It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:49 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

so you added to a tat...........

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello everyone.
Day 20 I feel ok not perfect but ok
Sometimes have the crazy legs feeling and little downs but over all is not to bad.Trying to catch up on my work in 2 week I did so little and now need to work harder but it is a good think and at list I have some energy to do it!!
I did make a plans for my Family !! Taking my kids and Wife camp! ! Door county on Wisconsin! !! For My wife it will be first time camping! !! Btw she starts likes me if u know what I mean :):) :wink: I hope everyone is doing ok and taking advantage of sub free!!!!!
Peace and thank u!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Wonder Boy!
Thanks for the update. Your family will love Door County. I am a "Wisc. girl" (raised there, but have not lived there since leaving for college). We always called the Illinois tourists "locusts' ha ha ha (because they swarm to wisc. in the summer).
Wisc. is perfect this time of year. My family is also going this month for 2 wks. We'll be on the lake, fishing, motor boating, sailing, r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g! Your family and YOU will have a great time, and just think of how much MORE you will love it now that you are SUB FREE!!!!!!!
Sorry you are still feeling a little crawly- hope that goes away soon, but for your high jump you are doing just amazingly well!
Keep posting!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

dirtyblonde wrote:
so you added to a tat...........

Yes I did :)
I just love Tattoos !!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I got my first ever tattoo at age 43 when I was a year off Suboxone. It's barbed wire in the shape of an infinity symbol on the inside of my left bicep. It was my way of celebrating a year off Suboxone and I LOVE my tattoo.....it makes me look like a bad ass, even though I'm not!! lol

Congratulations on day 20!!! You, sir, are a force of nature!! Rawk On!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

imo, tm you're all bad assess! I live tats also, and have seven myself! everyone of you tapering and jumping! you all rock!. ya set a goal, and pursued it, and are doing or have done it! I hope all of you are able to remain drug free, using whatever method you've chosen to replace the subs and maintain your recovery. I'm sure you'll all be successful! you have much to be proud of!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
imo, tm you're all bad assess! I live tats also, and have seven myself! everyone of you tapering and jumping! you all rock!. ya set a goal, and pursued it, and are doing or have done it! I hope all of you are able to remain drug free, using whatever method you've chosen to replace the subs and maintain your recovery. I'm sure you'll all be successful! you have much to be proud of!

:) I have 4 so far but Tattoos are like drugs is hard to stop! !!!#
Peace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ryszard wrote:
lizzieshug2013 wrote:

:) I have 4 so far but Tattoos are like drugs is hard to stop! !!!#
Peace

I've mostly always been anti-tattoo having one, for myself (I've admired many others' ink, though). Afraid one (or more) would look nasty when I got much older, mainly. Although when I had the money to spend, I almost considered (was probably a tad manic at the time?) getting a snake curling around my leftist leg (middle one would be too painful to endure, but could be an interesting to watch it "uncoil" when aroused), starting with tail on my ankle, and ending with head of snake on my thigh near my ass. Like the Caduceus symbol (even though I'm not a establishment educated doctor, I could always be a "witch doctor"....hah.), or maybe more accurately, the Rod of Asclepius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius), since I would only have one serpent; most modern medical Caduceus symbols have intertwining serpents. Oh, and a rattle snake it would be, rattle at ankle level.

It's after midnight where I am, happy Independence From King George Day, Ryszard, and the rest of the crew, too.

Quote:
Quote:
The following letter from "An American Guesser" was published in the Pennsylvania Journal on December 27, 1775. Its author has been identified as Benjamin Franklin.

Written after fighting had begun between the Colonists and the British, but before the Declaration of Independence, it gives us a glimpse into Franklin's observant mind.

The rattlesnake shown here is on the $20 bill issued in 1778 by Georgia. The Latin motto (Nemo me impune lacesset) means, "No one will provoke me with impunity."

I observed on one of the drums belonging to the marines now raising, there was painted a Rattle-Snake, with this modest motto under it, "Don't tread on me." As I know it is the custom to have some device on the arms of every country, I supposed this may have been intended for the arms of America; and as I have nothing to do with public affairs, and as my time is perfectly my own, in order to divert an idle hour, I sat down to guess what could have been intended by this uncommon device – I took care, however, to consult on this occasion a person who is acquainted with heraldry, from whom I learned, that it is a rule among the learned of that science "That the worthy properties of the animal, in the crest-born, shall be considered," and, "That the base ones cannot have been intended;" he likewise informed me that the ancients considered the serpent as an emblem of wisdom, and in a certain attitude of endless duration – both which circumstances I suppose may have been had in view. Having gained this intelligence, and recollecting that countries are sometimes represented by animals peculiar to them, it occurred to me that the Rattle-Snake is found in no other quarter of the world besides America, and may therefore have been chosen, on that account, to represent her.

But then "the worldly properties" of a Snake I judged would be hard to point out. This rather raised than suppressed my curiosity, and having frequently seen the Rattle-Snake, I ran over in my mind every property by which she was distinguished, not only from other animals, but from those of the same genus or class of animals, endeavoring to fix some meaning to each, not wholly inconsistent with common sense.

I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids. She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance. She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarreling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shown and extended for her defense, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal. Conscious of this, she never wounds 'till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her.

Was I wrong, Sir, in thinking this a strong picture of the temper and conduct of America? The poison of her teeth is the necessary means of digesting her food, and at the same time is certain destruction to her enemies. This may be understood to intimate that those things which are destructive to our enemies, may be to us not only harmless, but absolutely necessary to our existence. I confess I was wholly at a loss what to make of the rattles, 'till I went back and counted them and found them just thirteen, exactly the number of the Colonies united in America; and I recollected too that this was the only part of the Snake which increased in numbers. Perhaps it might be only fancy, but, I conceited the painter had shown a half formed additional rattle, which, I suppose, may have been intended to represent the province of Canada.

'Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together, so as never to be separated but by breaking them to pieces. One of those rattles singly, is incapable of producing sound, but the ringing of thirteen together, is sufficient to alarm the boldest man living.

The Rattle-Snake is solitary, and associates with her kind only when it is necessary for their preservation. In winter, the warmth of a number together will preserve their lives, while singly, they would probably perish. The power of fascination attributed to her, by a generous construction, may be understood to mean, that those who consider the liberty and blessings which America affords, and once come over to her, never afterwards leave her, but spend their lives with her. She strongly resembles America in this, that she is beautiful in youth and her beauty increaseth with her age, "her tongue also is blue and forked as the lightning, and her abode is among impenetrable rocks."

                                       – An American Guesser

source URL: http://www.greatseal.com/symbols/rattlesnake.html

Edit:
errata: "entertaining serpents"
correction: "intertwining serpents"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

helllooo everyone!!!!
I am so sorry I was so quiet for over 10 days but I was enjoying my time in Door County WI>!!!!
So Far I stopped counting my days !!!
one day is good one day is no to good but over all I think I am ok.
Finally i stopped the Kratom and this was not to bad !! When u take Suboxone WDS and Kratom it is like 1 to 50 :):)So after 16 mg cold turkey I think I can handle:) But I have to tell you then Kratom help me with the Wds about 60-70% U just need to take it smart and after a week or so I started to like it :):) Yes we all are addicts :):)
Specially me my life was like first Alcohol then vics then Suboxone, now finally I am drug free and do I like it ??? Fuck yeah I like it!!!!!My life is much better and I am not worry about the Zombies anymore I can win it now :):)
Guys peace be all good!!!!
Ryszard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ryszard, good to hear from you!!

Glad to hear you stopped the Kratom and that you're 100% drug free!! Yay you!!

BTW, I had to LOL at the zombie comment. Hilarious!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bad Night !!! No sleep at all!!! Don't know why? My arms ,my hands, legs are connected to 460 volt outlet!!!
I hope it was just last night. Now I feel ok just no energy I need to go sleep!! It will be long day :)
I think it is day # 34 for me and I think I am like 80-90% normal just last night !! Don't know what happened!!
Maybe it was Kratom calling me :):)
Maybe Suboxone wanted just remind me!! hey I am still here remember me :)
I am feeling ok now just tired because no sleep.
Hey I just will make my day a Music Day!!! Just good music all day long :):)
thanks God my job let me do it.
Peace
Ryszrad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Ryszard! I consider us wd buddies so it's nice to hear from you. Your bad night was probably PAWS, especially since stopping the Kratom. I'm at 6 weeks today and still get symptoms - for me the worst one is really bad post nasal drip which has required me to take Allegra, otherwise I'm hacking up a lung all day at work. In fact the symptoms got a little worse as soon as I stopped the wd medications so what you say makes perfect sense to me since the Clonadine and Lyrica were "drying" medications like the opiates.

Hey, just think how good you will sleep tonight!

Re your zombie comment. This is the exact biggest reason I wanted off the subs. It was a disturbing thought to me that if/when the zombie apocalypse (or any other huge event which grinds society to a halt enough so that you can't depend on filling monthly narcotics scripts at pharmacies) happens, I was going to be in deep doodoo because I would be too sick from wd to run from the zombies. Not anymore! Not only am I drug free but I have been running for five weeks now - I went five miles a few days ago and it felt great! So now I'm definitely going to be able to outrun the walking dead. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ryszard, sorry you had craptacular sleep last night. I'd say it's getting off the Kratom that did that, but ya never know?

Your great attitude continues to impress me so much. Keep hanging in there, man!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Newmomsf wrote:
Hey Ryszard! I consider us wd buddies so it's nice to hear from you. Your bad night was probably PAWS, especially since stopping the Kratom. I'm at 6 weeks today and still get symptoms - for me the worst one is really bad post nasal drip which has required me to take Allegra, otherwise I'm hacking up a lung all day at work. In fact the symptoms got a little worse as soon as I stopped the wd medications so what you say makes perfect sense to me since the Clonadine and Lyrica were "drying" medications like the opiates.

Hey, just think how good you will sleep tonight!

Re your zombie comment. This is the exact biggest reason I wanted off the subs. It was a disturbing thought to me that if/when the zombie apocalypse (or any other huge event which grinds society to a halt enough so that you can't depend on filling monthly narcotics scripts at pharmacies) happens, I was going to be in deep doodoo because I would be too sick from wd to run from the zombies. Not anymore! Not only am I drug free but I have been running for five weeks now - I went five miles a few days ago and it felt great! So now I'm definitely going to be able to outrun the walking dead. :-)

BTW I can't wait for Season 5 Walking Dead!!! Love it. We are watching it with my older son Eric !!
And about the monthly prescriptions with Zombie in town I was planning to do some crime:):)
Just find some Walgreens and empty it from Suboxone :):)
:)
Peace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
Hey Ryszard, sorry you had craptacular sleep last night. I'd say it's getting off the Kratom that did that, but ya never know?

Your great attitude continues to impress me so much. Keep hanging in there, man!!

I know it was the Kratom, but the Wds from it are like nothing Just Bad night:):)
But now I can say drug free:):)
With the Kratom I was kidna feeling like I am cheating my Body but it works:)
Now I need to lose my Belly:):)
Before all the fun time I was like 155-160lbs now I am 195!!!!!
Time to lose like 30lbs .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6s ... zNSgSzhBfM
my Day is better with this song:)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450p7goxZ
One More!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeDyxfLJ ... 4&index=15
love it!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ryszard wrote:
My arms ,my hands, legs are connected to 460 volt outlet!!!
High Voltage, Ryszard!: http://youtu.be/i0NcFU838GY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
Ryszard wrote:
My arms ,my hands, legs are connected to 460 volt outlet!!!
High Voltage, Ryszard!: http://youtu.be/i0NcFU838GY

Good one !!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next