It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NO MORE OXY PLEASE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:34 am 

razor55 wrote:
Hey Always,
Sorry your bored today, but look how well your doing!!
No Relapses, and you almost have 30 days clean, thsts huge!
You should be proud. I know we are! Im sure you are too..
Your new dr sounds good to me. Very understanding and takes ins.
12 mgs is a good dose in early sub treatment, hopefully by dosing it out
three times a day your pain will be relived effectively ..
Hang in there Always,keep movin forward !!!

Razor....
Oh and the Steelers are on!!!! Just sayn....

Always didn't blow it, but the Steelers sure did! :( I hate Baltimore!!! The stench of Ray Lewis still lingers!!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lmao too funny Amy.. Its alright razor my sooners couldn't beat a junior varsity high school team this year so I feel your pain ..Thought the Steelers would get it done..But if your like me getting tired of saying always next year lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:04 pm 

So Always, yourc okla, Sooner fan?, well mine team just joined the Big 12 and gave away all three games with y all..
I live in northern West Virginia. ....yup..theres alway next year!!....lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yah man I actually live in Norman..I just was up your way when OU played WVU this last game we had a great time I really enjoyed it course I hadn't started treatment when I was up there lol.. I think our 2 schools are gonna end up with a great rivalry...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Blah, blah, blah....all this football talk. Let's talk about something good like...ummm....PIZZA! Or pie, or cookies....Can you tell I'm hungry???? :P

How ya feelin' Always?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:46 pm 

There isnt anything better than football Q,except Big Als PIZZA here in the university city!!!!
If you have Big Als, you wont need opiates!! Ha..@always, we shoulda beat ya all three years...and wecall blew the bowl games..sheeh....

Ok...ya pizza, i could too Q....!!

Rz R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lol Q,,Right I can always talk about food all I have to do is think about all those nights in the desert eating a nice package of the finest the military has to offer and believe me pizza sounds alright lol..I am actually doing the best I have been since the first week and I felt so good until the reality of it all kicked in but even my patrol officers at work were commenting how I looked like I was feeling better so although kinda freaked out that I was looking bad enough for it to be a topic of conversation in the break room that the sarge wasn't looking so good I am very thankful that I feel good now and I will definitely be all over anyone who talks bad about this drug..I was just sitting here thinking about where I was just 5 or 6 weeks ago ready to put a 9mm up to my head and be done because I didn't wanna deal with losing my job because I couldn't find or afford for that matter any more evil ass drugs to where I am now ( stable ,happy,ready for anything the world has to offer) and actually ready to help someone else who is so sad and at that point ...So yah I'm doin HELLA AWESOME TODAY and probably safe to say tomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm 

Hey Always, just straight up Congrats on your new life..I love it when i read these post from others who are Wining!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks brother

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So I know most of you guys have been on suboxone for quite awhile but something happened today that has made me quite proud and while I of all people AM NOT big on patting myself on the back as I overall have a bad opinion of myself as far as all I have done to be this self centered horrible person I have become because of drugs I just really wanted to type this out ....TODAY IS MY FIRST BIRTHDAY IN SO MANY YEARS I HAVE LOST COUNT THAT I AM SOBER ...And while I thought I would be depressed as I would always rail up endless lines of those little devils until I couldn't even walk on previous birthdays ..Instead I am extremely happy and feel great about myself for the first time in quite awhile..And for anyone reading this that may in the endless struggle of addiction and thinking about suboxone treatment or trying to feed me more bs about how suboxone isn't being clean or how its just trading one drug for another GUESS WHAT I STILL HAVE MY ENTIRE PAYCHECK AND MONEY IN THE BANK AND I AM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO DYING FROM A DAMN O.D.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:13 pm 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALWAYS!!!!! :) :)

I remember my first bday that rolled around when I could actually say the same thing ur saying and I remember how proud of myself I felt. Very good!! And it will only get better and better I promise. Have a wonderful day :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always

Happy Belated Birthday! I remember when it hit me that i was "normal" again. Sub treatment has also given me my life back.

It took me a few weeks to get stable - 1 week on sub & i passed a kidney stone - but once i did it was a great feeling to not chase the devil any more.

I love reading a happy story!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:25 pm 

Happy Belated Birthday!!

You deserve to feel good about your first birthday sober!! You have been putting in the hard work to get here! I hope you can feel the virtual pat on your back coming from me! :D

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanx,guys ...how are things going for you ? Hopefully everyone still on track for a good year

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ok so question for you guys if anyone knows..I recently found out a family member of mine has been taking suboxone for about 3 months I only found out as I was asking her to get some help as I knew for a fact she was having problems with oxy (shocker right) ..problem is she told me she had been "obtaining" it because she didn't think she could be honest with a doc and say she already had Sub in her system and no other opiates not to mention the fact she can't afford the induction...So obviously the money issue is solved because I will be more than happy to pay that for her but I damn sure don't wanna waste my money if she is right and I dint wanna ask my doc because as you guys know I went through hell finding her ...So has anyone ever known anyone to be successful finding a doc for this situation?? Should I call around anonymously and just explain the situation??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:57 pm 

Hey Always,
First off its good that she is on sub now and not using. This treatment is for people that Cant stop using. Drs get calls all the time by addicts like your family member.
It doesn't need to be a big secret. Just tell them she and knows how sub works because she has tried and wants to do it RIGHT.
You know, we had this subject of honesty come up here last week. The addict did have some trouble but this is different.
Your own dr could help. Or call new one. They expect a opiate addict to use Anything to stay out of wd including Suboxone. Its really not a big surprise to them.
Being with a dr and having accountability is so important imo. I truely believe this.
So...help her out like you have been and togather you guys will hopefully find a Dr.
In my experience ive seen addicts come in to clinic in just tthe way you are talking about..

Good luck .... razor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always

Every doctor is different but i know my doc "knows" we can get sub on the street. He told me if an addict comes in already on sub from the street it's not that unusual. He said he feels they already wanted recovery so he will treat them. There may be weekly visits at first to make sure they are taking it properly. He doesn't like that sub is being sold on the street because it makes the DEA more strict but everyone knows it's available.

So, if you lived near me i would give you his name & she could go. He probably charges the same first time fee even if they are on sub. IMHO, if she can get an appointment she should tell the office before hand that she is already taking it and that she wants to be under a doctors care because she is ready for recovery.

Just my experience. I actually know another doctor in my area that doesn't care what you are on - all he wants to know is if you have the money.

Good Luck, I hope it works out for your family member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Cool thanks guys it just really concerned me when she told me how she was getting them ..lol also kinda pissed me off she was getting them cheaper than people like yourself that do cash pay and do things honest and end up paying so much for them ... Unfortunately my doc isn't taking anymore patients so I am just gonna hook her up with my old doc as much (as much as I didn't like her ) at least I know she has spots available and no doubt since she is the most expensive of the docs around here..At least she get help immediately until my new doc has a spot hopefully soon .. Again thanks just wanted a second opinion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Also we might have went over this before but how long were you guys on weekly visits when you first started treatment my doc says weekly for the first 8 weeks and that just seems excessive,I'm not complaining I am very thankful for my treatment and love my doc I was just curious how long others had yo do it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always

My experience was i went weekly for the first 2 weeks for a quick check & pill count then i went once 2 weeks later then he gave me a monthly script. I paid around $700 the first month which included the $250 first visit, $150 for the next 3. I spoke to him about my situation & now pay $125 a month for the visit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next