It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I went from depressed feeling, bored with life, no motivation, no energy, no libido at all, ect. To happy as I've ever been, motivated, full of energy, much much more libido lol, and many other great things.

I used opiates from 15 years old to 23 years old and finally couldn't understand why I felt so shitty all the time. I swore it was suboxone. Seriously. But then they tested my T and it was like 150 or something. Really really extremely low for a young man. I felt like an old man lol.

I highly recommend it.

It took a few weeks to really feel good. Like 3.

Never heard of the eyebrows thing. Sounds bad.

But. After reading your posts, I think you'd really benefit from T replacement because buprenorphine lowers t. Not as bad as full agonists but enough over time.

Look into it man.

Feel like a man should!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was Just curios......I am actualy on it already myself and have also had improvements......i know all opiats cause this problem but in my experience suboxone is killing the shit out of your endocrine system fast where normal opiats only damage it over time to a much lesser degree.........in my opinion a doctor should have an honest discussion with a man who still has the ability to be a man without taking his testosterone as medicine, before putting him on a drug that kills that ability it faster than u can say limp dick...........I was a very fertile well endowed mans man before suboxone....after a very short time on suboxone I'm no longer the mans man that my father raised me to be.... A guy like me don't take an oh well attitude to having my manhood taken away sorry if that makes me jaded....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

semperfiguy wrote:
I was Just curios......I am actualy on it already myself and have also had improvements......i know all opiats cause this problem but in my experience suboxone is killing the shit out of your endocrine system fast where normal opiats only damage it over time to a much lesser degree.........in my opinion a doctor should have an honest discussion with a man who still has the ability to be a man without taking his testosterone as medicine, before putting him on a drug that kills that ability it faster than u can say limp dick...........I was a very fertile well endowed mans man before suboxone....after a very short time on suboxone I'm no longer the mans man that my father raised me to be.... A guy like me don't take an oh well attitude to having my manhood taken away sorry if that makes me jaded....

it's all in the WAY you look at things dude.....

I'll tell ya something...... My husband takes the lil blue pill now, cuz he's on generic bi-polar meds, and 37..(im 31).. neither he or the Dr. is sure which one of those has more to do with the issue...(and we've been together since 2000)

as I got more time OFF the dope, I got more and more ummmm Libido......
Like,,,, wanted to every single day....
and he'd try,,, but it just didn't work out... very very frustrating situation....
TIL HE WENT TO THE DR.....

and you know what??
I think of him, as a BETTER man, to do something about the problem.. cuz I thought it was me... He wasn't able to, but it wasn't because of LACK OF EFFORT ON MY PART, let me tell ya that....

the moral of the story here,,, is that I don't think of him ANY DIFFERENTLY...
less of a man's man,
or any of that bullshit...
I get PLENTY OF ATTENTION these days, and I'm perfectly happy in that department..

but I tell ya what, there'd be a REAL BIG ISSUE,, if I wasn't.......
especially now that I don't get high...

Just wanted to mention that, from a woman's perspective.......

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

semperfiguy wrote:
Wow people are talking about the downsides of suboxone on suboxforum.com but still helping echother and nobody is freaking out...

Why I F***ing LOVE this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:49 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

MovieMaker1 wrote:
Agreed.

You can't possibly say that suboxone makes you stay home, not meet other addicts, become a part of society. Another case where I truly believe that it's either an underlying problem that needs looked at or lack of real acceptance. I used to think recovery stuff was worthless and crazy, but now it has turned my life inside out. I feel great alot of the time now. That's why I recommend it. Just a thought.

When I first started subs up again after a crazy relapse I was outgoing like crazy and getting into all sorts of trouble...the problem is to this day I can STILL get euphoric from it. But after a while all I wanted to do was stay home and melt into the couch, I didn't work a recovery program though, I did some IOP stuff from inpatient rehab but I didn't really feel 'connected' to anyone there....subs DID make my testosterone plummet into the low 100s though and made my sub doc think I was on roids even though I lost 35 lbs being on subs for 18 months.

Advice for guys on subs: get your testosterone checked. It made a pretty big difference for me. Just stay away from the androgel. It's messy and I don't feel it's as effective. Plus if you live with a female you gotta separate laundry and all that

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hope that you all find strength and happiness in all that you do.