It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post your questions here, and I'll do my best to explain my thoughts on the issue. whatever you post, watch for my response in a week.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: more questions?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

for my next bupe refill,I will be receiving mono product buprenorphine without naloxone. my doctor was willing to rx this due to cost concerns for me. My question is, in your experience with your patients, have any of them said there is a difference in the way any of the different brands of bupe work? I have read here and on some other websites that some brands dont work as well as others, and that some patients feel that it wears off between doses? what's your take on whether or not there's a difference in the brands? and are there/ is there a particular one you've heard from patients is more effective than another?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have two questions also.
The half-life I understand can effect how long it takes for plasma levels to reach 97%.
Any idea how long it takes bupe to reach the >97% plasma barrier?What does body do with bupe that goes over 100% plasma barrier or ceiling level?
thank you,

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was just wondering if it is legal/common practice for your doctor to perscribe Suboxone and send you home to induct? With having paid $150 and not even a follow up appointment just wondering if its a legal or ethical issue?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm just bumping this up to the top of the 'recent posts' list, in case people haven't seen the answer...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I will admit, I haven't had time to watch the video response from the doc.. but I just wanted to chime in and say that I've never had an in-office induction. I've lived in 3 different states while using suboxone, and had switched doctors between states a handful of times. I'm really not sure why some do and some don't. I'll have to watch Subdoc's video. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxdoc wrote:

Your an amazing Dr and if I ever lost my amazing Sub Dr I'd definitely wish I had a Sub Dr like you who is so well informed & actually cares. I've been through hell and back with a 10yr span of pain management that was way out of control with the peak of my usage the last five years being RX'd Methadone 200mg a day + Dilaudid 8mg 4x a day. Im almost done with my degree in radiological science now looking at possible PA or med school next. It's a breathe of fresh air to see a well informed doctor when it comes to addiction and buprenorphine treatment.

Ever scene something like this?:

I am lucky though that I had an amazing Dr' who kept me on the Subutex because the inital 3 weeks on Suboxone tablets I was violently ill throwing up and having pains in my stomach/liver which went away completely with Subutex. I know Naloxone shouldn't be orally active when used correectly under the tongue but my reaction was bad. Later i found out that even after having completed treated my HepC achieving a sustained viral response (and with genotype 1A of all things! Hardest to treat) that taking the combinations was making my ALT numbers on blood work 8x what is the normal enzymes I should have which returned to normal when put back on Subutex. I wish more Dr's wouldn't just give Subutex to anyone but I do think it should be looked at if someone is having obvious symptoms they shouldn't on Suboxone that aren't happening on Subutex.

On a side note this is my experience with the whole Naloxone causing problems for people who choose to IV there Suboxone and the pharmaceutical companies who convince Dr's not very trained in Suboxone that it actually causes an issue that deters IV use cause of Naloxone:

Even though it's bad to admit towards the end of my pain management when I was receiving suboxone & also had subutex (sadly it was illicit because I was on waiting lists but it was worth it because I found an amazing Dr' with his own experiences as an anesthesiologist with opiate abuse himself) & I had a PICC line in still I started off on Generic Subutex (buprenorphine only) i had acquired myself & I did inject it (using .45um micron filter then ran through a .22um micron filter...trying to be safe abut doing something really dumb) & as it was buprenorphine by itself I felt no adverse effects. When that ran ut and I had Suboxone I wanted to test the higher affinity to the receptors theory for Buprenorphine + Naloxone & truthfully the Buprenorphine out competes the Naloxone for the receptors. It maybe made a slight weird feeling for 2 minutes but the Buprenorphine definitely has a higher affinity & renders the Naloxone inactive even when IV.

Truth be told I think it was just a scare tactic or honestly a tactic to make Dr's feel more at ease prescribing Suboxone because they believe it is unable to be abused IV which isn't true. Just a good way for a company to patent a medication & when that ran out and combination-tablets went generic as well they pushed the new Suboxone strips and RB did that whole campaign on discontinue the pills with a meme campaign that the pills are dangerous and too easy for a child to mistake as candy (or something) making the brand name strips nice and constantly as a new patent.

Im not proud at the end of my addiction that I tried that & im afraid of what I could have done as far as heart valve bacteria & such but that is why I used sterile saline and a .22um wheel filter with pores small enough to filter bacteria out even. I was trying to be smart about doing something very dumb. For almost a year now I've taken everything as prescribed to stop addictive behaviors and got my life back. Do you think I messed up my heart valves and should have them checked?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxdoc wrote:

Also I detest those Hi-Tek Buprenorphine only pills too I always found them to be too weak & I always use the Roxanne generic's but in my area i have only one pharmacies that orders them in and caries them for me. They dissolve great but that isn't the part that I really prefer the most about them. It is that it is easier to break pills in halves or quarters to adjust the dosing of them if your on a funky in between dose like 12mg or 20mg like I have been in the past. Makes a taper to detox far easier too using the bigger pills. Great advice Dr & I wish I lived anywhere near you if I ever needed a new Dr. You should teach classes for Sub Dr's since so many are so hit and miss these days with actually caring or not. let a lone actually having a lot of knowledge.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:34 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

suboxdoc wrote:
Post your questions here, and I'll do my best to explain my thoughts on the issue. whatever you post, watch for my response in a week.

Thanks!

Is there any information or medical studies that support the following?:
Bigger babies(roughly 8lbs+) or later-term babies (40weeks+) born to Moms taking buprenorphine have more severe NAS symptoms and a higher chance of being medicated.

This is a trend that I've noticed in many of the buprenorphine/pregnancy support groups, but I currently cannot find any medical studies to back it up. Just wondering if there is any truth to this theory in your experience.

Jamie B

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.