylamine Succinate is actually a really good sleep aid.

yeak I remember from couple of years before when I was WDs after taking like Tylenol PM it made me want sleep a lot but also made me feel like all my legs and all body was connected to 10000volt outlet so was just impassible to sleep
I hope from Monday I will start feel little better.
BTW My DOC called me and I have prescription on Will call at Walgreen.
I Already called them and YEEAHHH with a news for them .Do NOT EVER GET me more SUboxone !!!
Yes I did it!!!! MY 30 SUbs WENT BACK TO THE STOCK!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just want to be like I was 4 year ago!!
I want wake up one Saturday and take my Family for a road trip!!!
I remember one morning I just decide get in my car and go Key West .Nice drive from Chicago !! :) but we love it just get in the car and go somewhere !!!
I hope I be able to do this 4th of July.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next