It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:40 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

you can do it, sorry did not mean to scare you, just prepare you better. you may be lucky and have no w/d. as td said everyone is different.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Feeling like shit took some kratom but I don't think that works for me.
Have some vitamin b6 and trying run little but after 30 seconds I think walk is hard push:) but will see so scared of the night

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think the best part of it are mosquito bites:) not thinking about the wds just about the fuc..ing mosquitos . Chicago 90 deg humid and I am cold!!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Omg.. mosquito bites! You just brought back some funny memories for me. The 2nd time I tried to get on suboxone was in dec 2003. My husband and I decided we'd move to hawaii where we'd ditch all of our connections and start fresh. We sold the very few things we still had and bought tickets. Did our last shot of dope in the LAX airport bathrooms and headed to hawaii with a script of suboxone. The first few days there were really tough, withdrawal wise. Suboxone wasnt really easing anything.. to top it off, I got eaten alive by mosquitos. I was itching so bad! In the middle of the night, I had a brilliant idea to put something cold on the bites so I went the fridge to find something.. but we had nothing because we just moved there. I look in the fridge and find a bunch of ketchup packets from a fast food run. Perfect! I get back in bed with a bag full of condiment packets and strategically place them all over my body on each bite, thinking the coolness would give me some comfort. My (now) husband "wakes up" the next morning to ketchup packets all over the bed in the sheets and was like "WTF"? I was like.. "umm.. I was itchy?"

Brilliant.

(btw, moving to hawaii didn't work. the first person I became friends with was a line cook I worked with who was hooked on Oxy) :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Omg.. mosquito bites! You just brought back some funny memories for me. The 2nd time I tried to get on suboxone was in dec 2003. My husband and I decided we'd move to hawaii where we'd ditch all of our connections and start fresh. We sold the very few things we still had and bought tickets. Did our last shot of dope in the LAX airport bathrooms and headed to hawaii with a script of suboxone. The first few days there were really tough, withdrawal wise. Suboxone wasnt really easing anything.. to top it off, I got eaten alive by mosquitos. I was itching so bad! In the middle of the night, I had a brilliant idea to put something cold on the bites so I went the fridge to find something.. but we had nothing because we just moved there. I look in the fridge and find a bunch of ketchup packets from a fast food run. Perfect! I get back in bed with a bag full of condiment packets and strategically place them all over my body on each bite, thinking the coolness would give me some comfort. My (now) husband "wakes up" the next morning to ketchup packets all over the bed in the sheets and was like "WTF"? I was like.. "umm.. I was itchy?"

Brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

awesome story tiny. brings up lots of " funny" memories of crazy shit I did during active addiction also. surprisingly enough...I also have a mosquito story ..too funny! :-) ( will share another time) they must LOVE addict blood, maybe they're the biggest populationof opiate addicts on the planet? Lol! thanks for that I needed a laugh this evening!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey ryszard. I see you jumped from 16mg!! I get the feeling that maybe you dont understand the severity of this situation. I also jumped from 16mg, believe it or not. It was by far the worst experience of my life. If i were you, i would listen to the people here. There'S more knowledge here related with addiction than in any doctors office. Learn from our experiences and apply it so you can get off of this without putting yourself through hell for 3 weeks. I feel bad for you, i really do. I remember being at day 14, and being in shock that i felt so raw. It didnt let up at all until day 16 ir 17. I relapsed because i had no idea what i was doing. I knew nothing about paws. Do yourself a favor and atleast wean down from 4mg. It sounds like you have alot of courage. Good luck ryszard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
awesome story tiny. brings up lots of " funny" memories of crazy shit I did during active addiction also. surprisingly enough...I also have a mosquito story ..too funny! :-) ( will share another time) they must LOVE addict blood, maybe they're the biggest populationof opiate addicts on the planet? Lol! thanks for that I needed a laugh this evening!

LOL, get desperate enough for a fix, go out collecting fat skeeters, and squeeze their blood into a spoon.

Last edited by no_boop_shoo_be_doop on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My eyes just about popped outta my head when I saw: "No More !!Stoping Suboxone 16mg Cold Turkey!!"

Romeo said he jumped at 8mg on here around same time as somebody who jumped at 24mg, and both made it, so it's doable, tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ryszard wrote:
:):) I know it is not the same like f rom 2mg but i am already here ......is not getting better:):)

Hey Ryszard, I truly truly hope that it is getting better for you, but, as per ^^^^, and what I have learned from this forum and experienced myself, suboxone is a crazy strong drug, and a bitch to wdl from. It hangs onto our brains tightly and will only leave reluctantly, 'kicking and screaming". I am worried for you because you have kids, and I feel you! I hope your children do not have to see you suffer so much, that could be traumatic for them. I admire your courage, but we are all "human" and if it gets to be too much for you and you'd like advice on a taper plan where you can still be an engaged parent, work without anyone noticing a difference, and suffer just a "little bit at a time", I would be more than happy to help with that. I know tapering is not for everyone, and I won't post on your thread about it again, but like I said, I am worried for you and your children, and just want to help. I don't want to be a hypocrite (I'm still taking .375mgs daily), but I HAVE gotten this low relatively painlessly, and I'm certain my jump, when I make it, is not going to make me suffer very much at all and my children will never know a thing. I know it would hurt them to see me suffer, so the small wdls I've had to endure, I've been able to mask successfully because of the taper. K, I've said my peace. Still rooting for you and supporting you "how ever" you manage to get "free". Keep posting!
rca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What a great night !!! I took some trazodone and it help 6 hours of sleep !!! But I feel so far this morning worst .Hey there is a hope :):)24 mgs I did it !!! But for now I am going to look for some mosquito blood!!! :) on the way to work woow 2 hours before I need to be there I am such great employee :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am doing this for my kids ! so far have all the help from my older one :):) And I have lovely wife so I am not alone!!Of Course she has no idea what Sub is but I think it is better this way.
From the other end I don't think I can taper down ,with in 18 months I was just going up !!
And of course lucky me my sweet pharmacy made a big mistake like 2 months ago and the did 2 extra refills for me on my sub hahha. So last 2 months I was taking like 24mg a day but before my last one for about a week I did take 8mg.Now I know it is hard as shit to make it but before I get sub I was having Wds every other week from vicodins (heel but not as long as this one) My Doc was giving me 2 week supply and of course I was ok for about 5-6 days":)
I am already here Day 5-6 and feel like i want to just jump from the bridge but i did go this far (for me it is like 10000 miles already) and i must stay strong and with all of u guys here i think i can do it!!
Peace to All God help me!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its gonna suck for a bit but if you are damn determined to do it, the bright side is one day in the very near future, you will have a day where it seems you turned a corner and things start improving, so thats something to look forward to and hold out for.

I am 19 days clean from subs and feel just fine. Sleep is there, energy is slooowly coming all back and no lingering shitty wds.

my husband made a comment to me last night and said "I need to get used to the new you". I have been more involvedin things now where before I was happy just being an antisocial couch potato. Made me feel good.

you will get there, just gonna take some time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Trying to keep my self busy . Not easy!!Music help a lot . Yesterday on the way home I was crying like a baby. The Fugees love it .I just went back in time :)
4 hours gone today!!Hell hell.
I just can't talk to people on the phone is so hard for me!! but I have to :(:(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ryszard said, "So last 2 months I was taking like 24mg a day but before my last one for about a week I did take 8mg." That's almost exactly what happened to me. Due to a pharmacy mistake, I was up at 24mg, then not long after, jumped off Suboxone from in and around 8mg. I hope your wd goes better than mine did.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
Ryszard said, "So last 2 months I was taking like 24mg a day but before my last one for about a week I did take 8mg." That's almost exactly what happened to me. Due to a pharmacy mistake, I was up at 24mg, then not long after, jumped off Suboxone from in and around 8mg. I hope your wd goes better than mine did.

Thank you Thank you and we will see!! U did so I want to be like u !!:)
:)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can assure you, you don't want to be like me!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
I can assure you, you don't want to be like me!! :lol:

:) I mean just do it!! be clean from sub !!
and anyway I feel like crap!! is not getting better this is for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeahhh Lunch time !!Nice 3 days with out it!!But looks like chicken noddle will be my friend for next couple of weeks!!Have big problem to get it in to my Stomach:)
3 more hours !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

my husband made a comment to me last night and said "I need to get used to the new you". I have been more involvedin things now where before I was happy just being an antisocial couch potato. Made me feel good.

I will get there, just gonna take some time.[/quote]
I hope my Wife will say it sooooooon!! :)

Last edited by Ryszard on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next