It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NO MORE OXY PLEASE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes!

Little things like that will just keep adding up for you, and before you know it you will be wondering why you stayed in that hell for so long. That last post really made me smile always! I'm lovin' it. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm posting this on my thread because I unintentionally jacked slippers thread under bupe for life...Slipper I am so sorry for that...JENN YOU ARE AWESOME and have treated me great you and Amy and several others here.. what donh did was lecture me like I am an idiot and I obviously needed a lesson on the difference between a P.A. and a doctor and how long they go to school... I have been around many different personalities in the military and I certainly don't need TOUGH LOVE what I thought we were talking about was how and why some of us feel the need to stash back extra medication and I was just saying WHY I felt the need to do that ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So just a couple of things ..First of all I want to apologize to the forum for all the drama I have caused I'm sorry for freaking out and don't want everyone to avoid me ... And also want to tell the people who wrote me encouraging words even though you guys are probably like OMG this one is more than a couple cans short of a six pack and yep lol I know ...I am determined to make this work and try to remain positive so you guys don't dread seeing my name on a post...Did want you guys to know I have successfully found another sub doctor after about a thousand questions for each of the unlucky doctors offices I called I was very careful in selecting a new one and I'm gonna go in and try to have a good attitude from the beginning...I still am gonna have to see my current doc for 2 more weeks but I am NOT GONNA RELAPSE no matter what. And although I am still dreading getting a therapist that's the goal for today after attempting to get some sleep that is and as far as my physical pain im doing great although taking a few too many ibuprofen but hey better than the alternative..Again thank you guys for the support and hey its not all about me let me know how you guys are doing as well ..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No apologies are needed Always. The first weeks or months of treatment are very difficult for some people. That is what this forum is meant to do, encourage and support those in need. No worries.

I'm doing great, thanks for asking! Getting ready for Christmas. I have to bake cookies today, and wrap MORE presents. Dang it, those things seem to be multiplying in my closet!

I'm glad you found a doctor that you are comfortable with. Hopefully he won't be a dissapointment. I'm really happy you stuck it out and found someone to take you in. Sometimes advocating for ourselves is very difficult. Good job.

Hope your day goes well!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Didn't know where to post this but I was curious if anyone has ever taken celebrex with suboxone..I had my 4th week appointment with my current sub doc today and asked the P.A. she said I will ask the doctor and suggested I take 800mg of ibuprofen at a time instead of the 600 I'm currently taking and I just said ok but I'm already alternating between the ibuprofen and naproxen along with ice packs so I was just curious if anyone would know anything about this..I have a new primary doctor but don't see him till the 30th..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So I'm having a hard time figuring out if I need to call around for just a addiction counselor or if it would be better to get an actual psychiatrist or what is it only psychiatrist that can prescribe meds ? Because I think I need anti depressants at the very least but should I talk to just a counselor first ? I'm hoping some of you guys can tell me what type counseling you get or have had

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:26 pm 

Hey Always,
If you think you need a antidepressant id go to a Psychiatrist. You feel you need more help besides your addiction issues that wohld be your best bet in my opinion.
Addiction therapist can help, but not to ssure they can write Rx. My Sub Dr is a MD and a shrink. Plus our clinic has group therapy that we must attend the first year.

Sub treatment can help solve so many of our problems but not all of them. Wishing you the best of luck and heath as you search for help....

Razor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks razor for responding lol I am not having a great last few days on here so you can probably see why I have no friends lol.. I feel like I'm pretty much falling apart mentally since I have started all this but I'm actually doing really well on my treatment as contradictory as that sounds..I have had 2 occasion where it was more than possible to relapse and I actually surprised myself by walking away so I have that at least thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man doing this on my phone is tough keep hitting the submit like a dork... Anyways I really think the psychiatrist is the way to go but man I dread it sooooo bad I really hope I find a way to verbalize just how jacked up everything is but I guess that's what they figure out lol guarantee whoever it is they got they work cut out for em

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:33 pm 

Always,
You are a Full member here now. We help one ankther in many many ways. Help each other see and learn.
You have friends here. You do.
There are no worries or troubles just learning.and you are...learning.

Misunderstandings? ,sure, but thats life even on a forum.

So, now I think you are making the right move in finding a dr to talk too.
I wouldnt have had the recovery i do now had it not been for the Threesided treatment i received.
Sub, some 12 step, andca Addiction Pro.
Give yourself a break and be openminded to all the help you can.

Your doing good..keep movin forward Always...

Razor..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:45 pm 

Hey always :) u def have friends here. I don't get on the forum til the end of the day sometimes so I don't always see posts. I have the app on my cell and do sometimes miss posts....don't know why that happens on my phone lol but it does. So don't think u have no friends, sometimes it may take a bit for a response. But I didn't respond to ur post about the question about the cellebrex.....is that what its name was? Only because I'm not familiar with that med or taking anything with my sub because I don't take anything but sub and advil lol so I wouldn't ever wanna give ya advice on something I know nothing about. Sometimes I think I need an antidepressant with my sub and even asked my Dr about feeling anxious and depressed. He says.....that's normal, life and life's stress takes getting used to. So I said oh forget this why did I bother. I have never claimed to have the most understanding Dr but I do like him. I mostly deal with my addiction counselor that my clinic provides for us. Anyway, just wanted u to know always, ur not alone & have friends here :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks guys that really means more to me than u know I guess when I was high all the time I didn't care about anyone or anything besides getting high lol .. But now that I'm sober (never thought I would say those words)just trying to find a way to be happy..But who knows if it wasn't for suboxone I might be dead right now ... But I'm not and talking to u guys helps because you all have been through it so again thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 am 

Always,
Tella what they told me in my early recovery days.
Its a simple thing to do .
Its called a grateful list. When feeling down or beat up by the regular everyday doledrums, write out a list of the good or things your grateful for.
Its wont solve all your problems but it can help you see that your life has changed plus there is something to build on. Im not a big 12 stepper these days, but sitting in a few of those could be of help too..and its free..something to think about.. hey, your clean today, your living an breathing. Sub did help save you..

Razor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You know what razor that's actually a great idea I'm gonna make that list tonight at work .. Also wanted to share something with you guys...I received a PM from a member I wont mention the members name but it hit me like a brick they were talking about how even though the doctor may have been a little liberal with the prescription pad that they had owned up and taken responsibility for taking the excessive amount and I thought you know all these years I have been blaming the doctor for putting me in this hell but I WAS THE ONE SNORTING THEM UP MY NOSE the doctor didn't crush em up and hand me the straw so I do own some responsibility for my addiction..And to be honest that realization alone actually made me feel a little better in some way although I don't understand why it would but it did..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:54 pm 

Always,
Thats wonderful to hear. We find new answers and awakings as we stay clean.
As addicts, we do try to blame others for what has happened to us.I sure did.
"If it wasnt for that damn girl, this wouldnt hzve hsppened",or it is the pills fault,
Can I blame the pill makers? I lost my house because the Pharmaceutical company made
my drug of choise? My issues always came down to ...me. and choises. .
Early recovery can be a wonderful eye opening experience. Hang in there......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always,

Thanks for sharing that! It might seem like something little to you right now, but it's actually a huge step for you to start seeing this! We can't learn from our mistakes if we don't admit we made any. I'm so proud of you for being willing to look at it in a different way than you have been.

Aren't you glad you stuck it out? I know it's still relatively new for you, but you have made some big steps in the last month. You should really be proud of yourself.

And, to whoever the member was that sent you the PM, good job! I love seeing our members reaching out to each other for encouragement. That's what makes this place so special. :D

Q

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

UPDATE: First thing is OMG I am so hella bored today even with football and basketball going lol..Started with my new doc yesterday and went great she wants me on 12mg split into 3 doses a day because of the pain..We discussed in detail a plan for my shoulder replacement surgery when I get to where I just can't take it anymore so I am extremely happy that she will handle all my medication when the time comes but for now I will deal with it as I am proud of myself for making it even this far without any relapses ..So over all I am hella happy I decided to use my insurance and get a good doc and sure helps the wallet too lol...Also finally got some mental help and medication and slowly feeling like myself again...Just want to say thanks to those of you that have helped me through everything it really does help having a place like this

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My day was good and then i read your post.....Now my day is GREAT! So glad to read you are taking care of yourself!!! Happy to hear you are starting to feel like yourself again.

Woo Hoo, I am Proud of you to! :D Keep up the good work Always!

Love reading positive posts!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:01 pm 

Hey Always,
Sorry your bored today, but look how well your doing!!
No Relapses, and you almost have 30 days clean, thsts huge!
You should be proud. I know we are! Im sure you are too..
Your new dr sounds good to me. Very understanding and takes ins.
12 mgs is a good dose in early sub treatment, hopefully by dosing it out
three times a day your pain will be relived effectively ..
Hang in there Always,keep movin forward !!!

Razor....
Oh and the Steelers are on!!!! Just sayn....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so glad to see you are starting to catch a few breaks. Having a good few days in a row can do wonders for how we feel about ourselves. Remember that you have put in an awful lot of hard work to make everything that you are receiving now possible. :D You deserve the best bud.

And, I'm extra super happy that you like your new doctor! AND SHE TAKES INSURANCE!!!!! YAY!
If she was super hot it would be even better. :wink: But, we'll take what we can get, huh?

I'm excited to see the turn in your posts always. You seem to be in a much better place now. Keep em' coming!

Q

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next