It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you find the secret to more energy, let me know. Been struggling in that dept!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL on leaving a $50 tip for a $7 order!!

I'm glad your RLS has let up, that's a great feeling, isn't it? RLS from Sub wd is usually on the short side compared to wd from pain pills. That's been my experience.

Ugh, the crap energy thing. I wish there was some magic cure for it, but if there is, I don't know it. As time goes by, it will get better. About all I know to improve it is to eat healthy, exercise and wait.

Dr J. has mentioned a few times here that it takes 8 - 12 weeks for the "new opiate receptors" to regenerate, or something like that. During that time, you will feel better and better, but it can take up to 8 - 12 weeks for the energy to come back.

Hang tough peeps!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Ryszard,
Just wanted to jump in and offer my support. I, too, jumped off 16mg cold turkey and lived to tell the tale. However, I went to detox because I felt I couldn't handle kids, work and other responsibilities while I was going through it. So I commend you for sticking to it while still facing life on life's terms - that is no trivial feat.

For me the best thing was doing anything to boost natural endorphins:
1. Sex and orgasm, as much as possible
2. Laughter - I spent a lot of time around people who totally cracked me up and it helped a lot
3. Exercise - its really hard during that lead suit phase, but anything at all you can do helps
4. Other physical contact, like hugging or holding someone's hand or holding a baby
5. Music non-stop - I needed it so bad I tried going into the shower with my iPod
6. And like everyone said, hot baths - use Epsom salts - they're cheap as hell and really help (something about the magnesium being absorbed through your skin.) If you don't have time for a bath just even a few minutes in the shower helps.

Most importantly, plan something to support and maintain your recovery. That's the biggest thing. Soon the WD's will be over, and we are good at forgetting the pain. But at some point that little addict voice is gonna tell you it's ok to use again. That's the insanity of the disease. I do NA/AA meetings. I'm not a fanatic about it, but it's good to get to know other clean people, and to be reminded of what we went through. Or be able to help a newcomer who is suffering through what you are going through now, and help him/her through it.

I wish you all the best,
Lilly

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lillyval wrote:
Hi Ryszard,
Just wanted to jump in and offer my support. I, too, jumped off 16mg cold turkey and lived to tell the tale. However, I went to detox because I felt I couldn't handle kids, work and other responsibilities while I was going through it. So I commend you for sticking to it while still facing life on life's terms - that is no trivial feat.

For me the best thing was doing anything to boost natural endorphins:
1. Sex and orgasm, as much as possible
2. Laughter - I spent a lot of time around people who totally cracked me up and it helped a lot
3. Exercise - its really hard during that lead suit phase, but anything at all you can do helps
4. Other physical contact, like hugging or holding someone's hand or holding a baby
5. Music non-stop - I needed it so bad I tried going into the shower with my iPod
6. And like everyone said, hot baths - use Epsom salts - they're cheap as hell and really help (something about the magnesium being absorbed through your skin.) If you don't have time for a bath just even a few minutes in the shower helps.

Most importantly, plan something to support and maintain your recovery. That's the biggest thing. Soon the WD's will be over, and we are good at forgetting the pain. But at some point that little addict voice is gonna tell you it's ok to use again. That's the insanity of the disease. I do NA/AA meetings. I'm not a fanatic about it, but it's good to get to know other clean people, and to be reminded of what we went through. Or be able to help a newcomer who is suffering through what you are going through now, and help him/her through it.

I wish you all the best,
Lilly

Thank you Lilly and #1 on your list is a must :):):)
It is not easy .Yesterday I was feeling kidna ok and was so happy but last Night was bad so bad I didn't sleep at ALL Nada ,none ,zero!! And today the WDs r not to bad but because of no sleep I have completely no Energy !!I came to work 4am!!! :):) Yes I know I am the best Employee they have:)
I know I did big mistake last night and I took Unisom pills but the wrong ones and all night it made me so nervous.
Buy hey Day #12
:):)
Thank you for all the support!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on 12 days! Ya sleep can be tricky but does slowly come back. Fatigue for me is the last to go. Still fight it at work.

keep going, getting to the 2 week mark!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey rys! Just wanted to stop by and say that all of you that have jumped off high amounts truly amaze and inspire me! You are a champ for staying true to your plan of being completely sub free! Much respect!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ufff it was a long day.
After I get home I just past out with any pills help!! I had good 5 hours of sleep.
Hehe what am I gonna do now:):)
It is close to midnight and I am up and feel not bad.looks like it will be long night again but I don't give a crap!!! Finally I can see I am getting better.I went to do small shopping. Tons of protein shake and multi vitamins.
Btw some times my grammar is not to good but hey I had to learn the language:):)
I can write Polish and Spanish if u want me to:):):
Guys peace for all of us and lets see what will be tomorrow:):)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day # 13!!!!! I was so afraid how it will be after I wake up and guess what ? Not to bad steel far from perfect but I can deal with it.
I did get some multivitamin ,protein shakes and 3 cases of Gatorade.
Talk to wife and today we will sing up for a Gym.
get my bike and I AM Ready for a Old New Life!!!!
thank you all.
Crazy legs feeling went away but have some with my arms. Not to bad.
Now need to find special juice to get more Energy and all will be ok.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I found cardio helps. Been going to the gym past 2 nights and working out and felt an improvement in energy. Even though its only been 2 days, I swear it helped tons. Yesterday and today I have alot more energy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I love your new avatar!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
I love your new avatar!!

U r e the one who told me to watch Spongbob :):) lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I probably look like that (Sponge Bob avatar) when I'm having an euphoric manic episode.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good Morning!!
Today is my day # 14 !! 2 WEEKS!!!
I feel ok steel far from perfect but it is not something I can not deal with !!Yesterday I went Fishing!! First time in 3 years!! and nice large M Bass 18in!!
Looks like little by little my life is on the good track!!!
Already making a plans for 4th!!! I just want to take my Family for nice fireworks and then go to some isolated place ,Nice campground .
Looking for some more Energy but now looks like every day I feel stronger.
Thank you to All of you again and again!!!
Peace
Ryszard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ryszard,

I know I haven't commented in your thread before, but I do keep up with everyone's threads here. I love stories like yours, and lately I've been following quite a few inspiring stopping and tapering threads! I'm amazed at your attitude and progress, especially jumping at the high dose that you jumped from. you've remained so positive and productive as some of the other's threads I've followed. These, to me, are the best stories to read especially for anyone thinking of tapering or jumping, and imo shows just not only amazing inner strength, but what a powerful and amazing recovery tool Suboxone/bupe can be. I say that because, how many of us, during our active addiction could successfully taper our use or jump and still maintain activities of daily living, and even post about our experience?! I know when I was usingmy doc,iI was a non functional, shaking, useless puddle of sweat and kicking legs ever time I tried to taper or jump, which I attempted more times than I can count! but I read story after story of people who are able to summon the strength to do so with subs... and still work, post threads, even eat and get out of bed. That says a lot to me about the people who are DOING IT!( TRAINER) :-), Romeo, you ryszard and many others whose stories I've read, and a lot about subs. it tells me that it's doable,a real possibility for anyone who chooses to do it. these stories even make me feel better about my choice to use subs as part of my recovery. although I've no plans of coming off, it takes away the fear that I usedto know everyday while i was using, the " omg, what am I gonna do, I'm running out" or " I've tried so many times&,I can't do it" feeling, and replaces that fear with confidence that I'm doing the right thing for my recovery, and that I'll be able to taper or jump one day if I decide to.
I used to think that I didn't need to read the stopping threads because I have no plans of stopping Suboxone, but now I find everyone's experience/ story valuable to me and my recovery also. I thank everyone who comes and shares their story. it really does help others.. in all stages of treatment! y'all are awesome! I'm so glad to be part of such an awesome forum full of great members, and mods and it gives me the feeling that we're not alone, we're all in this together, kicking this disease's ass! Keep up the awesome work, and hope you have a wonderful 4th!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
Ryszard,

I know I haven't commented in your thread before, but I do keep up with everyone's threads here. I love stories like yours, and lately I've been following quite a few inspiring stopping and tapering threads! I'm amazed at your attitude and progress, especially jumping at the high dose that you jumped from. you've remained so positive and productive as some of the other's threads I've followed. These, to me, are the best stories to read especially for anyone thinking of tapering or jumping, and imo shows just not only amazing inner strength, but what a powerful and amazing recovery tool Suboxone/bupe can be. I say that because, how many of us, during our active addiction could successfully taper our use or jump and still maintain activities of daily living, and even post about our experience?! I know when I was usingmy doc,iI was a non functional, shaking, useless puddle of sweat and kicking legs ever time I tried to taper or jump, which I attempted more times than I can count! but I read story after story of people who are able to summon the strength to do so with subs... and still work, post threads, even eat and get out of bed. That says a lot to me about the people who are DOING IT!( TRAINER) :-), Romeo, you ryszard and many others whose stories I've read, and a lot about subs. it tells me that it's doable,a real possibility for anyone who chooses to do it. these stories even make me feel better about my choice to use subs as part of my recovery. although I've no plans of coming off, it takes away the fear that I usedto know everyday while i was using, the " omg, what am I gonna do, I'm running out" or " I've tried so many times&,I can't do it" feeling, and replaces that fear with confidence that I'm doing the right thing for my recovery, and that I'll be able to taper or jump one day if I decide to.
I used to think that I didn't need to read the stopping threads because I have no plans of stopping Suboxone, but now I find everyone's experience/ story valuable to me and my recovery also. I thank everyone who comes and shares their story. it really does help others.. in all stages of treatment! y'all are awesome! I'm so glad to be part of such an awesome forum full of great members, and mods and it gives me the feeling that we're not alone, we're all in this together, kicking this disease's ass! Keep up the awesome work, and hope you have a wonderful 4th!

You have no idea what u just did !!You make my Day!!!!!!!!After reading it I feel even stronger!!!!
You make me smile !!!And I know my day will be much better Today!!!!
This forum is great so many great People with there life stories (god or bad) and I am so happy I find it .I hope and I know u will do it same thing one day u will be Sub Free!!!!!!!!!
Again thank you so much and God (Jesus, AlaahhBudda........), be with all of us!!!!
Peace !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey rys! Just wanted to say congrats! 2 weeks is huge! Every time I see the title of your thread I think "holy shit!!" From what I have read from several people, it sounds like the 2 week mark it somewhat of the turning point? I think it's great that you're getting out and doing stuff that you used to enjoy. Congrats again!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

USA!!!!!!!!!!!
we are in!!! Second round!!!!
It won't be easy vs Belgium but who knows !!IT IS FUTBOL !!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on 2 weeks dude!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

trainer14 wrote:
Congrats on 2 weeks dude!!!!!!

Thank u thank u !!! I am far from be 100% but now feel I can easy deal with it. The last 2 weeks was hard very hard but I did already change more then with in 4 years on vics and sub
I started run, fishing, biking and I even washed my Dog by my self:):) no more petco:)
I feel ever day stronger and I know now it won't be turning back!!!!!
Peace .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My goodness you're an amazing person. You jumped from a massive dose of Suboxone and your attitude is simply stellar. I can't put to words how impressed I am with how you're kicking ass!! All I can say is WOW!!!

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!

K, one more time.....WOW on how well you're doing!! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next